Whats the difference between balcony and concierge class

bogofman

Prices continue to tumble and the concierge class are now less than we paid for a standard balcony,

i'm considering ringing up and seeing if i can convert without losing my deposit here in UK.

i'm sure if i want the lower price i will need to cancel and start again. then celebrity get my £300

however the price is close to £300 lower already and there are still 4 months to final payment:mad:

The differences depend on the ship. Concierge cabins larger on M class. The same on S class. That along with a bottle of house wine, a nicer robe and a coupe of other things. Look at "Already Booked" and then staterooms on the dropdown menu.

We would not pay more for Concierge unless we needed the extra Captain's Club points.

Is this for your cruise on Reflection? Concierge Class is not very valuable on S- Class ships, of which this is one. I would not bother to change unless the price drops a lot more.

Concierge Class gives you more Captain's Club points, and that's the main feature for many.

If you were on an M class ship, you would get a slightly larger stateroom, but on Reflection the stateroom will be no bigger than the one you already have booked.

There are also a few more items on the breakfast room service menu for a CC cabin, umbrella and binoculars for your use in the room, nicer robes and a few other small niceties....if the price has dropped to your deposit level or close I would CXL and rebook, the extra Captains Club points are a nice addition as well

I also noticed some price changes for my cruise planned in late March. The Concierge Class cabins fell to the same price I paid for a Guaranteed Balcony. My original assignment was a somewhat obstructed balcony on deck 6 near the aft (no lifeboats visible, but it was the roof of one of the restaurants that extended 10 feet or so past balcony). Anyway, I called Celebrity and was able to switch to Concierge Class on deck 9 with no obstructions that was then at the same price point as my originally priced Guaranteed Balcony. They tried to upsell the recently price reduced Aqua Class as well, however I declined since I didn't want to go above deck 9 and probably won't care for the Blu dining. I booked directly through Celebrity and this was all after paying in full. My wife and I are happy about the switch.

From everything I've heard Concierge Class is usually not worth the price hike, but in my case it seemed like a no brainer since we ended up with a better balcony.

Edited by FlaLove

We have only sailed M-class ships and like the CC rooms for the extra 20 square feet of cabin space. Many of the perks for CC rooms have been cut back or made redundant (no more flowers, fewer extra items on the breakfast room service menu, free sparkling wine not needed if you have the drinks package).

You won't get extra space on an S-class ship, so I guess it comes down to whether you need the extra Captain's Club points and if the available cabin is in a better location than your current balcony.

Cheers,

• 7 months later...

Since this thread began, Celebrity has 're-vamped' the Concierge perks to include a private luncheon in the MDR, and a dedicated concierge at check-in to help you with any requests. As always, you will also have a very short check in line. We are excited to try out the Concierge class again after sailing in AQ for some time...

Concierge cabins on M class are larger (20 sq. ft.) than verandah, same size on S class ships.

Here is a link to the X website list of concierge class features:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

For no cost or a small cost I'd definitely take the concierge cabin.:)

IMHO, the M class doesn't have the class of the S class...I will not cruise M again....only S from now on...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting. We've only done M b/c we always thought we'd prefer the smaller size. Our next 2 cruises are S. We're curious to see how we feel about the larger size ship. I know we'll enjoy b/c we both love to cruise and X is our favorite.

Interesting. We've only done M b/c we always thought we'd prefer the smaller size. Our next 2 cruises are S. We're curious to see how we feel about the larger size ship. I know we'll enjoy b/c we both love to cruise and X is our favorite.

We are in the same position. We have taken five cruises on M class ships since March 2015. Our first S class is in January. I have a feeling we will not want to go back to the M class. We do have Panama Canal booked with friends on the Infinity in October 2017 and will keep that reservation. I do love the size of the M classes, but, imo, they are starting to show their age, especially in the cabins.

Marie

Concierge cabins on M class are larger (20 sq. ft.) than verandah, same size on S class ships.

Here is a link to the X website list of concierge class features:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

For no cost or a small cost I'd definitely take the concierge cabin.:)

Thank you for the link. We are on the Eclipse right now. I was sure concierge category was supposed to have priority boarding but was told not in Southampton last week. We had an hour wait in line. Following that we ran into a difficulty because my husband was only on one of 2 manifest lists so another hour...they had me traveling solo even though they had his sea pass card ready....missed the lunch and no concierge in sight...not a good start for the first time on Celebrity! The worst embarkation ever in any category...does the priority embarkation with concierge only apply to some ports?

Edited by Cancun01

Thank you for the link. We are on the Eclipse right now. I was sure concierge category was supposed to have priority boarding but was told not in Southampton last week. We had an hour wait in line. Following that we ran into a difficulty because my husband was only on one of 2 manifest lists so another hour...they had me traveling solo even though they had his sea pass card ready....missed the lunch and no concierge in sight...not a good start for the first time on Celebrity! The worst embarkation ever in any category...does the priority embarkation with concierge only apply to some ports?

I hope your cruise improves, and you have a wonderful crossing. I do not have the answer to your question about priority embarkation applying to some ports only. Perhaps someone else will.

We will be on the Eclipse in January, Aqua class. If you have unlimited internet, would love to hear your thoughts on the live music on board as well as anything else you would like to share. Thank you.

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

I feel your pain. Our first Celebrity cruise in January was on the Infinity out of Buenos Aires. The most chaotic check in I have ever seen. We were in a Concierge cabin and priority boarding was a complete bust. Took ages to get through the process. We did, however, love our cruise. So much so we took the Reflection out of Civitavecchia in September. Boarding was an absolute breeze. So organised. We were in a 1A Verandah, so no priority boarding. Took us about 10 minutes and we were on the ship! Could not believe the difference.

Having now sailed once in each class, M and S, I have to say I totally love the S class ship. So beautiful and it never once felt crowded. The Infinity was lovely too, but showing it's age in places. That would not stop me from cruising on her again though. For us, itinerary is the most important factor, although if I had a choice between the S and the M class with a similar itinerary I would definitely choose S.:)

I hope your cruise improves, and you have a wonderful crossing. I do not have the answer to your question about priority embarkation applying to some ports only. Perhaps someone else will.

We will be on the Eclipse in January, Aqua class. If you have unlimited internet, would love to hear your thoughts on the live music on board as well as anything else you would like to share. Thank you.

Marie

Do you mean the January 20 sailing? We are on that sailing, cabin 1030, CC

Dan

Edited by PoppyandNana

We are in the same position. We have taken five cruises on M class ships since March 2015. Our first S class is in January. I have a feeling we will not want to go back to the M class. We do have Panama Canal booked with friends on the Infinity in October 2017 and will keep that reservation. I do love the size of the M classes, but, imo, they are starting to show their age, especially in the cabins.

Marie

Hi,

We're booked on that as well!!

Dan

Do you mean the January 20 sailing? We are on that sailing, cabin 1030, CC

Dan

No, on the Jan 2 sailing.

Hi,

We're booked on that as well!!

Dan

Dan, are you on the October 24th sailing? If so, please join our Roll Call.

Marie