prices have really jumped for the Harmony in 2017

While on the Anthem in mid January we went to the Next Cruise to book the Harmony for summer 2017. A very helpful attendant could only go as far as April 15th, and when the 2017-2018 season opens we could change our booking to the July 15th 7 nighter that we wanted. We had a D8 on deck 6. The price for two people for the April 15th booking was $3,006.64. Yesterday I looked at the July 15, 2017 cruise for a Cat. D8 and the price was $1,050.00 more! The D8 was over $4000.00 for two !

We realize that it's summer and the high season but to jump the price that much different in the 3 months time from April to July is absurd.

As a result we'll book something else, but beware of the how they can get you to pay those high prices if you really want to try a new ship doing the Caribbean.

While on the Anthem in mid January we went to the Next Cruise to book the Harmony for summer 2017. A very helpful attendant could only go as far as April 15th, and when the 2017-2018 season opens we could change our booking to the July 15th 7 nighter that we wanted. We had a D8 on deck 6. The price for two people for the April 15th booking was $3,006.64. Yesterday I looked at the July 15, 2017 cruise for a Cat. D8 and the price was $1,050.00 more! The D8 was over $4000.00 for two !

We realize that it's summer and the high season but to jump the price that much different in the 3 months time from April to July is absurd.

As a result we'll book something else, but beware of the how they can get you to pay those high prices if you really want to try a new ship doing the Caribbean.

I'm in the same boat....:rolleyes:

I also have a D 8 on Deck 6 booked for March 18 2017. I wanted to change to the first cruise in June. Haha. No way. I paid $2433 inc tax and port fees. New cost is $4,000.

I too was considering a change. I booked our Harmony in June 2015 for a March 2017 cruise. Since I'm taking the whole family I booked four aft Boardwalk Balcony cabins and ours with our D+ discount and other discounts offered since then my total for our double occupancy cabin's are $1790.00 and our triple's are $2599.00...Needless to say I'm not changing a thing and excited for not only the price but location of our cabins.

I need some advice please so I booked Harmony for May 27,2017 for a family of 3. I am not happy with the sticker price of $6720 not including gratuities... I know ridiculous.. I am really thinking about dropping down to a balcony 5100 with gratuities or should I hold tight and see if prices will drop.

I need some advice please so I booked Harmony for May 27,2017 for a family of 3. I am not happy with the sticker price of $6720 not including gratuities... I know ridiculous.. I am really thinking about dropping down to a balcony 5100 with gratuities or should I hold tight and see if prices will drop.

Hard to advise you but that is steep for a JS (which I usually sail in) for the three of you. You could hang in there but JMHO doubtful there's going to be price drops. There seems to be some good locations for balcony cabins mid-ship right now but only you can decide if it's worth it to you to use that money elsewhere. Best of luck.

Prices are definately on the way up.

I booked a promenade stateroom for 3 in Feb 2017 for $2500 3 weeks ago. Just checked and same room is $400 more. Neighbourhood balcony is $1000 more...yikes

MY C2 room has gone up $1,300.

We booked our Christmas 2016 sailing in July 2015. We booked 2 cabins, just under $3000 (Canadian) each for inside category Q. That category is over $6000 (Canadian) each now. Doubled in 8 months.

The price just keeps going up! which means people are paying it.

I am trying to fully understand your irritation. For one, most vacationers (whether cruisers or people who fly to destinations) know that prices change due to the season. Were you expecting the cruise line to give you the same price for the July cruise date that you really wanted, when you had booked an April cruise? Are you saying you got the feeling from the person who you spoke with on board about the pricing that the pricing might be similar, when in fact they have no idea what the pricing would be, if they at that moment could not book the July date for you.

This situation seems to me to have absolutely nothing to do with the concept of trying a new ship doing the Caribbean, from my point of view.

I am trying to fully understand your irritation. For one, most vacationers (whether cruisers or people who fly to destinations) know that prices change due to the season. Were you expecting the cruise line to give you the same price for the July cruise date that you really wanted, when you had booked an April cruise? Are you saying you got the feeling from the person who you spoke with on board about the pricing that the pricing might be similar, when in fact they have no idea what the pricing would be, if they at that moment could not book the July date for you.

This situation seems to me to have absolutely nothing to do with the concept of trying a new ship doing the Caribbean, from my point of view.

The person at Next Cruise on board the Anthem told us that there shouldn't be a huge increase in price BUT to expect a one nevertheless, as a D + member I knew that there would be and was prepared. But never to imagine that it would jump $1,050.00 for the span between mid April to mid July, that took away the interest an excitement to want to be on a new ship (Harmony) big time. Oh, if you'd like a name, it was Inga Supranaviciene the Cruise Sales Manager for the Anthem that wrote up our Next Cruise Certificate.

The person at Next Cruise on board the Anthem told us that there shouldn't be a huge increase in price BUT to expect a one nevertheless, as a D + member I knew that there would be and was prepared. But never to imagine that it would jump $1,050.00 for the span between mid April to mid July, that took away the interest an excitement to want to be on a new ship (Harmony) big time. Oh, if you'd like a name, it was Inga Supranaviciene the Cruise Sales Manager for the Anthem that wrote up our Next Cruise Certificate.

I have no interest in the persons name at all. How someone could say 'there shouldn't be a huge increase' to me is ridiculous, because they have absolutely no way of knowing what the future would bring. The time span between April and July has little to do with it. It is the difference between a sailing during the school year (unless it was Spring Break in April, which is rare) and comparing that to the summer vacation season for many, when cruises always become more expensive, simply because the companies can charge more.

I was on a sailing just a few weeks ago, and wanted very much to book a cruise for this very summer, but the sail dates for the ship I wanted were not out and available for booking. So when the Loyalty Ambassador said, just book your second choice of sailing and transfer it, when the other ship opens up for booking.....my words were, "Thank you, but no thank you -- that isn't the way I book my travel with the intention changing a booking". She pressed little more, clearly she wanted a booking, but DH and I were not buying her point of view.

I have no interest in the persons name at all. How someone could say 'there shouldn't be a huge increase' to me is ridiculous, because they have absolutely no way of knowing what the future would bring. The time span between April and July has little to do with it. It is the difference between a sailing during the school year (unless it was Spring Break in April, which is rare) and comparing that to the summer vacation season for many, when cruises always become more expensive, simply because the companies can charge more.

I was on a sailing just a few weeks ago, and wanted very much to book a cruise for this very summer, but the sail dates for the ship I wanted were not out and available for booking. So when the Loyalty Ambassador said, just book your second choice of sailing and transfer it, when the other ship opens up for booking.....my words were, "Thank you, but no thank you -- that isn't the way I book my travel with the intention changing a booking". She pressed little more, clearly she wanted a booking, but DH and I were not buying her point of view.

Indeed, there was a lesson learned from what was told, what could and what did happen. Honestly obtaining a Next Cruise certificate is not what it used to be, more perks then, but often shell shock with what the price comes out to be. Next time...we'll be more inclined to say "no thanks", should that opportunity arise once again. Bottom line.."it's all about the money"

Not just the summer has increased drastically.

On June 1, 2015, I booked a superior ocean large balcony (on the "hump") for $1,852 for two with all taxes for January 2017 - admittedly a bargain.

Just did a mock booking for two for the same category cabin and cruise. $2,984 with taxes.

Glad I booked early.

Ten miles north of Boston. . . Wakefield?

Not just the summer has increased drastically.

On June 1, 2015, I booked a superior ocean large balcony (on the "hump") for $1,852 for two with all taxes for January 2017 - admittedly a bargain.

Just did a mock booking for two for the same category cabin and cruise. $2,984 with taxes.

Glad I booked early.

Ten miles north of Boston. . . Wakefield?

Close,........but not Wakefield, try between Salem and Lynn. And you ?

Indeed, there was a lesson learned from what was told, what could and what did happen. Honestly obtaining a Next Cruise certificate is not what it used to be, more perks then, but often shell shock with what the price comes out to be. Next time...we'll be more inclined to say "no thanks", should that opportunity arise once again. Bottom line.."it's all about the money"

We had gotten Next Cruise Certificates in the past, simply for the lower down payment on a future cruise knowing we would be taking more cruises even if we did not have a particular cruise in mind at that moment. The benefits of a Next Cruise Certificate have changed, but it never guaranteed the price of a future cruise. We either book the cruise we want fully knowing what the price will be or don't.

Prices of cruises change all the time, the Next Cruise Certificate doesn't change that....and it has nothing to do with "it's all about the money".

We generally cruise two particular weeks a year, the same each year, because of vacation time from work. The prices for the cruises we take each year has hardly gone up in the past 2-3 years, but if they did we still could not complain, because we 'expected it to be what it had previously been'.

For the fun of it, I checked out Harmony Christmas cruise (Dec 31 - Jan 7, which is over our school break) for a family of 4 and wow....$8232 CAD for a family of 4. Crazy. We looked at Disney for our current cruise and thought the prices were ridiculous (so went with Allure instead which I think is a better choice for our family) but now this Royal price is on par with Disney. Yikes.

For the fun of it, I checked out Harmony Christmas cruise (Dec 31 - Jan 7, which is over our school break) for a family of 4 and wow....$8232 CAD for a family of 4. Crazy. We looked at Disney for our current cruise and thought the prices were ridiculous (so went with Allure instead which I think is a better choice for our family) but now this Royal price is on par with Disney. Yikes.

Missing from Allure that you would have on Harmony are waterslides. You will still have a great cruise. I am not surprised that Royal is trying to price their sailings on par with Disney for the 'hot weeks traveling with kids' -- why not, if they can get cruisers to pay it. I don't have to pay it, since I can cruise at other times.

Edited by Paulette3028

Missing from Allure that you would have on Harmony are waterslides. You will still have a great cruise. I am not surprised that Royal is trying to price their sailings on par with Disney for the 'hot weeks traveling with kids' -- why not, if they can get cruisers to pay it. I don't have to pay it, since I can cruise at other times.

Yes true. Good point. By adding waterslides, Disney no longer has the upper hand (and Harmony has other things for kids to enjoy too like H20 zone, bigger pools, zipline and flowrider for older kids).

Too bad though as Royal's pricing was always better.

Yes true. Good point. By adding waterslides, Disney no longer has the upper hand (and Harmony has other things for kids to enjoy too like H20 zone, bigger pools, zipline and flowrider for older kids).

Too bad though as Royal's pricing was always better.

It is clear that waterslides will be coming to more ships in the fleet as they go into drydock. When we sailed on Allure we had a great time, even though we felt the ship was just too big and we much enjoy the slightly smaller (although still very big) Freedom and Voyager Classes and think those are ideal sizes.

We booked Harmony, for the waterslides. I am a child at heart and water fun is what I am all about. As other ships get slides, the Oasis class won't be the excitement for us.

Has anyone checked out the pricing for the new Studio Ocean View staterooms for the new itineraries? I'm pretty sure they're wrong.

For example the April 29, 2017 cruise:

Regular OV with single supplement is $2881.00 CAD

Studio OV is $5209.00 CAD

Who is going to pay that for a smaller cabin, especially when for another $200 or so they could get a junior suite. :eek:

I'm booked on 22 April and have a Studio OV and was thinking about doing the 29 April cruise as well. My price for the Studio OV for the 22nd April cruise is $1555.00 CAD. I understand with the exchange rate changing and supply and demand for the limited number of these cabins that the 29 April price would likely be higher (maybe around $2000-$2200), but over $5000 is ridiculous.

It almost looks like they put a single supplement on the single supplement (for regular OV cabin) on a cabin category that isn't supposed to have a single supplement.