Live from Freedom of the Seas March 6, 2016

Beautiful weather for the final two days. We spent them by the pool. It was difficult to find a seat due to all the saving of chairs. They sat empty for long periods of time.

All in all this cruise was good. The first few days the bartenders did not seem very friendly or motivated. It was a challenge to get a drink. It did improve around day 3. I'm not sure what was happening, but it noticeable.

We just got off and all did the Premium Package. It is definitely worth it on the at sea days. One major benefit was hording and storing bottled waters every time we went to the bar for night time and port days. One thing that made no sense is why I had to sign a receipt (printed out in duplicate) for every drink- even though there was no charge. I understand it gives an opportunity to add more tip and allows them to track inventory, but it seems that this could be done faster and with far less waste of paper with some sort of hand held electronic device

Also, our drink man at dinner kept track of our orders with post-it notes. Seriously, this cannot be the best way. No matter how long dinner lasted-usually 2 plus hours- he would only come by our table twice to take drink orders. Seemed like a contrived slow down of sorts

Edited by Mr. Tu

Hello we are going on this cruise in a week and have a question about the windjammer. In the past they have had "Afternoon Tea" with a taco bar and nachos do you know if they still have that?

Still there, great for those that have second seating for dinner

Onboard as well. Hope you don't mind that I add a few random thoughts.

Mattresses in the JS are fine. Nice pillow tops

1eea95e6a75e9707b7f78dda6c1d2e88.jpg

Internet is adequate for simple posting. They installed some of the high speed equipment, it should be up and running soon

59009747298a219454f3f369869a2c55.jpg

Kummlewreck sandwiches served in WJ bar on Saturday. Nice and rare.

Drink specials offered yesterday. Both the 10 drink punch card for $65, and the two sea day pkg for $115. Both of these included tips.

Kelly Goodrich still in Schooner bar every night. Tribute shows at 10 PM and are packed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Are these new mattresses in the JSs? \

Were the seminar and coupons and freebies worth your time and effort? Just curious because we'll be on the Freedom in 3 weeks and 1 day (yeah baby!) for our first cruise and were wondering about the best things to do and those to skip.

I'm curious too!! We will be on the same ship/trip and I thought about doing this as well :-)

Hello we are going on this cruise in a week and have a question about the windjammer. In the past they have had "Afternoon Tea" with a taco bar and nachos do you know if they still have that?

Yes, and every day they were doing a different cooking demo at the entrance to WJ (in front of the bar). One day it was pasta, another it was burritos and tacos, on another day it was Risotto. On the last day, all of the chefs took over the promenade and had samplings of their favorite creations from one end of the mall to the other:). They were also doing tastings every day at Sabor trying to get people to dine there. Too bad they didn't go with their original plans and put an Izumi in that location.

Edited by orville99

Hi

My dad and I are currently booked on Carnival Valor (9/17) but I am thinking of 'selling" him on jumping ship to Freedom (9/18). Please give me some ammo!

How are the lines? Is the Windjammer really as congested as I read in reviews? Is the Solarium relaxing and quiet? Is it easy to find an aft view? Is there still a cigar bar on board? Oh yes, how hard would it be for him to navigate this ship at 82 years old.

Thanks

Edited by Hobbsey

Hi

My dad and I are currently booked on Carnival Valor (9/17) but I am thinking of 'selling" him on jumping ship to Freedom (9/18). Please give me some ammo!

How are the lines? Is the Windjammer really as congested as I read in reviews? Is the Solarium relaxing and quiet? Is it easy to find an aft view? Is there still a cigar bar on board? Oh yes, how hard would it be for him to navigate this ship at 82 years old.

Thanks

In order: No; Yes; No; Yes; Not a problem

Edited by orville99

In order: No; Yes; No; Yes; Not a problem

I think you're missing an answer. ;) Your answers are in red:

How are the lines? No

Is the Windjammer really as congested as I read in reviews? Yes

Is the Solarium relaxing and quiet? No

Is it easy to find an aft view? Yes

Is there still a cigar bar on board? Not a problem

Oh yes, how hard would it be for him to navigate this ship at 82 years old.