Unlimited Dining Package?

toneman01

I am on the Reflection in May. I keep reading posts about the unlimited dining package however I don't see this option offered when viewing the dining packages. Is this not an option any longer?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They don't show it as an option for booking in advance. You can only book it onboard and there is usually a limit on how many of these packages are offered. If you want to do it, it may be best to make that your first task when you board.

I am on the Reflection in May. I keep reading posts about the unlimited dining package however I don't see this option offered when viewing the dining packages. Is this not an option any longer?

It's only offered on board. Ask for it at one of the many tables hawking specialty dining reservations.

We were on the Reflection in January and enjoyed the Ultimate Dining Pkg for the second time. It is not available in advance, you must purchase it when you board the ship. We boarded early and booked the package right away to get reservations for the days and times we wanted. Cost is $29 per day. Enjoy!

One thing you might want to consider is to book a three or five night package beforehand. You can then change it to ultimate dining when you board. They will credit the amount.

Edited by bayonnejoe

Another question we are in a suite and have two specialty restaurant as part of the suite amenities (we booked prior to the change) is it worth getting the unlimited dining package? Or should we just use the two dining options and dine in luminae the other nights?

Another question we are in a suite and have two specialty restaurant as part of the suite amenities (we booked prior to the change) is it worth getting the unlimited dining package? Or should we just use the two dining options and dine in luminae the other nights?

I wouldn't do the UD package if I had a suite or if I was in Aqua Class. You would do much better if you just got a specialty dining package if you think you will not be enamored with Luminae. That will give you 5 - 7 dinners for a much lesser charge than getting the UD package.

We just did it on Equinox. It can be difficult to get specific times and restaurants iespecially if more than two people so it is worth booking some online in advance.

I thought you couldn't book UDP in advance?

Thank you all for the advice!! I have been on many cruises but did not know about cruise critic so happy to find such a wonderful forum with such great advice!!

I read what they posted to mean, book the 3 or 5 night package, get times, then once onboard upgrade to unlimited and then keep the original times from the lesser package.

When booking the 3 or 5 night packages in advance you only book your first reservation (in advance) for either the first or second night of the cruise, but the remaining nights must be booked onboard. I'm not sure why this was suggested.

When booking the 3 or 5 night packages in advance you only book your first reservation (in advance) for either the first or second night of the cruise, but the remaining nights must be booked onboard. I'm not sure why this was suggested.

I thought the concierge could book reservations for any (or all days) day for suite passengers in advance of the cruise?

we will be aboard the eclipse next month and want the unlimited dining, but i have two questions.?

1. what lunch opportunities are there?

Tuscan says open for lunch but i think its only every now and then, so my guess is it will be bistro on five most of the time, and no place for breakfast, am i right?

2. how does one handle tipping?

we have prepaid gratuities, so if we never eat in the main dining room does that carry over to the specialty restaurant staff?

and if the answer is no, how do i figure a tip?

We took the ultimate dining package a couple of years ago, we had two lunch options one day was Murano and another day the lawn club grill.

We were on Silhoutte so also had the option of the Porch for lunch which we did on embarkation day, we did not even try Bistro on 5 as aside from the sea days when we had our lunch at Muranos and Lawn club grill (they were the only times the specialty were open) , we were out at lunch time. We too had already pre-paid gratuities and my understanding is that they are included in the price of the ultimate dining package. So we did in effect pay the gratuities twice, I think!

We did also leave an additional tip on a couple of occasions because of the exceptional service we received in Tuscan grill.