My Booked Cruise Has Disappeared

VivianK

I still have not received the email from Celebrity. But I was told that we would get $200 for inconvenience if we were to rebook one of the options. The offer is fine for us but the choices of alternate cruises are not acceptable. They have delayed telling us what the situation is and now we are under a time constraint to make a decision. Why not offer us the OBC on any cruise that we would take in the next 12 months (from the cruise date).

Barry

Are you saying that they offered you $200 towards a cruise, of their choosing Barry? That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of....

Edited by clojacks

Same thing happened to us last year. Only offered $100 and we had to pay more for a similar cruise because prices had gone up. It was part of a b2b so we had to cancel that one as dates and ports no longer worked. At least they transferred our 123go to the new cruise. I was not happy with the short notice and timeframe. We have since tried to book the same itinerary only to have it repeatedly "disappear" due to charters.

Spoke to our TA who contacted Celebrity. CRUISE CHARTERED. Received $200.00 and re-booked another cruise. Always thought it would end this way!!

Too bad, it was a great itinerary.

Spoke to our TA who contacted Celebrity. CRUISE CHARTERED. Received $200.00 and re-booked another cruise. Always thought it would end this way!!

Did they give you specific cruises that you had to pick from? Did they do any price match of the cruise we all had previously booked? I spoke to our TA yesterday after emailing them, but they hadn't heard anything AND I didn't hear from them today. Someone else said that they were only giving until the end of May to rebook or the booking was cancelled (which I am assuming meant their offer was going away, since our cruise is already cancelled as far as we are concerned). Had you also booked this as a back to back Vivian? If so, did they give you any compensation for both cruises or just the one actually chartered?

Edited by clojacks

They had certain cruises that they were offering the compensation. It happened that the one we wanted was one of them as it had many of the same ports. The price was lower on the new cruise so I didn't worry about a price match guarantee. I booked the new one today and got a balcony 2 cabins away from the one I had on the cancelled cruise. I was not B2B. We like to spend some time on land as well as cruise. Last time we went to Lake Bled in Slovenia for 4 days before leaving on our cruise starting in Venice.

We've never had a cruise cancelled but booked one for April 2017. We've been on just one Celebrity cruise so far, 3 more booked in next 8 months. Now we just drive to Ft Lauderdale from Daytone beach. So we don't have airfares and so n o be concerned with but anyway..Our issue is when we booked we were happy with price and perks and right away printed off reservation and put in our cruise file. When we looked online a few weeks later it had no OBC online. So we called...our original rep is gone and they seem to turn over reps like McDonald's does with employees.

New rep says oh on my end it shows OBC. Why doesn't it show correctly online when I look?He says website isn't correct.. So what else isn't correct? Date, cruise room, other perks?

Not sure how to handle? Make him update and send me a new updated cruise reservation that's correct on his end? Not sure if anyone else has had these issues. Any ideas??

Just got our notification through our TA. They are offering a "protected fare" on only 2 sailings! Man, they are sure going above and beyond making sure their customers are satisfied. At the present they are only offering the "inconvenience" $200 OBC for the one Chartered cruise and not the second cruise we paired with it as a back to back. I'd be curious to know if anyone else on here has a back to back affected and if they are going to pursue a nominal similar compensation for losing the second cruise as well.

Edited by clojacks

We've never had a cruise cancelled but booked one for April 2017. We've been on just one Celebrity cruise so far, 3 more booked in next 8 months. Now we just drive to Ft Lauderdale from Daytone beach. So we don't have airfares and so n o be concerned with but anyway..Our issue is when we booked we were happy with price and perks and right away printed off reservation and put in our cruise file. When we looked online a few weeks later it had no OBC online. So we called...our original rep is gone and they seem to turn over reps like McDonald's does with employees.

New rep says oh on my end it shows OBC. Why doesn't it show correctly online when I look?He says website isn't correct.. So what else isn't correct? Date, cruise room, other perks?

Not sure how to handle? Make him update and send me a new updated cruise reservation that's correct on his end? Not sure if anyone else has had these issues. Any ideas??

Your OBC won't show on the website, just ensure you have it listed on your invoice. If you have a free beverage package, you can see that on the website - go into your Oder history on 'My Celebrity' and it will be there ;).

Vivian,

Sorry to hear it's been cancelled, but at least you were prepared and have now been able to sort an alternative :).

Just got our notification through our TA. They are offering a "protected fare" on only 2 sailings! Man, they are sure going above and beyond making sure their customers are satisfied. At the present they are only offering the "inconvenience" $200 OBC for the one Chartered cruise and not the second cruise we paired with it as a back to back. I'd be curious to know if anyone else on here has a back to back affected and if they are going to pursue a nominal similar compensation for losing the second cruise as well.

I doubt they'll reflexively offer this as an option but you (or your TA) can ask. In their system, you are losing one cruise -- the one that was chartered. They don't owe you anything for the cruise that is before or after the one you can no longer take because you can (theoretically) still take that cruise. To think they should offer you more compensation because it affects a different leg of your trip is pushing it, but you won't know until you ask.

Have you been able to find another cruise? I hope so.

Thanks Villauk,

On 2 of the 3 cruises the OBC shows on website but not on this cruise.thats what makes me concerned. I can call our rep and insist it gets updated. But wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.usually there is a section on your invoice where they put in your OBC and promotion codes. Also it shows on right hand side..just not sure....

Thanks Villauk,

On 2 of the 3 cruises the OBC shows on website but not on this cruise.thats what makes me concerned. I can call our rep and insist it gets updated. But wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.usually there is a section on your invoice where they put in your OBC and promotion codes. Also it shows on right hand side..just not sure....

As long as you have a hard copy showing your OBC, there shouldn't be a problem. We always take a paper copy with us on the actual cruise, that way if there are any issues you have your proof. Celebrity's website is not the best. The OBC doesn't usually show on the X website if you use a TA. The beverage package does, under 'Order History' (as I previously stated ;)).

Barry, Clojacks, Were you able to find another cruise? I hope so!

We have moved our cruises to 2018. As the fall is not available yet we have booked placeholders so we can retain our perks. Once the 2018 fall is available, we will rebook.

Barry

I feel very badly for those of you who have had their cruises canceled due to charters. I would feel as awful if it happened to me. It would be most helpful to those of us following the thread to let us know the name of the ship and itinerary affected in addition to the date. Thanks.

Vivian, we have NOT found anything to replace the 2 cruises we had.....yet. Crossing our fingers that something catches our eye tomorrow, as our TA is having a Memorial Day sale we would like to take advantage of. Losing both Amsterdam and Brugges, which were THE 2 ports that drove our decision to book those, was tough. There isn't currently anything with both of those in the same cruise, and we can't find much with even just one of them.

Barry, what is the process for booking them as placeholders? It sounds like something we should look at.

Vivian, we have NOT found anything to replace the 2 cruises we had.....yet. Crossing our fingers that something catches our eye tomorrow, as our TA is having a Memorial Day sale we would like to take advantage of. Losing both Amsterdam and Brugges, which were THE 2 ports that drove our decision to book those, was tough. There isn't currently anything with both of those in the same cruise, and we can't find much with even just one of them.

Barry, what is the process for booking them as placeholders? It sounds like something we should look at.

How tied are you go X? Koningsdam has a nice itinerary out of Amsterdam on September 17. No Brugge though but that could be cone precruise.

I just called my CVP at Celebrity and had her move my 2 cruises to anything for 2018. So I have 2 Caribbean cruises booked for spring 2018. Once the fall of 2018 itineraries are offered (probably late this year), then we will move these "placeholders" to the new dates.

Hope this helps.

Barry