London car service

Wouldn't recommend West Quay Cars. They are based in Southampton and not aware of events in London which could impact their ability to meet their timeline commitments, which we discovered the hard way a few years ago. I read the feedback above with great interest for future reference!

Edited by Browser495

Hi Terri,

We used batransfer.com for a late night transfer from Heathrow to a Central London hotel, then they took us to Dover a few days later. They also picked us up post cruise in Dover and took us back to Heathrow. They were prompt, courteous and a saloon car transfer was fairly priced.

This company was well recommended on the British isle boards. Their web site allows you to plug in your location and see a price.

Last summer we used Smith for Airports for Southampton transfers, they are based in Southampton and therefore beat most prices for Southampton trips.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Good to hear from you. We will check them out. We have an early morning arrival in Heathrow and spending five days in London prior to our cruise. We disembark in Civitavechhia. That transfer is all set with RomeCabs. Would not think of using any other company. They are the best!

Terri

Good to hear from you. We will check them out. We have an early morning arrival in Heathrow and spending five days in London prior to our cruise. We disembark in Civitavechhia. That transfer is all set with RomeCabs. Would not think of using any other company. They are the best!

Terri

Terri,

Your trip sounds very nice.

We also love Rome Cabs and have used them many times. Years ago we had Stefano, the owner, as our guide and we totally bonded with him.

Enjoy!

Hi Terri- I believe were on the same cruise London to Rome Aug 9-28/2016 and I see that you mentioned that you had booked your transfer from Rome already. If you are interested we would like to share the transfer with you - if you are going to the airport. I did mention on our roll call a few weeks ago that I was interested in sharing the transfer in Rome - no one responded.

Thanks

Lauren

Hi Terri- I believe were on the same cruise London to Rome Aug 9-28/2016 and I see that you mentioned that you had booked your transfer from Rome already. If you are interested we would like to share the transfer with you - if you are going to the airport. I did mention on our roll call a few weeks ago that I was interested in sharing the transfer in Rome - no one responded.

Thanks

Lauren

We are staying in Rome after the cruise. That is why I did not respond to your request.

However, I do recommend Rome Cabs for the transfer. I have used them in the past. They are reasonable and reliable.

Terri

... as it is the difference between sitting in a cab for up to two hours and being in the center of town in 15 to 20 minutes.
For anyone else who's reading this thread, the Heathrow Express does not take you to the centre of town in 15-20 minutes. It only takes you to Paddington. For most travellers, that's only half the story.

This is why I've pretty much stopped using the HEX. From my office near St Paul's to Heathrow, it would only save me about 10 minutes, but it would cost me 6 times as much as taking the Tube. I accept that taking the Tube comes with baggage limitations, but personally I draw the line at 2 bags of 32 kg each plus my backpack carry-on.