Parking for Allure of the Seas

We will be leaving soon on Allure of the Seas from Port Everglades. Where is the best place to park a car? The map does not show any covered parking near the terminal. Is it best to park on the "surface lot" next to the terminal? Thank you!

The closest covered parking in the port would be the Midport Garage, between terminals 19 and 20. You would likely need a shuttle to get back to terminal 18 where Allure docks.

For offsite parking recommendations, I'd check the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We just parked at the outdoor lot right next to the ship. No problems with our car when we got back. In fact we got a porter for our luggage and he took everything to the car and loaded it for us. If you park at the indoor garage it's a long walk back or just waive down a shuttle. Either way, it's $15.00 a day.

We just parked at the outdoor lot right next to the ship. No problems with our car when we got back. In fact we got a porter for our luggage and he took everything to the car and loaded it for us. If you park at the indoor garage it's a long walk back or just waive down a shuttle. Either way, it's $15.00 a day.

That's what we are going to do in May. We have also used Park n Go they are very good as well

This is what we did this past Feb. when we got off Oasis! It was super fast and we were heading north on I-95 before 7:00 a.m.

We used the indoor garage at the port the time before and it really was a long walk to get our car. Would much rather park in the lot beside the port and like you say, the price is the same!

Edited by hancogran

What does everyone consider a long walk from the covered parking to the terminal? How long does it take? I just assumed the parking right next to the port was covered. We've never cruised out of Port Everglades before. Only Port Canaveral and Tampa in FL and both were covered and right there.

We are sailing Oasis end of May and don't want the car sitting in the hot sun or exposed to the elements all week. Pre-cruise we are at the Hilton Marina. Maybe we should leave the car there and take a taxi to the port since it's just across the road. I know there parking is covered.

Visit book park n go dot com. It's about $12/day with a shuttle to the port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Park n go recenty. GREAT SERVICE. very professional staff. I highly recommend.

That's what we are going to do in May. We have also used Park n Go they are very good as well

Another vote for Park N Go. Had not done off-site parking before and was a bit apprehensive, but their operation was very efficient (from entering the lot to on our way to the ship in minutes) and the price was right. We booked online and paid under $70 for the week (including taxes & fees). Getting back to retrieve our car was easy too.

• 1 month later...
What does everyone consider a long walk from the covered parking to the terminal? How long does it take? I just assumed the parking right next to the port was covered. We've never cruised out of Port Everglades before. Only Port Canaveral and Tampa in FL and both were covered and right there.

We are sailing Oasis end of May and don't want the car sitting in the hot sun or exposed to the elements all week. Pre-cruise we are at the Hilton Marina. Maybe we should leave the car there and take a taxi to the port since it's just across the road. I know there parking is covered.

We just parked at the midport garage last week. It is right next to the Carnival terminal and we found it to be very confusing where to go. We walked to the front of the garage but it was fenced in and the gate was locked. So we had to drag our luggage to the back of the garage where a small gate near the elevator was open. We walked out into the lines of cars and buses and it did not seem safe at all. A porter saw us and took our luggage and sent us to the terminal to get in. When we left at the end of the cruise the first gate we had gone to was unlocked and I saw a sign where I should have dropped off my luggage.

The Allure terminal is next door. I am not good at mileage but I would say at least 1/2 mile. But I did not see any sidewalk and to get there you have to walk through all the people coming and leaving the Carnival terminal and then go around a fence to get over there. And walk over some grassy areas. It would be very bad if you were dealing with luggage. You would definitely want to drop that off first.

I read here about a shuttle and saw a sign about shuttle but never saw the shuttle, nor did I see where it would drop you off at the garage. I have used Miami, Pt Canaveral and Tampa and have never seen such a mess as Pt Everglades. I did not feel like signage was adequate nor were sidewalks and crosswalks. I hope someone else can tell me here what we did wrong!

We are going on the Allure in June and as much as I don't want to leave my garage kept van in the sun I think I will have to use that uncovered lot.

Edited by FloridaGram