What would you do?

Hi guys! Just got back from our cruise on Jewel yesterday and looking through cruises for next year. I think we have it down to three,

Navigator of the seas out of Miami - 9 days- Haiti, Aruba, curacao, and bonaire. We have been to all ports except bonaire.

Rhapsody - 7 night - out of Tampa - cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Costa maya. Only one we've been to is cozumel. Being most recent on Jewel I missed the bigger ship feel so this may be too small of a ship for me

Liberty - 7 night - out of Galveston - basically the same itinerary as rhapsody. I've seen Galveston and said I never wanted to cruise out of that port so that concerns me never cruising out of their before

What would you do taking into account the islands I've been to and liberty out of Galveston?

Navigator. Longer cruise. Nicest ship. Nicest itinerary

This is what I'm kind of thinking too. I just hate that we've been to three of the four ports, but Aruba and curacao are two of my favorites too at least

We've been on all three ships and like all three. Having said that, 9 days on Navigator trump only 7 on the other ships!!! I wouldn't cruise out of Galveston because, like Port Canaveral, it requires a lengthy drive to the port from the airport. I like ports that are easy to get to on the day we fly in. ;)

Easy...... Navigator hands down. Even though I'm biased because that is the itinerary we are doing in April '17 :D , but also because it's 9 nights and it's the ABC's. No comparison.

As far as your concerns regarding Liberty out of Galveston, not quite sure why that would even matter. We are sailing on the Liberty out of Galveston this December. I've heard some not so great things, but that doesn't affect the cruise. I don't think you should care too much about the embarkation and debarkation process or the facilities. If you like the ship and the itinerary and are okay with cost, then you should choose a cruise for those reasons (IMHO).

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Hi guys! Just got back from our cruise on Jewel yesterday and looking through cruises for next year. I think we have it down to three,

Navigator of the seas out of Miami - 9 days- Haiti, Aruba, curacao, and bonaire. We have been to all ports except bonaire.

Rhapsody - 7 night - out of Tampa - cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Costa maya. Only one we've been to is cozumel. Being most recent on Jewel I missed the bigger ship feel so this may be too small of a ship for me

Liberty - 7 night - out of Galveston - basically the same itinerary as rhapsody. I've seen Galveston and said I never wanted to cruise out of that port so that concerns me never cruising out of their before

What would you do taking into account the islands I've been to and liberty out of Galveston?

You don't mention the price comparison on each, so that leads me to believe that the prices are all 'relative' taking into consideration the length of time of the cruise. To me, if I can get 9 days for a good price -- longer is always better.

To me it never matters whether we have been to a portstop before. There is always an excursion that we have not done, so there will be something to do or just enjoy the ship while most others are off and in port. Works well both ways.

Navigator: Bonaire, longer cruise, and not Galveston.

Navigator: Bonaire, longer cruise, and not Galveston.

Lol the "not Galveston" piece made me laugh. That's what I'm thinking too. Prices are all similar. Out of Galveston we could possibly swing a suite but on Navigator just a balcony. Haven't looked if any aft balconies are left. Not sure how those are on Navigator.

Easy...... Navigator hands down. Even though I'm biased because that is the itinerary we are doing in April '17 :D , but also because it's 9 nights and it's the ABC's. No comparison.

As far as your concerns regarding Liberty out of Galveston, not quite sure why that would even matter. We are sailing on the Liberty out of Galveston this December. I've heard some not so great things, but that doesn't affect the cruise. I don't think you should care too much about the embarkation and debarkation process or the facilities. If you like the ship and the itinerary and are okay with cost, then you should choose a cruise for those reasons (IMHO).

I would do Navigator too but the issue for Galveston is cost to get to port so that factors into total cost of cruising and of course more time taken in travel to get to the good stuff!

Lol the "not Galveston" piece made me laugh. That's what I'm thinking too. Prices are all similar. Out of Galveston we could possibly swing a suite but on Navigator just a balcony. Haven't looked if any aft balconies are left. Not sure how those are on Navigator.

Aft balconies on Navigator and Liberty would be the same. Some ship superstructure would be in the view, and you are not looking right down to the water. Large balconies though. Rhapsody would have a much less obstructed aft balcony view.

I agree with the longer cruise and itinerary but not sure about Navigator being the nicest ship. i have been on Navigator and LOS and really liked them both.

I had forgotten that Liberty was recently refurbished. I was on her in October, and she was very tired looking, and that's what I based my comment on.

I booked the Rhapsody for next April because of the itinerary. Is this a nice ship? I know it is small but other than that how is it.

We thought she was in fine shape on our Alaska cruise a while back. Our experience is that Royal tends to keep their ships up.

We are also doing the Navigator next March 31st out of Miami. Everything about pre stay, leaving out of Miami, the port and of course the ship made our decision easy even though we've been in the Navigator several times and also this itinerary. I don't think my stress level could handle Galveston.

I will bet a week's pay that the Galveston haters flew in, got on a shuttle, turned left over the bridge and saw nothing but the ship/boat repair area.

They also did not get to go thru the revised pier area.

Interestingly, Ships out of Galveston get the highest ratings for friendly crew and friendly, well mannered passengers.