Azamara - Tapas?????

Turangi!

AZ Affecionados,

Can someone who had cruised recently tell us a little about the Tapas being served in the refit Living Room? What was on offer? Is there enough to graze on and miss formal dinner? Is it similar to the afternoon hors d'oeuvres we had delivered to our stateroom last time? Anyone know what time it goes up??

I'm trying to plan a Canal Cruise when we arrive in Amsterdam in the early evening next July, so I need to figure what our options will be. Windows doesn't open until 6:30 and a meal in the MDR might take too long to get out and enjoy the daylight, so I'm hoping that this new service might be exactly what we are looking for and I can reassure that if anyone joins our group, they won't go hungry!

(The charter boat will also be serving hot and cold appetizers... so we are not likely to starve...:rolleyes:)

Many thanks!

Turangi!

AZ Affecionados,

Many thanks for the info, especially the link to the picture! Okay, Tapas looks like it's mostly small appetizers so it won't be enough to graze on ... but looks delicious! I want to try the Gazapacho!!!

Okay, so what's the schedule for the new Patio? Does it close down to make the changeover? I'm still trying to figure out our options for an early dinner so we can get out and explore Amsterdam.

Turangi!

Okay, so what's the schedule for the new Patio? Does it close down to make the changeover?

I was wondering the same thing. FamilyGoBoston posted all the Pursuits from her recent Panama Canal cruise on her blog, but I couldn't get them to enlarge when I clicked on them as she said we should be able to do. That was last night - and today I was too busy at work and forgot to check on a different computer :o I figure the newsletter has hours for all locations for each meal so we might be able to make a guess...

AZ Affecionados,

Many thanks for the info, especially the link to the picture! Okay, Tapas looks like it's mostly small appetizers so it won't be enough to graze on ... but looks delicious! I want to try the Gazapacho!!!

Okay, so what's the schedule for the new Patio? Does it close down to make the changeover? I'm still trying to figure out our options for an early dinner so we can get out and explore Amsterdam.

Turangi!

The gazpacho was great! It was a hearty appetizer, but even as a pretty light eater it would be tough to make a meal of it unless you planned to hit the buffet later in the night. Everything was just a "bite" but there were several offerings. There are pretty hearty offerings at the Patio until 4:30 or 5- we made a huge nacho plate several afternoons. You could make a pretty big taco salad too, it's like a salad bar. This might be a good option, depending how late it's open, and when you get back. Wish I had taken a photo of the Patio food!

I was wondering the same thing. FamilyGoBoston posted all the Pursuits from her recent Panama Canal cruise on her blog, but I couldn't get them to enlarge when I clicked on them as she said we should be able to do. That was last night - and today I was too busy at work and forgot to check on a different computer :o I figure the newsletter has hours for all locations for each meal so we might be able to make a guess...

Hoya heel, they don't expand on the mobile sites- iPads, phones, for sure. I had no problem getting them to expand on Chrome on my desk top. I think it's a Squarespace issue, which is the web hosting platform we use. I thought about posting them at the end of the review, it's just with the 6 photo limit its a pain but I can do it if y'All would find it helpful. I know I love seeing them, helps me to know what kinds of things are happening even if it's not the same itinerary!

Hoya heel, they don't expand on the mobile sites- iPads, phones, for sure. I had no problem getting them to expand on Chrome on my desk top.

Using my (regular, full-size) laptop it didn't work (I use Chrome) Haven't tried on my desktop but not sure why it would be different as they have the same operating system (Windows7 because I'll update to Win10 only when forced to:cool:). I saved one as a photo to try to enlarge in my photo editor but it was too fuzzy to read. It's not hugely important - just wanted to check the Patio hours but you've posted a response to that. Thanks!