Anthem Super Studio Ocean View - How many points?

Here is a tricky scenario. You are solo cruiser and you book an interior guarantee what includes SI, Q, and N as your possible room category.

Now SI gives single points while Q and N gives double points. In the event you got unlucky that SI was the cabin given to you, will you get double points?

Believe me I've ask this question before from C&A reps, some said they will accomodate double points since you booked a guarantee that has a chance of getting assigned in a non solo cabin... while some reps won't.

all because we don't have a written terms and condition specific for this scenario unlike when you are upgraded to a suite from balcony, it is clearly stated that you don't get an extra point.

Edited by roquejo

Here is a tricky scenario. You are solo cruiser and you book an interior guarantee what includes SI, Q, and N as your possible room category.

Now SI gives single points while Q and N gives double points. In the event you got unlucky that SI was the cabin given to you, will you get double points?

Believe me I've ask this question before from C&A reps, some said they will accomodate double points since you booked a guarantee that has a chance of getting assigned in a non solo cabin... while some reps won't.

all because we don't have a written terms and condition specific for this scenario unlike when you are upgraded to a suite from balcony, it is clearly stated that you don't get an extra point.

I think it would depend on if you paid a single supplement or not.

If you pay any single supplement, you are supposed to get double points. If you paid a Studio Single price with no supplement, then you get single points.

But they also BOOKED it that way.... it CAN be booked for two.

I think people cheat. Those staterooms should only be for one person - heck can us solo's not have anything of our own? I think folks book as one - get the studio cabin and then add another person to the reservation.

I've seen the same thing with NCL's "single studios"... the price for the smaller studio room is more than the price for a full-size inside or outside with the full single supplement fare -- all because of demand.

But I think over $5200 Canadian that Royal is asking is crazy. If someone has that kind of money to spend on a cruise wouldn't they just spend around $200 CAD more and get a junior suite?

Another reason not to book the studio OV's on the new Harmony itineraries that recently released. They're charging almost double the price of a regular OV. In fact balconies are cheaper.

I did message Royal on their Facebook page as I thought the price was in error as was told that it's correct due to the demand. :eek:

If they keep those prices solos should get triple points. :D

Yikes sorry duplicate post somehow

Edited by Ashland

Another reason not to book the studio OV's on the new Harmony itineraries that recently released. They're charging almost double the price of a regular OV. In fact balconies are cheaper.

I did message Royal on their Facebook page as I thought the price was in error as was told that it's correct due to the demand. :eek:

If they keep those prices solos should get triple points. :D

When I booked our HOTS back in June 2015 for our March 2017 cruise....I did price out one of those single cabins for our adult son....But the price difference between that and booking him in a Boardwalk Balcony was only a few $$'s more (now those prices are crazy for those singles) ..and just couldn't see he would want to be that far away from the rest of our extended family that will be cruising...So I booked him the Boardwalk with a TBD....glad I did because he has a new girlfriend now and sure they wouldn't want to be in that small single cabin.

When I booked our HOTS back in June 2015 for our March 2017 cruise....I did price out one of those single cabins for our adult son....But the price difference between that and booking him in a Boardwalk Balcony was only a few $$'s more (now those prices are crazy for those singles) ..and just couldn't see he would want to be that far away from the rest of our extended family that will be cruising...So I booked him the Boardwalk with a TBD....glad I did because he has a new girlfriend now and sure they wouldn't want to be in that small single cabin.

I know the pricing is crazy. I'm booked on the April 22nd cruise and was thinking of going on the April 29th, but not at that price especially since I'm paying $1555 CAD for the April 22nd cruise for the studio OV. The prices will have to come down at some point or they will end just empty or given to solos with guarantee inside/outside bookings.

You have to REALLY want to book that Studio cabin for two.

If you go on the website and put in "two" passengers, the studios won't even show up on a search.

They only appear if you put in "one". Then you would have to call and ask to book for two.

Sure, they will do it, and I am also sure that it's a piddling savings and that you would be insane not to just book a DO.

JMO

YMMV

I think it would depend on if you paid a single supplement or not.

If you pay any single supplement, you are supposed to get double points. If you paid a Studio Single price with no supplement, then you get single points.

It doesn't really follow. Many times a solo cabin has single supplement, even more expensive than double occupancy, due to the demand, but you get single points by rule because you booked an SI or SB.

And at times, they waive the single supplement of selected sailings of double occupancy cabins including suites for a limited promo period, but you get the full 2 or 3 points credit as your room is not SI or SB.

It doesn't really follow. Many times a solo cabin has single supplement, even more expensive than double occupancy, due to the demand, but you get single points by rule because you booked an SI or SB.

But the difference is, those situations apply to everyone equally.

If a couple gets a certain category of room, they may pay more than they would for a "higher" category due to supply/demand (on Oasis class, sometimes an inside goes for more than a balcony, simply because there are so few insides available on that ship class). They each get one point, because they each paid one fare, even if that fare was more or less than what the people in the identical cabin next door paid.

And at times, they waive the single supplement of selected sailings of double occupancy cabins including suites for a limited promo period, but you get the full 2 or 3 points credit as your room is not SI or SB.

My understanding is that if there is NO single supplement at all, you don't get the extra point. You should, however, still get the double point for being in a JS or above. If the single supplement is discounted but not completely eliminated (say, the fare paid is 125% of the per-person rate for double occupancy), then you do get double points because you paid more than the per-person rate for double occupancy, even though you didn't pay double the fare.

I am sailing on the Anthem on October 20th in a Super Studio with balcony, Would my granddaughter feel comfortable, she is 11! Want to invite her.

!

You would have to share a bed. My notes say:

Bed is 55 inches wide and 75 inches long and is square on the end.

Here are my full set of notes forthe '48' cabin

I did just measure the cabin. Approximate sizes are:

1). Cabin door direct to back wall - 13 feet

2). Cabin width - about 8 feet 4 inches (100 inches)

3). Balcony door area - 16 inches to outer lip and 67 inches wide

4). Balcony width - about 8 feet 4 inches

5). Balcony long side - 16 feet

6). Balcony shirt side - almost 11 feet

7). Bathroom - 53 inches deep by 62 inches wide with one corner angled for door.

8) Bed is 55 inches wide and 75 inches long and is square on the end.

The cabin is not completely a rectangle. Each cabin door is recessed about 28 inches from the edge of the hallway. The back of the bathroom is recessed into the 28 inch areaon one side of the door, so it doesn't overwhelm the visual of the room. Doors open out instead of in, which is really good.

On entry to the cabin the side of the bathroom is only 23 inches before the bathroom door angle starts going out to 41 inches.