Anthem Super Studio Ocean View - How many points?

I'm booked solo into a Super Studio Ocean View Cabin w/ Balcony on the Anthem of the Seas. The website shows that it can sleep two. Does this mean I get double C&A points? I cruised solo on the Anthem in a regular Oceanview cabin and got double points.

Edited by linkerbink

I'm booked solo into a Super Studio Ocean View Cabin w/ Balcony on the Anthem of the Seas. The website shows that it can sleep two. Does this mean I get double C&A points? I cruised solo on the Anthem in a regular Oceanview cabin and got double points.

Yes as long as you're sailing as a solo you'll receive double points.

I don't believe Studio staterooms get an extra point for solo cruisers.

Edited by clarea

I don't believe Studio staterooms get an extra point for solo cruisers.

So what your saying is SI or SB does not :confused:...Then it might be worth it to look into another category for the OP if the points are that important.

Single points only, if you want double points and cruising solo, book a DO category or Oceanview.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

So what your saying is SI or SB does not :confused:...Then it might be worth it to look into another category for the OP if the points are that important.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that if the category includes the word "Studio", then it's a single occupancy stateroom (no single supplement) and solo cruisers don't get the extra point per night.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that if the category includes the word "Studio", then it's a single occupancy stateroom (no single supplement) and solo cruisers don't get the extra point per night.

Very confusing (nothing new) since these solo cabins can hold 2 passengers...can they not :confused:

Points are NOT that important...just curious! Trying to make some sense of the confusing information. I booked this cabin because I got a great deal...much more important than points.:) Thanks for the info.

Edited by linkerbink

Points are NOT that important...just curious! Trying to make some sense of the confusing information. I booked this cabin because I got a great deal...much more important than points.:)

Great...then you're good to go...enjoy your cruise and the deal you got :)

I guess they assume they are smaller than us :D:D

A 'mansion' in Japan would be a 2BR apartment in Chicago. A SMALL 2 BR apartment. And routinely Have a family of 5 living there. They live in much smaller accommodation than we are used to

They are marketing them IN ASIA as "can hold two". I know of NO ONE booking these for two in the U.S.

Studio Balcony review -- two people booked in the room -- on Quantum per this review:

He sure sounds like an American to me...

Studio Balcony review -- two people booked in the room -- on Quantum per this review:

He sure sounds like an American to me...

Yup. And in his introduction he says, "This cabin is supposed to be for one, but me and my wife are staying in here." :rolleyes:

I stayed in 7648 on the Quantum as a solo on the Bahamas inaugural voyage and another 2 other 12 night sailings. The cabin is small, with limited storage if you don't pack light. The balcony is quite nice: large, half in the sun and half in the shade because of its shape. Two people would be very cramped.

Edited by MaritimeR&R

I booked one of those cabins but was upgraded to a regular balcony. Still single C&A points, right?

Roy

If you received a free or reduced price upgrade, then still single points.

If you upgraded by paying current website price, then double points.

Absolutely completely utterly ONE point per night in a "studio" cabin of any type.

Another reason not to book the studio OV's on the new Harmony itineraries that recently released. They're charging almost double the price of a regular OV. In fact balconies are cheaper.

I did message Royal on their Facebook page as I thought the price was in error as was told that it's correct due to the demand. :eek:

If they keep those prices solos should get triple points. :D

Another reason not to book the studio OV's on the new Harmony itineraries that recently released. They're charging almost double the price of a regular OV. In fact balconies are cheaper.

I did message Royal on their Facebook page as I thought the price was in error as was told that it's correct due to the demand. :eek:

If they keep those prices solos should get triple points. :D

I've seen the same thing with NCL's "single studios"... the price for the smaller studio room is more than the price for a full-size inside or outside with the full single supplement fare -- all because of demand.