Legend of the Seas off to Europe

Bookings open for Legends Brisbane to Venice repo April 2017, rumour has it she will return to Brisbane December 2017 .. time will tell !!!! ... i'm tipping Mariner to join us, lovely ship ... don't mind Fishermans Is boarding until GC cruise port is built all car storage have transfers :) Not fussed on this ship but ports and timing are great so will book Singapore to Venice via US agency during Easter Sale, even with AUD/USD conversion still ahead hopeful now of some USD OBC. This cruise fits well with our return to Aust from Dover onboard Sea Princess in July.... :)

Edited by badgerbill

We actually enjoyed Legend and think she is a great little ship. Only problem we had was bad dining room administration and poor food.

Sad to see her being repositioned to Europe during winter. One day RCI will wake up and realize that there is huge interest in cruising our northern parts during our winter. Legend is the right size for this also.

Legend does not appear to have been very popular with many Australians. I wonder would she have been better positioned out of Sydney with either Explorer or Voyager out of Brisbane.

Would be a mistake having Mariner in Brisbane as that would make 3 Voyager class ships hear. Just guessing but would Mariner need a refurbishment from her predominantly Asian market?

I can only find segments of this repo cruise online, but no listing of the entire cruise Brisbane to Venice. Any ideas where to look?

I did a quick search and could only find segments as well . Must be looking to fill the ship up in HK and Singapore perhaps?

You might have to book B2B2B2B to get to Venice..:D:D

i received this email from an online TA

Join Legend of the Seas in April next year for a 58 night cruise package from Brisbane to Venice that starts from $149.00 a day! Legend's itinerary is particularly good, visiting the East Coast of Australia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Middle East, Jordon and Greece. There’s over nights onboard in port in Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh and Dubai. Once in Venice we’ll transfer you to the Boscolo Venezia 5 star hotel for a 3 night stay. This hotel is in an amazing spot, I visited it last year myself. We are also including a Venice Walking Tour & Gondola Ride plus private water taxi transfers to the airport. What a way to finish! It really is a nice experience going to the airport by water in Venice. This 58 night package, including return airfares starts from only $8,679 for an inside or $12,259 for a balcony

Just guessing but would Mariner need a refurbishment from her predominantly Asian market?

Legend of the Seas is perfect for smaller ship cruising in Europe:)... as for being unpopular I believe it is more so the fact they insist on USD onboard ..... this is something that needs addressing especially as they spend the better part of 6 months a year here....... time they changed....

We did Mariners Asia repo from Barcelona, onboard renovations were happening as we cruised.... more gambling venues and high end shops were created ...bars were sacrificed as Asians prefer gambling to drinking....from what I have been told some of these area's have already been altered back..... perhaps readying her for a shift ;):D:D

Legend of the Seas is perfect for smaller ship cruising in Europe:)... as for being unpopular I believe it is more so the fact they insist on USD onboard ..... this is something that needs addressing especially as they spend the better part of 6 months a year here....... time they changed....

We did Mariners Asia repo from Barcelona, onboard renovations were happening as we cruised.... more gambling venues and high end shops were created ...bars were sacrificed as Asians prefer gambling to drinking....from what I have been told some of these area's have already been altered back..... perhaps readying her for a shift ;):D:D

All of the visiting American ships use USD not just Legend and we have several based here for 6 or 7 months so i dont think that is the sole reason for Legends unpopularity. Radiance, Voyager and Explorer are all doing reasonably well in the popularity stakes - at the moment.

However, i do agree that Royal/Celebrity do need to seriously look at using Aussie dollars whilst based here for the bulk of the year plus the repo's.

This repo smacks of the Rhapsody repo to Europe. Pity, already booked with family on Voyager in April.

All of the visiting American ships use USD not just Legend and we have several based here for 6 or 7 months so i dont think that is the sole reason for Legends unpopularity. Radiance, Voyager and Explorer are all doing reasonably well in the popularity stakes - at the moment.

However, i do agree that Royal/Celebrity do need to seriously look at using Aussie dollars whilst based here for the bulk of the year plus the repo's.

This repo smacks of the Rhapsody repo to Europe. Pity, already booked with family on Voyager in April.

Never said it was the sole reason but do believe it is a major factor...

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong but aren't the Diamond Princess and Golden Princess now AUD onboard whilst here for the summer season.... if so if Princess can do it....so can RCL......

Never said it was the sole reason but do believe it is a major factor...

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong but aren't the Diamond Princess and Golden Princess now AUD onboard whilst here for the summer season.... if so if Princess can do it....so can RCL......

all princess ships cruising here are AUD and gratuities included so one less thing to worry about

i agree that if princess can have AUD why not RCI unless they are too greedy

all princess ships cruising here are AUD and gratuities included so one less thing to worry about

i agree that if princess can have AUD why not RCI unless they are too greedy

Thanks for confirming Bob, thought it was the case ;):D:D thinking "greedy" is spot on:cool:

Edited by badgerbill

Thanks for confirming Bob, thought it was the case ;):D:D thinking "greedy" is spot on:cool:

Shiona even the Emerald Princess arrives here in november until march next year and it converts to AUD and gratuities included in the fare and once leaving our waters goes back to USD

with RCI they have a cheaper fare but the gratuities are not included and some aussies remove them but by doing that they are hurting the crew

I'm not sure it is a case of greedy, at least not totally.

Princess have ships operating out of Australia all year round, with AUD as onboard currency, so it's no big deal to change over the ships that join the Aussie fleet over our peak season.

RCI, Celebrity, and all the others than just blow in for the season, would have to completely change everything for Aussie pricing. They don't so it anywhere else in the world - they don't change to Euros for the Mediterranean, for example - so I guess they don't see any benefit in changing it for Australia.

Not Princess american ships visiting. They changed that. Must have listen to the same unhappy complaints that RCL is receiving re Legend.

Not Princess american ships visiting. They changed that. Must have listen to the same unhappy complaints that RCL is receiving re Legend.

I think most of the complaints coming from the public are because they dont realise how old Legend of the Seas is .

I think most of the complaints coming from the public are because they dont realise how old Legend of the Seas is .

I hope the Oviation of the Seas lives up to its hyped. Because RCL have sucked some pretty good dollars out of Australians booking onto that.

Edited by icat2000

I completely agree with you, Sarah.

DH and I cruised on the Legend last month and I thought it was probably the worst ship I've ever been on ...... creaks, rattles and swaying, and that was only from me!

Seriously, I won't miss it when it goes. Even the bars weren't good, lots of bogans on board (I don't qualify, I'm too old) and the food wasn't great - mostly cold :(.

Give me the Solstice any time, and the money to spend on it!:D:D:D

Regards,

ratacake

I was actually referring to the RCI ships. I know that Princess converts to AUD.

I think most of the complaints coming from the public are because they dont realise how old Legend of the Seas is.

Legend is not that old in terms of a ships life. Rhapsody was a similar ship with some refinements yet it was the most popular.

Princess Aust and P&O have older ships.

I think we have been spoilt with the likes of Solstice and Radiance and now everyone expects all ships to be of the same or better standard.

I have had a quote from a US agent and this cruise is much cheaper to buy with them than with RCCL on line in Australia. The US agent is throwing in a small credit and gratuities which booking on line in Australia you do not get. We are going on an RCCL cruise in a month and what's the bet when I ask for prices, I get the dearer $800 more per cruise and not able to book the US price. Has anyone come across this i.e. trying to book on the ship in US prices?

Rosie