best cruise line for teens - 18 & 17

tipsy

Taking our 2 oldest grandchildren on 1st cruise. Going to western Caribbean. Looking for cruise ships with many activities on board for teens. Want to make this a very special trip for them. :confused:

Am overwhelmed at this point after looking at so many catalogs and cruise line sites. :eek:

Taking our 2 oldest grandchildren on 1st cruise. Going to western Caribbean. Looking for cruise ships with many activities on board for teens. Want to make this a very special trip for them. :confused:

Am overwhelmed at this point after looking at so many catalogs and cruise line sites. :eek:

I'd look closely at Royal Caribbean's Oasis class ships. Hard to beat the options on those ships. You may want to take a look at their forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

At 18, none of the "kid's clubs" will be open to a young adult. The 17 year old will have access, but not the 18 year old. But...most older teens don't make use of the 'club' anyway. The pool and sports deck will be the most used places for teens! This is true on all of the mainstream cruise lines.

Myself, Mom and then 18 year old son took a cruise this past June on NCL Getaway and had a fabulous time. So many activities and things to see/do onboard that we ran out of time to do everything by the time our cruise was over. We are sailing the same ship again this fall since we had such a great time. You might also consider NCL's newest ship, the Escape which adds even more options

Good luck and happy cruising :)

Edited by Carolina Girl 99
spelling error ;)

I think not just the line, but the class(ship). Royal is wonderful, Brit I don't think the smaller ones would be as a good fit. I agree that the Oasis/allure would be a great choice!! Our fav..

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

the 18-20 demographic is the least catered to/served on any cruise line/ship. too old for kids club programming, too young to drink.

that being said any of the larger and newer ships will have enough activities that older teens can utilize. think Oasis, Allure, Quantum and Harmony on Royal, for instance.

the 18-20 demographic is the least catered to/served on any cruise line/ship. too old for kids club programming, too young to drink.

that being said any of the larger and newer ships will have enough activities that older teens can utilize. think Oasis, Allure, Quantum and Harmony on Royal, for instance.

The Freedom class has a lot for them as well. My teens loved both but my 20 something (non-drinker) daughter preferred Freedom over Allure. Both classes have lots of activities and entertainment!