Coastal Kitchen

For our December 2015 cruise my husband and I had a suite on Anthem of the Seas so we ate dinner at Coastal Kitchen a few times. We loved Coastal Kitchen's food, service, and ambiance.

We recently booked a three generation cruise on Oasis of the Seas with our daughter's family. My husband and I booked another suite, but our daughter's family booked two regular cabins with a connecting door between them. If we eat dinner one night, without the children, will our daughter and son-in-law be allowed to eat dinner with us at Coastal Kitchen?

What happens when there are so many "guests" that there isn't room for those that paid for their suites.

Our experience was that they wanted us to make advanced reservations for CK for their planning purposes.

What happens when there are so many "guests" that there isn't room for those that paid for their suites.

We're sailing on the Allure in May (first time since CK), and it would cause me some concern if they allow the place to be used regularly by those not in suites (tagging along with suite guests). How often does this occur? It would seem to potentially cause either slower service or longer waits to be seated.

I've enjoyed both the Haven restaurant (NCL) and Luminae (Celebrity) several times. For both I don't think we've ever waited more than a couple minutes to be seated... no reservations needed. How does that compare to CK ?

... and by the way, how long has CK been around on the Oasis and Allure?

Tom

We sailed Oasis March 2015 and CK/SL had just opened a month or so prior. We ate there several times and mostly made reservations earlier in the day. We had a few times we had to be flexible on time due to being booked. Once we walked in and had to wait about 30 min. Which was not a problem we just had drinks at SL. Twice we took two adult kids with us who were not in a suite without any problem.

Sailing the Allure in October and plan to make much use of CK and SL.

So, reservations are required (or at least highly suggested) for CK ? When you're making reservations, or arriving without them, what type of questions are asked - the number of people in your party and cabin #? Just wondering how they sort through who's really eligible.

THANKS

So, reservations are required (or at least highly suggested) for CK ? When you're making reservations, or arriving without them, what type of questions are asked - the number of people in your party and cabin #? Just wondering how they sort through who's really eligible.

THANKS

On Oasis, they strongly recommended reservations. They wanted us to reserve the entire week up front, but we only reserved two nights. They took our stateroom number and total number of guests. They didn't say it in so many words, but they seemd to imply that it would not be good if we wanted to bring guests every night.

On Oasis, they strongly recommended reservations. They wanted us to reserve the entire week up front, but we only reserved two nights. They took our stateroom number and total number of guests. They didn't say it in so many words, but they seemd to imply that it would not be good if we wanted to bring guests every night.

I wonder if having a "Royal Genie" will help out here - as far as getting in with short notice w/out reservations. To me, at least with my suite restaurant experiences on NCL and Celebrity, not making plans/reservations was a nice feature... allowing us to be a bit more freestyle!

On the Equinox last week either the concierge was at the top of his game, or being in the penthouse carries some additional clout. We've been in all other suite categories, but I can't say I've heard as many "not a problem at all" replies to dining requests (and such) I've had in the past !

Tom

Is it open for lunch on embarkation day on the Oasis/Allure? It was on the Anthem when we sailed from Southampton last October.

CK was not open for lunch on Oasis on embarkation day.

Sounds like a good reason to tackle a roast beef sandwich! :D

Tom

Giovanni's is also a nice way to start the cruise. It is extra cost, but it's a quieter, less hectic experience than other venues on embarkation day. Park Cafe gets busy very quickly.

CK was not open for lunch on Oasis on embarkation day.

They do, however, serve a buffet in the Suites Lounge on boarding day….along with champagne or wine, beer, sodas from the Suites Bar. It is a pleasant, quiet place to spend some time and has a fantastic view.:)

The only problem with Giovanni's is that it can be almost full due to Back2Back lunch. They seat new-boarding guests when space is available.

... The only problem with Giovanni's is that it can be almost full due to Back2Back lunch. They seat new-boarding guests when space is available.

I forgot they used Giovanni's for the B2B guests, that's a good point.

The beef on weck sandwich on Allure in Feb. was probably my one and only meal disappointment of the entire cruise. I had been building these sandwiches up to the entire group (22 in total)...only to find that they did NOT have the traditional au jus dipping sauce but some other nasty gravy. What a disappointment, and I lost all credibility with my western PA cruisers who are beef on weck connoisseurs.

I tried twice and both times they had that nasty gravy. What a huge disappointment !

Bob,

Does the elevator serving CK on deck 17 also go to all other decks? I'm trying to figure the best way to get to CK/SL from GS 8654. Kevin

Yes, the aft elevators service all the decks, including deck 17.