Room Not Ready

helensobol

We have a carry-on with a 12 pack of soda and have always checked it with no problem.

Just because you've had no problem so far doesn't mean that it is allowed or that you should do it. It is not allowed. You should not do it.

Planning for our first Carnival Cruise - Today reading this thread I learned that I want a later check in time so I don't have to carry anything around. I hope that checking in later will work out that way anyway...

Only been on 1 cruse and it was to Alaska on a different line - things sound different with Carnival as on that trip we were shown to our room immediately after boarding and introduced to our steward.

If a business sells an item for $$ and someone enters the business and takes the item without paying it is stealing. Plain and simple.

On Carnival, the "item" for sale is entering your cabin early. if you are a Platinum+ you earn the item for loyalty, OR you can pay for the item by buying FTTF.

If someone who isn't Platinum+ or hasn't purchased FTTF enters the cabin early, they are stealing. Plain and simple.

I have witnessed people who steal try to justify why it was ok for them to do it. Stealing is unjustifiable and a crime.

Since this will be my first time cruising with Carnival I researched and subsequently purchased FTTF because I wanted the perks including having my cabin ready when boarding. Not carrying around my luggage is important to me so I ponied up for the privilege. I don't care if I COULD get away with just "dropping stuff off" or that other lines let me do that so "why not"?

Come on people, when did we as a society become so self entitled? The aurgument that other lines I've been on have different policies or "they've always let me do it" is just a justification for bad behavior. If you don't like Carnival's policies, cruise another line.

This scenario is a lot like drivers who see a huge line waiting to enter onto the freeway and pass on the right and merge at the last minute...their time seems so much moe precious than the rest if us. We are all on vacation...can we be just a little bit nicer to each other?

Oh, and once for all....the crew member that cleans your room is a STEWARD and unless his name happens to be Stewart, please don't call him that.

Since this will be my first time cruising with Carnival I researched and subsequently purchased FTTF because I wanted the perks including having my cabin ready when boarding. Not carrying around my luggage is important to me so I ponied up for the privilege. I don't care if I COULD get away with just "dropping stuff off" or that other lines let me do that so "why not"?

Come on people, when did we as a society become so self entitled? The aurgument that other lines I've been on have different policies or "they've always let me do it" is just a justification for bad behavior. If you don't like Carnival's policies, cruise another line.

This scenario is a lot like drivers who see a huge line waiting to enter onto the freeway and pass on the right and merge at the last minute...their time seems so much moe precious than the rest if us. We are all on vacation...can we be just a little bit nicer to each other?

Oh, and once for all....the crew member that cleans your room is a STEWARD and unless his name happens to be Stewart, please don't call him that.

Awesome post!

Yes.

Wow, a "grownup"! who would've thunk it on cruise critic?

Hear! Hear!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! :)

Planning for our first Carnival Cruise - Today reading this thread I learned that I want a later check in time so I don't have to carry anything around. I hope that checking in later will work out that way anyway...

Only been on 1 cruse and it was to Alaska on a different line - things sound different with Carnival as on that trip we were shown to our room immediately after boarding and introduced to our steward.

Princess usually starts boarding when all the cabins are ready, usually around 12:30. Last few Princess cruises we've boarded before the cabins are available. Carnival usually starts boarding around 11:30, cabins open at 1ish.

I'd rather board early and wait for my cabin than wait in the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's the problem with Carnival. Once the leader and innovators of mass cruising, they have fallen behind.

Ever try to get on or off a Disney ship? Painless.

Try Disney outside of Port Canaveral. Debarkation from Miami was bad. Long line on the ship to get off, long line in the terminal to get off and don't even get me started on the luggage issues they had.

Even the last time we disembarked from Port Canaveral - long line to get off the ship since it seemed like everyone wanted to leave at once.

For me, the "rule" is clear - FTTF, Platinum, Diamond, whatever get to go to their cabins first. The rest of us keep our carry ons with us until 1:30 when the cabins are ready.

I don't know why people find this difficult to understand or follow.

Edited by meatloafsfan

For me, the "rule" is clear - FTTF, Platinum, Diamond, whatever get to go to their cabins first. The rest of us keep our carry ons with us until 1:30 when the cabins are ready.

I don't know why people find this difficult to understand or follow.

I agree, it is clear and it is easy to understand; not very difficult. But for people in this thread to suggest breaking the rule is a "crime" is laughable. That's like saying saving seats in the theater or chair hogging is a "crime".

So you want the privledge for FREE while others have either earned it by achieving platinum or diamond status or purchased the privledge by spending their money. Hmmmmm doesn't seem right now does it.

Before we earned the privledge to go to our cabin right after boarding, yes I would drag everything up to lido and found a table and propped everything up until the all clear was announced

Follow the rules!!

FTTF is the best. Buy it, go to front of all lines.

You should only go to your room before 1:00 or 1:30 if you purchased First to the Fun (FTTF)> To violate the rules is not fair to those who actually did purchase it, to the overworked stewards, & to other passengers who may not get their room done on time because you think that the rules do not apply to you. Hog rider is right; if you want to go to the front of the line, buy FTTF>

Princess usually starts boarding when all the cabins are ready, usually around 12:30. Last few Princess cruises we've boarded before the cabins are available. Carnival usually starts boarding around 11:30, cabins open at 1ish.

I'd rather board early and wait for my cabin than wait in the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If I remember correctly, when Carnival starts boarding at 11:30 or so, they give you an information sheet stating that they are thrilled to let you on early, but please refrain from going to your room (unless FTTF) until 1:30. By boarding early and accepting the paper, you are agreeing to follow this simple rule.

If people keep violating the rules, maybe they will restrict boarding to FTTF until 1-1:30. Boy, they would really sell a lot of FTTF then!

I, of course do not want them to do this, but I would understand if they did.

You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.

Now I gotta go answer the phone to let my parole officer know I'm home so my ankle bracelet doesn't go off 😂😂😂

BREAKING THE LAW, BREAKING THE LAW

You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.

Now I gotta go answer the phone to let my parole officer know I'm home so my ankle bracelet doesn't go off 😂😂😂

BREAKING THE LAW, BREAKING THE LAW

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and suck forever. :D

Its FINALLY been addressed by the "Beards" at Carnival... Straight from their spokesman a few hours ago:

John Heald

2 hrs ·

I have been aksed by our Housekeeping beards to mention something that really is benefits the hard working state room stewards.

We are trying to start embarkation as early as we can and with the staggered system in some ports already in place this is something that is happening more and more. Yippee. However, just because you are on the ship early does not mean your cabins are ready yet. The state room stewards and their assistants have lots of cabins to get ready and while they are doing that they close the fire screen doors from the elevator lobbies to the guest corridors. On these doors there are signs that kindly ask guests not to open these doors and come to their cabins because , well, they are not ready yet. But the number of people who think this request does not apply to them is quite staggering and every embarkation you will see people push these heavy doors open and head to their cabin.

Please, please don’t.

Not only are the cabins not ready but they are not secure. Often Ketut and his cabin stewards mate use a door stop to keep the cabin door open as they move quickly from room to room vacuuming, changing bedding, cleaning, dusting and folding the end of the toilet paper into a perfect triangle. This means that with the doors propped open like this that leaving your hand baggage in the cabins may not be secure.

Now, we always hope to get the cabins ready by 1pm or earlier and an announcement will now be made to tell you when the cabins are ready. So please, be patient, let these ladies and gents do their job and have your cabin, your home for the cruise looking just perfect for you and please , don’t be the one that opns that door thinking the request does not apply to you unless of course you are a VIFP or have Faster to the Fun.

On behalf of the state room stewards, thank you all.

cheers

Now, lets see how many STILL say "it only takes a minute to drop the bag off" even though they are clearly stating "please don't." :rolleyes:

Its FINALLY been addressed by the "Beards" at Carnival... Straight from their spokesman a few hours ago:

Now, lets see how many STILL say "it only takes a minute to drop the bag off" even though they are clearly stating "please don't." :rolleyes:

But will criminal charges be pressed? Should we demand that?

FTTF solves all problems. Better than loyalty perks.