Who are the Captains or Hotel Directors that have dinners

• 9 months later...
We had one with Hotel Director Robert on Radiance. Was very nice! :)

Robert Taggert is one of the best HD's on Royal Caribbean.

The reason that many of the Captains Tables have disappeared on many ships is that corporate is frowning on captains doing tables. We were invited to one on the Serenade of the Seas last month.

Along with that, some captains also will invite Pinnacle Club members to their cabin and that of the Hotel Director, but that is now also frowned on by corporate. After being in many captains quarters, I was amazed at the size of the captains quarters on Oasis class ships. Much smaller than even the Freedom class or Voyager class. They are not made for entertaining.

Rick

Robert Taggert is one of the best HD's on Royal Caribbean.

The reason that many of the Captains Tables have disappeared on many ships is that corporate is frowning on captains doing tables. We were invited to one on the Serenade of the Seas last month.

Along with that, some captains also will invite Pinnacle Club members to their cabin and that of the Hotel Director, but that is now also frowned on by corporate. After being in many captains quarters, I was amazed at the size of the captains quarters on Oasis class ships. Much smaller than even the Freedom class or Voyager class. They are not made for entertaining.

Rick

Hi Rick! :)

Yeah, Robert is so fun to talk to. Highly intelligent, and really loves his music!

We had such a nice dinner with him, the F&B manager and the LA. They treated

us to a nice dinner in Chops. Best part of the cruise, with lots of great conversations. :)

Interesting on the different sizes of the Captain's cabins. Not just the pax cabins

that are so varied in size, apparently. Agree...the Captain's cabin on Freedom is

huge!! :eek:

Captain Johan from Rhapsody does not invite Crown&Anchors, Diamond and up to include Pinnacles.

Only newly weds and newbies.

Really nice guy too! Great to talk to.

We enjoyed the "meal with an officer" lunch last month. Captain

came around to say hello to everyone.

We are currently on the Ovation of the Seas and John Rea is sailing with us now. Great man who is very friendly and is always around. We are sailing a 14 night r/t Sydney New Zealand cruise.

Great cruise so far, perfect weather as seas conditions.

We are currently on the Ovation of the Seas and John Rea is sailing with us now. Great man who is very friendly and is always around. We are sailing a 14 night r/t Sydney New Zealand cruise.

Great cruise so far, perfect weather as seas conditions.

Thank you so much for the update on John Rae. He's a great guy and good HD. So glad he's still with RCI. Enjoy your cruise and would love to hear more about Ovation.

It was very nice

What happens at the HD's Table stays at the HD's Table. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

LOL!! I hear ya...the last one we did had waaay too much

free flowing wine for dinner. Some interesting conversations

for sure. ;)

Hope you are enjoying MJ...I am now looking more forward

to our first introduction to the little ship now for this May. :)

• 2 months later...
Might be the wrong place to ask this question but I've never been the smartest blonde.

Who is the Hotel Director on the Jewel Transatlantic sailing April 23, 2017 the the following weeks in the Med.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tony Curtis said last fall he would be there unless things unforeseen .

Sent from my iPad using Forums