Just got off the majesty!

Spoolx

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

So, over the last few years I have become a cruise junky. I split my time between Royal and carnival and typically do 2 Fri-Mon cruises during the year and one long cruise in December. Living in Florida makes cruising extremely affordable.

My wife and I always have a pretty good time, we have gotten to the point where we don't get off at Nassau anymore and spend just a few hours in coco-cay.

That being said, one thing I am always shocked about is the lack of activities on Royals ships. Yes, if you like to stay up till 2 am then there are plenty of dance parties ready for you, but if you are like the wife and I who enjoy the games, comedians, and shows you are crap out of luck.

This past trip on the majesty had zero games, typically cruises have a newlywed game, men vs women game and other games where people can get up on stage and act crazy.

I always hear that carnival is the party ship and royal is for older folks but honestly that hasn't been my experience.

Are we the only ones who couldn't care less about the dance parties?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I'm surprised there was no Love & Marriage on your cruise, that's been on every cruise we've been on.

I do agree that Royal is a bit weak on the comedy side of things.

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

So, over the last few years I have become a cruise junky. I split my time between Royal and carnival and typically do 2 Fri-Mon cruises during the year and one long cruise in December. Living in Florida makes cruising extremely affordable.

My wife and I always have a pretty good time, we have gotten to the point where we don't get off at Nassau anymore and spend just a few hours in coco-cay.

That being said, one thing I am always shocked about is the lack of activities on Royals ships. Yes, if you like to stay up till 2 am then there are plenty of dance parties ready for you, but if you are like the wife and I who enjoy the games, comedians, and shows you are crap out of luck.

This past trip on the majesty had zero games, typically cruises have a newlywed game, men vs women game and other games where people can get up on stage and act crazy.

I always hear that carnival is the party ship and royal is for older folks but honestly that hasn't been my experience.

Are we the only ones who couldn't care less about the dance parties?

Having only three nights can be very limiting.

Was there not a comedian in the theater on one of those nights?

Did you go to The Quest? With all of those spring breakers on board, THAT would have been a hoot!

Last time I was on Majesty there was no Love and Marriage game, no trivia, and no pool side contests / games.

But there was a Quest on the last night and also there was Battle of the Sexes. There was one production show and a comedian also.

On Her Majesty on a mid week cruise just a few weeks ago during President's Week.

First night -- Welcome Aboard Show with Comedian Rick Corso

Other evening activities included Finish the Lyric Game Show; Line dancing' Disco Party; 70's Disco Party;Latin Fiesta on the Pool Deck; Singles Get To Gether

Second Night -- Production Show titled Signed, Sealed and Delivered;

Other activities included Love and Marriage Game; Several Trivia Games around the ship; Karoake; If you know it Dance Game on the Pool Deck with snacks; Dancing under the Stars on the Pool Deck.

Third Night -- Headliner for the show was Randy Cabral (comedian, juggler);

Other activities included International Parade in the Centrum; Adult Karoake; Battle of the Sexes Game; The Adult Quest Game Show; Nightclub party;

Fourth Night -- Farewell Production Show "Boogie Wonderland'; comedy of Rick Corso (adult comedy show);Jazz into the Night; Several Trivia around the ship; Ballroom dancing; DJ party in the spectrum; Cash Prize Bingo

Sprinkled in were Spa seminars and basketball competitions for teens; plenty of shopping and sales; booze tasting events went on each day at various times and places.

So I am NOT sure what the OP had on his cruise on Her Majesty....but when we were on her a few weeks ago....there were lots to do, or you could do nothing at all.

I listed NOTHING of what was going on around the ship from mid afternoon (3pmish) as people were coming back from their shore excursions. There was things getting started that early on the pool deck such as the belly flop contest, men's hairy chest contest; family games etc.

Edited by Paulette3028