Avalon allows changes for any bookings involving Brussels

JVilleGal

From the Avalon Facebook wall:

We at the Globus family of brands are deeply saddened by the tragic events in Brussels today. While there were Cosmos travelers in the city at the time of the incident, we can confirm that all customers are safe and secure and departed Brussels today as scheduled. We are working closely with our representatives in the city to ensure the safety and well-being of future travelers, and therefore guests on any of our brands scheduled to travel within the next month (through April 22, 2016) on any cruise or tour that includes Brussels may rebook to any future 2016 departure date, or 2017 if their 2016 itinerary is not available. If you have questions specifically related to upcoming departures, please call 866-397-6593 or email traveleradvisory@globusfamily.com.

We will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide any updates, as necessary. Our thoughts are with all of those affected by these events, and we applaud the resiliency of the people of Brussels.

For guests who feel uneasy, that's a nice gesture, but who's to say another city won't get hit? I don't want to sound negative, but that's the reality of the world we live in.

Roz

For guests who feel uneasy, that's a nice gesture, but who's to say another city won't get hit? I don't want to sound negative, but that's the reality of the world we live in.

Roz

Dear Roz, this is simply called good Customer Service !

I'm not saying it's not good customer service. It's just that booking another itinerary doesn't guarantee safety, but if that makes their customers feel better, then go for it.

Roz

I agree. Hard to keep up with this stuff. And hard to plan, especially if you're travelling months from now.

I am interested in what the different companies are doing because I am booked on a "tulip itinerary" leaving in less then 2 weeks. The situation is of course fluid right now but I am wondering if they will change the stops in Belgium. It is too soon to know today but I will call in the next couple of days. I still plan on traveling but also know I may need to change my plans accordingly.

Based only on today's attacks, I wouldn't expect lines to change itineraries . . . with the possible exception of not flying folks into or out of Brussels.

Edited by CPT Trips

A number of years ago me and a friend were on a Uniworld Tulips and Windmill cruise mid April. The Belgium part, one day in Brugge and one day in Antwerp. We did fly out of the Brussels airport, this is not going to make anyone feel warm and fuzzy! Cruise lines may be using Schiphol outside of Amsterdam.

Second seating

Dear Roz, this is simply called good Customer Service !

I agree that it's good customer service. They are not cancelling cruises, just offering people the choice to postpone. I think it's very generous.

Given the nature of these events, Brussels is probably one of the safest places to fly through today so changing to a different airport doesn't actually make much sense, but it is still good that they are offering people the choice...