If you could change one thing, what would it be?

Laylam

The bock parties are so simple to avoid if you don't like them, I can't see why it would be a Number One Thing to Change for anyone. Don't leave your room for that 15-20 minutes, use that time to shower and get dressed for the evening, or slip out of your room just before it begins to settle in at the Observation Lounge.

For me, like many of you, smoking is the number one issue. I can't believe they allow it in the Observation Lounge, where it affects everyone, and it really is a turn off. Smoking on the balcony is obviously a hit-or-miss situation, but I'd still like to see them disallow it. Or, limit it to a select region of cabins (e.g. port side, aft half of the ship).

Eric

-no smoking in Observation Lounge

-upgrade the dress code and enforce it

-add a few more activities

-upgrade entertainment

-padded pool deck loungers

-more varied Colonnade offerings

- In the Club most evenings the Entertainment staff take over

the dance floor which does not leave much room for the passengers.

Their excuse - they say it is to encourage more guests onto the floor.

- In the Club most evenings the Entertainment staff take over

the dance floor which does not leave much room for the passengers.

Their excuse - they say it is to encourage more guests onto the floor.

And I suspect they are probably right. Were it not for their input it would usually be a pretty empty space. The odd song where a few people get up but a lot more when they don't.

You will always get those one or two passengers who dance the night away but you need a few more than that to create and maintain atmosphere. A catch 22, do away with the entertainment team at your peril.....

Henry :)

My suggestion, "offer us the large bar of Hermes soap."

Martita B

LOL! I was flamed in another post for reporting the Hermes soap is getting smaller! I did say I was probably the only person that would notice or even care but honestly if it gets any smaller it will be nonexistent! I love that soap!

Hi Martita. What would I change? I would eliminate having to fly long distances to get to the ships. I refuse to pay more for the flight than for a cruise and will not anymore cram into the absurd seating in the back. Besides, just as with SeaDream, when aboard Seabourn, I don't care where they go. The ship, crew, food, service is it for me. I would be happy if they left Miami and steamed in circles around the Bahamas for a week or 10 days.:D But then, I have travelled since infancy and spent a great deal of my adult years driving ships around strange places on this planet so my "Bucket List" is probably a bit less urgent than some others. Just a thought.:D

Hi Martita. What would I change? I would eliminate having to fly long distances to get to the ships. I refuse to pay more for the flight than for a cruise and will not anymore cram into the absurd seating in the back. Besides, just as with SeaDream, when aboard Seabourn, I don't care where they go. The ship, crew, food, service is it for me. I would be happy if they left Miami and steamed in circles around the Bahamas for a week or 10 days.:D But then, I have travelled since infancy and spent a great deal of my adult years driving ships around strange places on this planet so my "Bucket List" is probably a bit less urgent than some others. Just a thought.:D

Jim. Take your point but seabourn has a global market and what's local to some is half a world away to others!

Jim. Take your point but seabourn has a global market and what's local to some is half a world away to others!

Right you are but the question was what would I change......:D Didn't say it had to make sense.

Edited by Jim Avery

LOL! I was flamed in another post for reporting the Hermes soap is getting smaller! I did say I was probably the only person that would notice or even care but honestly if it gets any smaller it will be nonexistent! I love that soap!

If you use it up can you not get another one?

Rols,

Why inject logic to disarm a good moan? I mean, really!

And about (other) policy matters - you just knew this was coming - STOP the smoking 24/7 in the Observation Bar. And cut it out on verandas. For everyone's benefit.

Happy sailing!

I have a suggestion that I have never seen mentioned before. Wouldn't it be nice if we could overnight at the embarkation port. They are usually in fabulous places but we do not get to enjoy these ports unless we've flown in ahead of time. Even then, the experience is not the same.

This would leave us with more travel flexibility.

And even if the fares are slightly higher due to increased port charges, this would even out if you do not have to pay the hotel, extra transfer, meals etc.

For the cruise line, the port fees would be balanced by the additional excursion sales.

It's a win win situation don't you think?

I have a suggestion that I have never seen mentioned before. Wouldn't it be nice if we could overnight at the embarkation port. They are usually in fabulous places but we do not get to enjoy these ports unless we've flown in ahead of time. Even then, the experience is not the same.

And even if the fares are slightly higher due to increased port charges, this would even out if you do not have to pay the hotel, extra transfer, meals etc.

For the cruise line, the port fees would be balanced by the additional excursion sales.

Great idea! This does happen occasionally on Seabourn and some other lines, but not very often. Would be a great attraction for us.

For me it would be the disembarkation port so you can get off the ship the night before after dinner and farewells. That way you don't have to get up at some ungodly hour. I intend doing just that in Singapore at the end of our next cruise.

For me it would be the disembarkation port so you can get off the ship the night before after dinner and farewells. That way you don't have to get up at some ungodly hour. I intend doing just that in Singapore at the end of our next cruise.

Henry do you remember if we had an overnight in Cape Town at the end of the Christmas/New Year cruise on Sojourn? I seem to think that we did but I could be imagining it.

Either way, I like the idea of an overnight at the beginning or end of the cruise.

Henry do you remember if we had an overnight in Cape Town at the end of the Christmas/New Year cruise on Sojourn? I seem to think that we did but I could be imagining it.

Either way, I like the idea of an overnight at the beginning or end of the cruise.

Yes indeed we did.

I cannot imagine why anyone would fly in the day of embarkation. It's way to risky in today's world of flying. Unless, of course it's a short hop like Paris/London in which case if you want time to explore you should fly in early anyway.

We did this on Oceania in 2014. We registered, had lunch, dumped hand luggage in Cabin the went off into Venice on the people mover. Then the following morning got the Alliaguna to St Marks Square, walked back up through Venice hopping over the bridges, people mover back to ship and sail away at 5pm - perfect.

I do agree that the overnights at the embarkation and disembarkation ports are nice - I've had them on the disembarkation end in Istanbul, Venice, and Bali (Denpasar/Benoa) and it was nice to be able to head out and wander after packing up. It took some of the sadness of leaving away.

It is odd to have a sailaway party when the ship is still in port although I've had a couple of those now so I'm used to it now. I do like the idea of getting unpacked and then heading back out to explore.

I cannot imagine why anyone would fly in the day of embarkation. It's way to risky in today's world of flying. Unless, of course it's a short hop like Paris/London in which case if you want time to explore you should fly in early anyway.

Good advice. We fly into a embarkation port two day before sailing. I have read too many horror stories of people missing the ship and trying to catch up with the cruise.

Edited by Suite Travels

Good advice. We fly into a embarkation port two day before sailing. I have read too many horror stories of people missing the ship and trying to catch up with the cruise.

Also stories of people who arrived on time but their luggage didn't show up until the next day.