My Cruise Manager is empty although I have 4 pending

crusinpsychRN

You can still "get to" your booking info, just have to use search, enter booking number, name, etc - brings it all right up.

So no problem being able to print, just a couple extra steps.

Pick your region, scroll down, pick your port.

Scroll down, select "View all shore excursions"

These things are not gone off the Carnival website, they are just not linked to your log in any more.

I know I can input the info and get to it but it's a pain for 4 cruises. They'll fix it eventually.

You can still "get to" your booking info, just have to use search, enter booking number, name, etc - brings it all right up.

So no problem being able to print, just a couple extra steps.

Go to Carnival home page, select "Explore". Then select "Destinations" in drop down menu.

Pick your region, scroll down, pick your port.

Scroll down, select "View all shore excursions"

These things are not gone off the Carnival website, they are just not linked to your log in any more.

Thank you for trying but the Western Heritage and Snorkel Tour is not on the website anymore. It has gone missing. I am truly praying it has not been discontinued. I don't want my money back, I want the excursion. :(

This afternoon, Carnival sent (or whatever software they use to send these emails, sent) me an email encouraging me to use My Cruise Manager, my little pre-cruise helper. Separately from the email, I logged in and my cruises were still missing, so I populated them manually. Logged out, returned later, bookings have vanished again. I'm not going to keep re-adding them, so I'll wait to see when this issue gets resolved on Carnival's side.

At least my reservations still exist and my cabins haven't been released back into the "Available" pool.

Edited by undercat

This afternoon, Carnival sent (or whatever software they use to send these emails, sent) me an email encouraging me to use My Cruise Manager, my little pre-cruise helper. Separately from the email, I logged in and my cruises were still missing, so I populated them manually. Logged out, returned later, bookings have vanished again. I'm not going to keep re-adding them, so I'll wait to see when this issue gets resolved on Carnival's side.

At least my reservations still exist and my cabins haven't been released back into the "Available" pool.

As previously stated, everyone's reservations are still intact. They are just temporarily "not attached" to your Carnival log in.

As previously stated, everyone's reservations are still intact. They are just temporarily "not attached" to your Carnival log in.

I know - I just thought the timing of the automated email referencing my reservation and Cruise Manager was funny. :)

I'm not worried.

Edited by undercat

I was on the phone with Carnival just now and asked about this. Their IT is aware and still working to resolve the issue.

You can still access your booking by entering the details again

Edited by webzila

When I signed into carnival.com this morning, I was able to view my VIFP page with my cruise history, days sailed and offers.

To get to my bookings, I had to fill out a pop up screen "Access your Bookings" with booking # and ID info.

Don't know if this is a permanent change, extra security, or a one pop deal.

Carnival's IT team has a sweet job! If the services I support were to go down as consistently as Carnival.com and it took me up to a week to fix functionality on a popular website visited by millions of people each day, I would no longer be employed :rolleyes: I've also noticed excursions missing from my cruises and that has got to impact Carnival's excursion sales. The "Carnival beards" must not be paying attention because if they were they wouldn't allow this type of disruption to go on for days..

This is annoying. Down again. I can't remember the dates of my 2017 cruises.

I have requested admins delete a roll I posted when one was already up. When I hit submit nothing happens. I don't know if they have gotten my 5 submits. Wonder if this is a glitch.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

[quote name='ATL_Miami_Cruiser']Carnival's IT team has a sweet job! If the services I support were to go down as consistently as Carnival.com and it took me up to a week to fix functionality on a popular website visited by millions of people each day, I would no longer be employed :rolleyes: I've also noticed excursions missing from my cruises and that has got to impact Carnival's excursion sales. The "Carnival beards" must not be paying attention because if they were they wouldn't allow this type of disruption to go on for days..[/QUOTE]

I know, right?

I work with teenagers a lot in my job, and when they fail to do something they're supposed to do on time and properly, I give them the standard lecture about how someday when they have a job they will be expected to get their work done on time and correctly, without exceptions, every single day. And if their job is done badly, their employer will just replace them with someone who can do it better. But apparently I should just tell them all to work for Carnival IT!

[quote name='EdmundXXIII']I know, right?

I work with teenagers a lot in my job, and when they fail to do something they're supposed to do on time and properly, I give them the standard lecture about how someday when they have a job they will be expected to get their work done on time and correctly, without exceptions, every single day. And if their job is done badly, their employer will just replace them with someone who can do it better. But apparently I should just tell them all to work for Carnival IT![/QUOTE]

I wonder if Carnival's IT Dept has :confused:been outsourced to another country? That sometimes causes translation and /or communications problems.

[quote name='spyingeyes']It's unreal to me that such a large company can't seem to have a consistently reliable website. It always has some sort of glitch and the time it takes their IT guys to fix any problem is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Ultimately, it must just not be a priority to them. They either aren't investing in equipment or in people in this area. Maybe both. They have the money and the size to have a world class website if they really wanted to.

Not only is it back up, but all of my bookings are listed on it, without me having to re-enter them, and the two I booked yesterday afternoon are also there even though I did not physically have to do the linking process. I do not mind the 2 days (and probably nights) to fix this issue. That shows me they took the times to diagnose it correctly, determine the fix(es) that needed to be made, made those fixes in a test environment, and did the proper amounts of Q.A to make sure the fixes worked. From 30+ years in the IT world before retirement, I appreciate the effort that it takes to do something right, and I also understand that it is impossible to have any software application that is 100% bug free. Anyone who states otherwise or shows outrage at the fact that a bug exists has their head in a really dark place. Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='cruzn buckeye']My booking has disappeared today... do i need to call or just add it in???[/QUOTE]

You can manually add it back, but it will likely not stick.
This has been happing to many, I doubt calling will accomplish anything.
If you just have the "need" to verify it, just search it manually.