Princess World Cruise

It's probably only a pipe dream but I found a World Cruise on Sea Princess in May 2017. Prices start from about $20,000 each for 106 nights. My question is: When is the best time to book? Do the prices go down as the cruise comes closer? Maybe some of you have done World Cruises and can help me decide. Thanks

It's probably only a pipe dream but I found a World Cruise on Sea Princess in May 2017. Prices start from about $20,000 each for 106 nights. My question is: When is the best time to book? Do the prices go down as the cruise comes closer? Maybe some of you have done World Cruises and can help me decide. Thanks

I've been stalking these for a few years, prices seem to stay pretty steady.

We booked the Dover to Sydney sector around 6 weeks ago direct with Princess , reason being we can have cruise refared should the price drop and deposit is fully refundable, up to a certain date of course. We know the cruises are popular and don't imagine our sector, due to the great itinerary, will be discounted much if any.... We got a very healthy $1800 OBC so not overly worried, still very reasonably priced for us at just under $210 per night. Should one book now or wait ...we'll if you like a gamble and cabin position isn't an issue play wait n see and check fares often .....if you really want to go and are picky about cabin selection ... consider booking early. :D:D

I agree with fellow world cruise stalker Gut, the prices do stay quite steady. One thing I have noticed though is that there seems to be quite a bit more on board credit if you book early.

Steve.

I also agree with the above. There may be some discounting of unpopular segments at the last minute , but not the full World Cruise . The earlier you book the more OBC you seem to get.

The other other thing to take on board is that a cruise for 106 days takes a lot of planning and organising and although May 17 sounds a long way off it will creep up very quickly.

Also ,the only sectors discounted here will be those with Au as a port. There will big demand for the others as they move around the globe...eg the Brits will seek out the UK to USA segments.

I agree with fellow world cruise stalker Gut, the prices do stay quite steady. One thing I have noticed though is that there seems to be quite a bit more on board credit if you book early.

Steve.

That's true.

I think (based on my stalking) that if the WC isn't selling too well they are more likely to discount segments than whole cruise. But if you add all the segments it is sill more than the whole 100+ days.

We booked the Dover to Sydney sector around 6 weeks ago direct with Princess , reason being we can have cruise refared should the price drop and deposit is fully refundable, up to a certain date of course. We know the cruises are popular and don't imagine our sector, due to the great itinerary, will be discounted much if any.... We got a very healthy $1800 OBC so not overly worried, still very reasonably priced for us at just under $210 per night. Should one book now or wait ...we'll if you like a gamble and cabin position isn't an issue play wait n see and check fares often .....if you really want to go and are picky about cabin selection ... consider booking early. :D:D

There is an offer of $2000 OBC at the moment. Do you know if gratuities are included in your fare?

We currently have another Princess cruise booked (booked direct with Princess). We were also told that our cruise could be re-fared etc. We rang our agent last Monday and told she was on a phone call. Still waiting for her return call. I know it has been Easter and all but that is ridiculous. Maybe our decision re the world cruise will depend on how we get handled by Princess tomorrow.

There is an offer of $2000 OBC at the moment. Do you know if gratuities are included in your fare?

We currently have another Princess cruise booked (booked direct with Princess). We were also told that our cruise could be re-fared etc. We rang our agent last Monday and told she was on a phone call. Still waiting for her return call. I know it has been Easter and all but that is ridiculous. Maybe our decision re the world cruise will depend on how we get handled by Princess tomorrow.

Theres more than one travel agent....ring around ....if they know you are serious about a world cruise , you might be surprised what is forthcoming. Be interesting to see if Princess make an offer.

I have found Princess fantastic when dealing with price drops.

We would love to do a world cruise or half of it but NOT on the Sea Princess we will have to wait until they use the Emerald or Diamond

I'd love to do it on Pacific Princess (but as she now only leaves US that's not on the cards.

We would love to do a world cruise or half of it but NOT on the Sea Princess we will have to wait until they use the Emerald or Diamond

Yes, I feel a bit that way. I loved Sun & Dawn but feel like I'd want a bit more variety and space on a really long cruise. The Sun class ships only have one speciality restaurant, and that's situated in one side of the Horizon Court and has about as much ambience as a hotel corridor once it gets dark outside. I'm really looking forward to trying Golden in a few days, for her repositioning cruise.

What is it about the Sea Princess that you don't like? Interested to hear your opinion.

Also can someone please let me know how much (approx.) the daily gratuities are on Princess

What is it about the Sea Princess that you don't like? Interested to hear your opinion.

Also can someone please let me know how much (approx.) the daily gratuities are on Princess

If sailing Aus to Aus grats are NIL

otherwise between about $13 and $15 a day depending on cabin class.

On the world cruises from Australia there are no extra gratuities and the onboard costs will be in AUD. All Princess cruises departing from AND returning to Australia/New Zealand operate like this.

Princess ships operating outside of our region (including repositioning cruises) have onboard costs in USD, and the gratuities are $13.95pp per day for suites and mini-suites, and $12.95pp per day for all other cabin categories.

If sailing Aus to Aus grats are NIL

otherwise between about $13 and $15 a day depending on cabin class.

Cool. So if we booked Sydney to Brisbane (106 nights) there are no gratuities? Even if we booked through a travel agent? or only through Princess?

Cool. So if we booked Sydney to Brisbane (106 nights) there are no gratuities? Even if we booked through a travel agent? or only through Princess?

As I understand it no grats if you book through an Aussie agent, or Princess and you are an Aussie.

But I would double check with whoever you booked with, after all for two we are talking the best part of three grand.

Either, as long as it's an Aussie TA.

It's on one of the Aussie-based ships, departing from Australia and returning to Australia so meets all the criteria for no extra grats and AUD onboard costs.

You can currently pick up the 2017 world cruise for $18700 for an inside cabin, with $2100 OBC on a well known OZ website. There may be more OBC if you are a Past Passenger. I am also a WC watcher (stalker) and this is about the cheapest I have seen it so far. And no gratuities as they are built into the price.

This is for the Sydney to Sydney 104 night cruise. Our 2017 world cruise looks fabulous as it goes way up into the arctic circle and visits a few ports in Norway. This is a first for the Australian world cruise itinerary.

If you look at the price of the US world cruise that leaves at the start of the year, our world cruise is great value considering we are in AUD.

You can currently pick up the 2017 world cruise for $18700 for an inside cabin, with $2100 OBC on a well known OZ website. There may be more OBC if you are a Past Passenger. I am also a WC watcher (stalker) and this is about the cheapest I have seen it so far. And no gratuities as they are built into the price.

This is for the Sydney to Sydney 104 night cruise. Our 2017 world cruise looks fabulous as it goes way up into the arctic circle and visits a few ports in Norway. This is a first for the Australian world cruise itinerary.

If you look at the price of the US world cruise that leaves at the start of the year, our world cruise is great value considering we are in AUD.

Thanks for the heads up

That 2017 itinerary is what I'm hoping is on offer when I am finally ready to do it, but that is unlikely till at least 2020, probably even a little later.

That 2017 itinerary is what I'm hoping is on offer when I am finally ready to do it, but that is unlikely till at least 2020, probably even a little later.

I am probably looking to doing it around that time as well. Once I finish work, that is my retirement present to me....Happy Retirement Fletch!!

I am probably looking to doing it around that time as well. Once I finish work, that is my retirement present to me....Happy Retirement Fletch!!

I doubt I will be retired by then (should SA hope I'm not) but Mrs Gut may be and if not should at least have sufficient LSL in the bank, unless w end up doing a Circle Pacific.

Book immediately. Princess changes your fare if there is a price drop and you notice (they do it for me). Not my ideal Princess ship for a world cruise anyway but Princess does seem to have better itineraries now than P&O do.

She was the third of the set of Sun class ships and was the Cinderella The whole ship lacks ambiance compared with Sun and Dawn which we love We sailed on her (and enjoyed the cruise) when it was the cruise from hell that ended up in Sydney dry dock -Oz to Singapore and back missing 5 ports, but would not want to spend 104 days on her whatever they have done to 'mend' her.