Activities QM2 Atlantic Crossing

LewiLewi

We were wondering what activities are available during the seven day Atlantic crossing. Are there movies in the theater, planetarium shows, guest speakers?

Thank you

If you are like me, on a 'Cunard Transatlantic', you won't have a minute to your self ! There is soooo much to do ! .. e.g. Rushing from one thing to another and securing a seat to listen to the wonderful guest Speakers.

Don't take this the wrong way. ...Movies ? you can do that sort of thing at home ;)

And the nice thing - you can do as little or as much as you choose. I enjoy going to the movies in the evening because as a repeat customer some of the evening entertainment has been seen many times and it is a chance to see a movie on a large screen, something which I do not do at home.

We were wondering what activities are available during the seven day Atlantic crossing. Are there movies in the theater, planetarium shows, guest speakers?

Thank you

Daytime speakers are always our favorite entertainment. The library is well-stocked. There are group trivia games held and there are game tables set up with board games and puzzles. Organized bridge as well as pick-up games. There are people to chat with and music to enjoy. There are naps to take. The movie will be something first-run. There are visits to the gym and laps around the promenade deck. There are (if you aren't in the Grills) daily decisions of where-to-eat breakfast and lunch. And, there is always the decision of what-to-eat, meal after meal.

Time has never dragged for us on a crossing. Never bored and yet such a totally relaxing experience :)

I know it makes no sense but you can do nothing but you always run out of time before you get it all done. Just seems to always be something going on. :D

So true! So many fascinating lectures, RADA classes (not sure if RADA is still on for TAs), dance classes. I don't know where the time goes, but it goes.

Sometimes the movies are classics, things you've only seen on the small screen. When we did the cruise around Australia, the WC had the "director of the month." For our cruise, it was Billy Wilder. I got to see Some LIke It Hot, Sabrina, and Sunset Boulevard on a big screen. For a movie buff, that was great.

When are you doing your crossing?

We are leaving on Aug. 9 for a seven day crossing to Southampton. We are then planning to fly to Berlin before beginning a river cruise on the Elbe. I hope that transportation to London Heathrow will be provided by Cunard (at an additional cost).

We are leaving on Aug. 9 for a seven day crossing to Southampton. We are then planning to fly to Berlin before beginning a river cruise on the Elbe. I hope that transportation to London Heathrow will be provided by Cunard (at an additional cost).

There are a number of transportation options, including those arranged by Cunard. What a lovely holiday you will have!

I'm sure that there will be something offered by Cunard. The only other convenient option is a car service. Public transport is not convenient. The train is great if you're going to London, but not if you're heading directly to Heathrow.

cold .... fog .... how rough? Could be flat as glass, but I wouldn't count on it. But QM handles this better than most "liners" out there today

even on a June crossing we didn't see very many children ... some, but not "a lot"

my opinion / observation: the crossings tend to be an older crowd ..... filled out by families who don't fly ....