Drink package liberty of the seas

Are there "freestyle soda machines" for the drink packages avaible on this ship? All the information I have about liberty is prior to their most recent renovation, so if theres someone who has been onboard recently and can answer this?

Are there "freestyle soda machines" for the drink packages avaible on this ship? All the information I have about liberty is prior to their most recent renovation, so if theres someone who has been onboard recently and can answer this?

We were on Liberty April 24-May 1 and there were no Freestyle machines.

• 1 month later...
I know, I've signed them when I've had the package. If she finds signing a receipt "extremely annoying" I'd hate to she what she thinks of people showing up on formal night dressed in shorts, but that's a whole bother topic[emoji6]

While I don't mind signing, the fact the bars are now understaffed relative to demand, makes the signing take up time that could be used serving customers. The time spend waiting for the system to print, reloading the printer, handing the check out, getting the check back, filing the check, while individually take only a few seconds, collectively over a shift make take as much as 15% of the bartenders time. Then if those checks are not looked at, its a real waste of time. I wonder, with the electronic billing system in place, that the checks are rarely looked at.

On the Navigator, Adventure, and Jewell, we found signing to be random. Where signing was the most consistent was at the pool bars where the demand was the highest and the resulting impact on bartender time was the greatest.

What does RCL charge for the drink of the day special? I've seen posts about most cocktails being $12, but do they add a 18% tip on top of that? Thanks!

I've not yet seen a drink of the day priced more than the limit in the Premium and Ultimate packages.

When sailing out of ports where the drink prices do not include gratuity (like US ports), the $12 limit is also before gratuity, so drinks listed at $12 or less are included, even with gratuity added.

With the beer and wine package are all the beers in the Hoof and Claw pub under the price limit?

No, the Chimay Blue 750ml is not covered and you would pay full price for that beer, no credit given.

Is Chimay the only one that is not in that price limit? I do like Chimay so how much do they charge for one?

Yes, Chimay is the only beer not included in any package.

A couple of years ago it was $20, but I have not checked lately.

Thanks very much for the response. I sure hope we don't have to sign for very many drinks as it was extremely annoying last year.

Yes, this is annoying. Not a game breaker but still annoying.

If you tend to give a cash tip, then give it up front, when the bar server takes your SeaPass card. This seemed to eliminate all the signing.

...and this works for me. :D

Times are a changing, even on Celebrity. We had to have our drink card out every time we ordered a drink in the MDR.

We've been sailing Celebrity for a few years now and always had to produce our seapass. It's the receipt we never had to sign that's the difference.

The cost of the alcohol/beverage package on RCL has me debating changing to NCL. I'm booked far enough out and can change with no fee. Granted, we'd have to pay the $99.99 each in gratuities when and if be booked NCL. My hubby doesn't drink. On NCL with the free beverage promotion it's a win for me!!!! I finally got him off sodas, so it's a waste for him. I guess I could just "wing it" on RCL and try to keep MY cocktails and wine at $200. to equal what I would have paid NCL in gratuities? Hmmmm, so how many drinks do ya think I could have on RCL for $200? Yeah, I know, I'm overthinking this. I have a feeling the drinks and gratuities would add up pretty fast.

Edited by tripchick

The cost of the alcohol/beverage package on RCL has me debating changing to NCL. I'm booked far enough out and can change with no fee. Granted, we'd have to pay the $99.99 each in gratuities when and if be booked NCL. My hubby doesn't drink. On NCL with the free beverage promotion it's a win for me!!!! I finally got him off sodas, so it's a waste for him. I guess I could just "wing it" on RCL and try to keep MY cocktails and wine at $200. to equal what I would have paid NCL in gratuities? Hmmmm, so how many drinks do ya think I could have on RCL for $200? Yeah, I know, I'm overthinking this. I have a feeling the drinks and gratuities would add up pretty fast.

Depends on what you drink. Beers run in the $5 to $7 range. Fancy frozen cocktails would be around $12. Add 18% for gratuity.

I'm confused... if you have a beverage package, they're still asking you to sign for every drink? They added gratuity to my pre-paid package... so I assumed gratuity in general was covered for bar drinks.

I would tip more for good service, etc. but just curious if it's expected by the drink even with the package?

I'm confused... if you have a beverage package, they're still asking you to sign for every drink? They added gratuity to my pre-paid package... so I assumed gratuity in general was covered for bar drinks.

Yes, the pre-paid gratuity covers bar drinks. If I had to guess, the bartender may ask you to sign so he has documentation of the drinks he served so he gets his share of the 18%. Just a guess ...

Yes, the pre-paid gratuity covers bar drinks. If I had to guess, the bartender may ask you to sign so he has documentation of the drinks he served so he gets his share of the 18%. Just a guess ...

From what I understand, the accounting is done when they swipe the card. The signing provides the opportunity for additional gratuity.

When we sailed the Radiance from Vancouver to Seward in June, both my wife and I had the premium package. Over the week, I think I ordered a drink from every bar on the ship. Never saw a receipt to sign at any time from any bar.

I was also a bit surprised that none of the drinks showed up on my on board account. I would have expected to see a series of drink charges and counterbalancing credits from the drink package, but there was nothing.

... I was also a bit surprised that none of the drinks showed up on my on board account. I would have expected to see a series of drink charges and counterbalancing credits from the drink package, but there was nothing.

It's normal for the package drinks not to appear on what you see of your on board account. However, they are keeping track in case you cancel your package, they will chanrge you individually for every drink you have had.

The whole reason they give you a receipt is for an extra tip above the 18% already charged. I signed all mine with fictitious names. it provides a little enjoyment to come up with new ones every time.

Depends on what you drink. Beers run in the $5 to $7 range. Fancy frozen cocktails would be around $12. Add 18% for gratuity.

I'm a frozen cocktails and wine fan. I'll bring my two good bottles of wine and go cheap with a glass of house wine at dinner if I have to.