Bogo $1

socmft

I've read how tough it is at the early BOGO to get a seat. Lots of people suggest getting to the bar early. Well...can you walk up to bartender and get your drinks and then leave...like go back to your balcony room or just sit somewhere else on the ship? I assume that would be OK, but with all the rules/regulations, who knows!!

Yes, you can take your drinks to your cabin or elsewhere to enjoy. People in our traveling group purchased beers and asked the bartender to leave them unopened so they could place one in the cabin fridge for later. This was on the Royal in Jan.

I can't imagine why anybody would say you have to stay in the bar and be seated. It simply has never worked that way on any cruise I've taken. It's a bar. It has a BOGO special going on. Buy your drinks and drink them where you like. I got a nice double bourbon (my two drinks, neat, in one glass) at the late BOGO in Explorers when doing a PC cruise. I then took the drink back up to Lido deck where my wife and I were watching a movie. (The movie was The Sound of Music so I not only didn't mind missing part of it to go get the drink, I kind of needed the drink due to the movie. :eek:)

Just got off the Crown yesterday. We always showed up about 2:55 (5 minutes early) and never had a problem getting a seat at a table. The closer it got to 4:00, the more crowded it would get. As others have previously stated, there was never a problem taking the opened and unopened beers back to the cabin.

Yes, you can take your drinks to your cabin or elsewhere to enjoy. People in our traveling group purchased beers and asked the bartender to leave them unopened so they could place one in the cabin fridge for later.

Does it too.

I can't imagine why anybody would say you have to stay in the bar and be seated. It simply has never worked that way on any cruise I've taken. It's a bar. It has a BOGO special going on. Buy your drinks and drink them where you like. I got a nice double bourbon (my two drinks, neat, in one glass) at the late BOGO in Explorers when doing a PC cruise. I then took the drink back up to Lido deck where my wife and I were watching a movie. (The movie was The Sound of Music so I not only didn't mind missing part of it to go get the drink, I kind of needed the drink due to the movie. :eek:)

hahaha...good one thrak!

Is this on all princess ships? If so, which bars? We are cruising on the Ruby in July.

I think it is on all ships. On the Crown it was in the Wheelhouse Bar from 3-4 and then in Skywalkers from 11 PM to 12 AM.