Rentals in Sydney?

happyyaya

We are doing the November 2016 back-to-back Celebrity cruises on the Eclipse: Singapore to Sydney (traveling around Australia) and then Sydney roundtrip (traveling around New Zealand). We will stay in Sydney after the cruises, from Nov 27 to Dec 2, 2016.

I need suggestions for where to stay in Sydney. Has anyone found a particularly good rental apartment? VRBO suggestion? We will not be renting a car -- will walk and use public transportation. Really interested to hear where folks have stayed.

THANKS in advance!

We are doing the November 2016 back-to-back Celebrity cruises on the Eclipse: Singapore to Sydney (traveling around Australia) and then Sydney roundtrip (traveling around New Zealand). We will stay in Sydney after the cruises, from Nov 27 to Dec 2, 2016.

I need suggestions for where to stay in Sydney. Has anyone found a particularly good rental apartment? VRBO suggestion? We will not be renting a car -- will walk and use public transportation. Really interested to hear where folks have stayed.

THANKS in advance!

Suggest your post is not going to get answers here as people are discussing Celebrity Cruiseline. As you probably know there are a number of rental sites including AirBNB, Trip Advisor and VRBO - all with comments about the rental.

Good Luck.

As you will be staying only 5 days, I suggest you just stay right near the port. The Rocks or Circular Quay, near the Opera House. Lots of very nice hotels in that area.

There are many things to do in that area and public transport can take you to any of the beaches around.

I do not know what your budget is but there are hotels that are quite reasonable.

There is also VRBO https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/south-pacific/australia/new-south-wales/greater-sydney/sydney-metro/sydney?sleeps=2-plus&from-date=2016-11-27&to-date=2016-12-02

Suggest your post is not going to get answers here as people are discussing Celebrity Cruiseline. As you probably know there are a number of rental sites including AirBNB, Trip Advisor and VRBO - all with comments about the rental.

Good Luck.

North Sydney. I rented a flat via Airbnb.

Anywhere close to the F5 loop would work.

http://www.transportnsw.info/resources/documents/timetables/F5-neutral-bay.pdf

Annie

Edited by anniegb

THANKS in advance!

The Pullman Quay 'hotel' is absolutely perfect for what you seem to want. On Circular Quay, kitchen area including washer dryer, balcony overlooking the harbour. We stayed there pre cruise and have a final night booked. Also small supermarket, liquor store and food outlets nearby. Sitting on the balcony listening to the buskers and soaking in the sights of Sydney, priceless.

Not cheap, but worth every penny!

THANKS in advance!

We did a similar cruise last year and stayed up the street at the Marriott for 4 days in between cruises- walking distance with luggage to the ship. There are self service apartments but the rate we had for the Marriott was less expensive.

As you will be staying only 5 days, I suggest you just stay right near the port. The Rocks or Circular Quay, near the Opera House. Lots of very nice hotels in that area.

There are many things to do in that area and public transport can take you to any of the beaches around.

I do not know what your budget is but there are hotels that are quite reasonable.

There is also VRBO https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/south-pacific/australia/new-south-wales/greater-sydney/sydney-metro/sydney?sleeps=2-plus&from-date=2016-11-27&to-date=2016-12-02

I agree with Pete. For the little extra it may cost you will save on traveling time and hassle by staying in the Rocks or Circular Quay area. Heres one that might suit...just a few streets back, but an easy walk. Popular with tourists and those doing business in the City. We have stayed there when we need more than just a 1 night hotel.

Wynard Budget Apartments.

http://www.sydneyservicedapartments.net/SydneyApartments-Wynyard.htm

We are staying in the Meriton Service Apartments on Kent right now! Highly recommended. Lots of room- safety-close proximity to everything. Paid approx $140 a night US dollars for a one bedroom suite- via Priceline. There are other locations as well- looks like all locations are convenient as we are walkers and public transport people too. Do look them up- I found them on Tripadvisor

Another vote for Meriton. We've stayed in 3 different locations and all were excellent. We rented another serviced apartment for 2 nights on our recent stay and wish we'd spent the bit extra to go with Meriton. They have lots of options in the city so just choose the best for you.