Ant and Dec myths busted.

daiB

From someone on Britannia now.

So for all the ant and Dec haters and those who posted threads full of bile and absolute garbage about this Britannia cruise - here are the real facts from the cruise itself and gleaned from various crew members at the Baltic lunch today including the captain . Taking most of the previous comments / moans / whinges / untruths in turn :

The two riviera pools will be closed off for five days - nope , in fact they are not closed at all yet and may only be closed on show day .

The entire riviera pool area would be closed for three days - nope , only one side and not even half is closed . It's very much business as usual .

The arena deck would be closed entire cruise - nope it's fully open but one side of the deck below is closed for storage .

The sports court would be closed entire cruise - yes it is .

There will be loads of intrusions from TV cameras all round ship all cruise - err no there has been nothing at all .

Ant and Dec will be everywhere - they aren't even on until Friday in Barcelona although little ant and Dec have been on since Southampton .

The ship will be crawling with hundreds of competition winners who are horrid common people - err well if it is they aren't obvious . In fact there are 100 of them and as the ship is sailing full with 4000 passengers they aren't exactly obvious .

The ship will be crawling with technicians - there are 300 of them board but they aren't seen in the public rooms and tend to stay in the buffet area .

There will be noise from the construction of the set - err nope and in fact all the cabins below the set have been given to the technical crew for the show so it's they who suffer the noise if there is any .

The whole cruise will be ruined - if anything it's been enhanced as everyone is looking forward to Barcelona - all very exciting and certainly no trouble at all . In fact the storm on Sunday night / Monday caused more trouble by far !!!

So for those who cancelled this cruise - you've missed out big time !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

What I love is people who go on holiday and just make the most of all opportunities and have a great time. Good on you!

We once arrived at a hotel to find a HUGE queue and thought it was to check in. As it was, it was Britain's Got Talent auditioning for 3 days. The acts were all over the place (hubby loved the dancing girls ;-)) and they queued up outside on the path underneath our room each morning from about 7am. (If you see what I mean!!) It was really interesting to watch the crew put the show together. Some people moaned a lot - we loved it and always laugh about the many, very strange people we saw in our hotel corridor !!!

Have a great cruise and enjoy the atmosphere !

Have never watched the programme but will this week !

:)

Edited by Presto2

What I love is people who go on holiday and just make the most of all opportunities and have a great time. Good on you!

We once arrived at a hotel to find a HUGE queue and thought it was to check in. As it was, it was Britain's Got Talent auditioning for 3 days. The acts were all over the place (hubby loved the dancing girls ;-)) and they queued up outside on the path underneath our room each morning from about 7am. (If you see what I mean!!) It was really interesting to watch the crew put the show together. Some people moaned a lot - we loved it and always laugh about the many, very strange people we saw in our hotel corridor !!!

Have a great cruise and enjoy the atmosphere !

Have never watched the programme but will this week !

:)

I am not on the ship, the post is from someone on her now. As it happens I have never watched the show I put it on here because there was so much negativity about the cruise before hey went with so much miss information.

Edited by daiB

I hope everyone is indeed having a really good cruise. A holiday is sometimes what you make of it.

I would say for balance however that it will be interesting to hear the views of people who paid for their cruise as opposed to those who are being paid by P&O. The crew and the Captain are hardly likely to be critical now are they.

I hope everyone is indeed having a really good cruise. A holiday is sometimes what you make of it.

I would say for balance however that it will be interesting to hear the views of people who paid for their cruise as opposed to those who are being paid by P&O. The crew and the Captain are hardly likely to be critical now are they.

The details are not coming from the crew they are coming from a paying passenger. Who is reporting what he has seen. The original came with photos of people enjoying the pool area.

Pity they have the basic fact that there are 4000 passengers onboard when Britannia doesn't carry that many so if they have got that fact wrong what else have they got wrong. I certainly wouldn't think I would have missed out "big time". :)

Pity they have the basic fact that there are 4000 passengers onboard when Britannia doesn't carry that many so if they have got that fact wrong what else have they got wrong. I certainly wouldn't think I would have missed out "big time". :)

Yes she does 3500 approx when 2 to a cabin the other 500 + are children, she is on a school holiday cruise.

[quote=daiB;

[quote

Not if they hate Ant and Dec as much as I do

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/]

[quote=daiB;

[quote

Not if they hate Ant and Dec as much as I do

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/]

Not my quote, this is from the poster on the ship. Personally I have never seen the show and never watch any of their shows. But there has been so much negativity about this cruise, I thought that this post in some way countered all the misinformation which had gone around.

I am not on the ship, the post is from someone on her now. As it happens I have never watched the show I put it on here because there was so much negativity about the cruise before hey went with so much miss information.

Sorry, didn't read this one right. Whatever, I still think that people can just make the most of things.:)

I don't think everything I had previously read was negative.

However, Interesting that your reports, from a fare paying passenger who enjoyed the Baltic lunch and passed on information, from the crew to you to share on Cruise critic, so in effect 3rd hand, differs so much to that information posted before sailing.

I assume you read those posts? The ones where fare paying pax shared copies of the notifications that had come directly from P&O advising them of pool closures etc?

If what you post is true it seems P & O themselves created a lot of negativity themselves, alarming pax when there was in fact no need to do so.

I certainly wished those that were sailing all my best, and hoped they would have an interesting fun time. That said I would have taken the opportunity to cancel which P&O offered to all of those who had booked, when the itinerary changed. I wouldn't be feeling like "I missed out big time"

From someone on Britannia now.

So for all the ant and Dec haters and those who posted threads full of bile and absolute garbage about this Britannia cruise - here are the real facts from the cruise itself and gleaned from various crew members at the Baltic lunch today including the captain . Taking most of the previous comments / moans / whinges / untruths in turn :

The two riviera pools will be closed off for five days - nope , in fact they are not closed at all yet and may only be closed on show day .

The entire riviera pool area would be closed for three days - nope , only one side and not even half is closed . It's very much business as usual .

The arena deck would be closed entire cruise - nope it's fully open but one side of the deck below is closed for storage .

The sports court would be closed entire cruise - yes it is .

There will be loads of intrusions from TV cameras all round ship all cruise - err no there has been nothing at all .

Ant and Dec will be everywhere - they aren't even on until Friday in Barcelona although little ant and Dec have been on since Southampton .

The ship will be crawling with hundreds of competition winners who are horrid common people - err well if it is they aren't obvious . In fact there are 100 of them and as the ship is sailing full with 4000 passengers they aren't exactly obvious .

The ship will be crawling with technicians - there are 300 of them board but they aren't seen in the public rooms and tend to stay in the buffet area .

There will be noise from the construction of the set - err nope and in fact all the cabins below the set have been given to the technical crew for the show so it's they who suffer the noise if there is any .

The whole cruise will be ruined - if anything it's been enhanced as everyone is looking forward to Barcelona - all very exciting and certainly no trouble at all . In fact the storm on Sunday night / Monday caused more trouble by far !!!

Dai, people were only commenting on information that P&O supplied to passengers on the cruise which they posted on here. Why would P&O give that negative info to passengers if they didn't intend to do the things they outlined.

Dai, people were only commenting on information that P&O supplied to passengers on the cruise which they posted on here. Why would P&O give that negative info to passengers if they didn't intend to do the things they outlined.

I'm neither for or against Ant & Dec; I don't watch them on TV. Would I have cancelled my cruise when it was announced they were going to be on board? I honestly don't know. But as a "neutral", can I just say that maybe P&O made contingency plans to allow for a worst case/maximum disruption and set expectations accordingly, but didn't actually know until they got the TV crew on board how things would work, and it has turned out to not be as disruptive as expected. I've been involved in a few large-scale events involving filming/TV and things are very fluid. They change all the time and you just have to go with the flow. Nice for the pax on board that there is less disruption than expected.

I'm Ventura right now and have been wondering about how Britannia and Oceana managed in Storm Katie. We all left Southampton on Sunday and headed straight into it. It was awful - I feel sorry for the 1st time cruisers (more than 1000 on here according to the Captain) who may think it was normal!

Enjoy Ant n Dec...I'd have been happy to meet them have had my own celeb dinner mate this week though so am happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm neither for or against Ant & Dec; I don't watch them on TV. Would I have cancelled my cruise when it was announced they were going to be on board? I honestly don't know. But as a "neutral", can I just say that maybe P&O made contingency plans to allow for a worst case/maximum disruption and set expectations accordingly, but didn't actually know until they got the TV crew on board how things would work, and it has turned out to not be as disruptive as expected. I've been involved in a few large-scale events involving filming/TV and things are very fluid. They change all the time and you just have to go with the flow. Nice for the pax on board that there is less disruption than expected.

I think you are probably right but my point was that people were only commenting on the facts they were given and had every right to do so.

Edited by bee-ess

I'm Ventura right now and have been wondering about how Britannia and Oceana managed in Storm Katie. We all left Southampton on Sunday and headed straight into it. It was awful - I feel sorry for the 1st time cruisers (more than 1000 on here according to the Captain) who may think it was normal!

Enjoy Ant n Dec...I'd have been happy to meet them have had my own celeb dinner mate this week though so am happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh are you going to share?? [emoji4]

Wherever the information came from in the first post it is true. I am a fare paying passenger, not being paid by anyone and the atmosphere on board is great. All pools were open for our sunny sea day yesterday. No idea about today but they will not be missed as it is raining.

Only met one winner so far, lovely lady who is a regular cruiser but never been on Britannia before, have to say I have heard enough to know she deserves her place on board.

I don't think everything I had previously read was negative.

However, Interesting that your reports, from a fare paying passenger who enjoyed the Baltic lunch and passed on information, from the crew to you to share on Cruise critic, so in effect 3rd hand, differs so much to that information posted before sailing.

I assume you read those posts? The ones where fare paying pax shared copies of the notifications that had come directly from P&O advising them of pool closures etc?

If what you post is true it seems P & O themselves created a lot of negativity themselves, alarming pax when there was in fact no need to do so.

I certainly wished those that were sailing all my best, and hoped they would have an interesting fun time. That said I would have taken the opportunity to cancel which P&O offered to all of those who had booked, when the itinerary changed. I wouldn't be feeling like "I missed out big time"

You (and one or two others ) seem to be doubting the authenticity of Dai's post , which if that is the case is a alittle unfair. I can vouch that he has literally cut and pasted the post from someone on Facebook as I read the post as well - in an attempt to share with CC members (who may not be on facebook) what is being said by a passenger on board.

You (and one or two others ) seem to be doubting the authenticity of Dai's post , which if that is the case is a alittle unfair. I can vouch that he has literally cut and pasted the post from someone on Facebook as I read the post as well - in an attempt to share with CC members (who may not be on facebook) what is being said by a passenger on board.

You are correct to some extent, I didn't doubt the whole authenticity, but I take with a pinch of salt tales that are relayed 3rd hand. Confusion could have been avoided, if the op had stated it was a copy and paste from Facebook.

I am not on Facebook, so would not have seen it. Does that mean that is where the negativity by others was expressed? As, as I previously stated I didn't think the threads I saw were all negative.

You are correct to some extent, I didn't doubt the whole authenticity, but I take with a pinch of salt tales that are relayed 3rd hand. Confusion could have been avoided, if the op had stated it was a copy and paste from Facebook.

I am not on Facebook, so would not have seen it. Does that mean that is where the negativity by others was expressed? As, as I previously stated I didn't think the threads I saw were all negative.

Pink belle...the negativity on Facebook came in bucket loads! Never seen so much moaning, and hurling of insults at people who dared to say they were looking forward to it! True there were positive comments as well but there was a lot of moaning! Lots of people who cancelled gave their four penn'th as well.

Stay off facebook if you can - sometimes I wish I had never signed up!:D But it can be useful method of communication!:rolleyes: