Ant and Dec myths busted.

daiB

Pink belle...the negativity on Facebook came in bucket loads! Never seen so much moaning, and hurling of insults at people who dared to say they were looking forward to it! True there were positive comments as well but there was a lot of moaning! Lots of people who cancelled gave their four penn'th as well.

Stay off facebook if you can - sometimes I wish I had never signed up!:D But it can be useful method of communication!:rolleyes:

Only that post has had 600+ likes and hundreds of positive comments the more positive people are now coming out. :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Britannia did look impressive and everyone looked like they were having a good time. I'm sure P&O are pleased it all went off without a hitch - they did well to do all that live. On the official FB page there is lots of good feedback.

Brilliant show last night, did Britannia proud. As for Facebook on all the Facebook pages I have read most of the posts are positive with the majority of people enjoying the show.

They certainly are now aren't they! Pleased to see it, hopefully the moaners have decided to stay quiet!

I thought it went off very well and the ship looked lovely.

Decided to catch up on the Ant & Dec show this morning and even though I am glad that I was not there, because I feel there must be some disruption with all the "celbrities" on board, I thought that it seemed to go well and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I don't watch the show so I don't know how the winning passengers were chosen but they must feel so lucky to have a free cruise on a beautiful ship.

I was happy to see the Britannia, reminding me of last year when we were so excited to be going on the maiden cruise though right now I am happily counting down to getting on board Ventura on Friday.

It looked as though it all went off very well, I'm sure this has done what P&O wanted - 90 mins of prime time TV exposure. There must have been people watching that have never cruised that maybe will now and the first name they think of will be P&O. It seems that people who paid also enjoyed it so it was well done by P&O.

Edited by bee-ess

That's funny as last year on Azura another passenger told us they saw Liz Dawn boarding our cruise - but we never saw her so wasn't sure if she was mistaken!

Could well have been her - her husband said they cruised a lot. She used to do the QE2 as a speaker/guest but now just holidays. When I first saw her in the bar I thought she was someone that looked like her but then sat with them at dinner.

Having watched the programme on TV ,this would have put me off cruising for ever.The ship looked crowded and the atmosphere looked like being at a certain class of holiday camp.It has certainly put me off cruising with PO again unless they bring back smaller ships

Not a programme I have seen before but I tuned in to see the ship. It was all a bit puerile for my personal taste but it is obviously a very popular show so great free advertising.

I think that this will have attracted people to P&O but have repelled just as many. Who knows though.

What I love is people who go on holiday and just make the most of all opportunities and have a great time. Good on you!

We once arrived at a hotel to find a HUGE queue and thought it was to check in. As it was, it was Britain's Got Talent auditioning for 3 days. The acts were all over the place (hubby loved the dancing girls ;-)) and they queued up outside on the path underneath our room each morning from about 7am. (If you see what I mean!!) It was really interesting to watch the crew put the show together. Some people moaned a lot - we loved it and always laugh about the many, very strange people we saw in our hotel corridor !!!

Have a great cruise and enjoy the atmosphere !

Have never watched the programme but will this week !

:)

"What I love is people who go on holiday and just make the most of all opportunities and have a great time. Good on you"!

There are still a few of us about.:D:eek:

From someone on Britannia now.

So for all the ant and Dec haters and those who posted threads full of bile and absolute garbage about this Britannia cruise - here are the real facts from the cruise itself and gleaned from various crew members at the Baltic lunch today including the captain . Taking most of the previous comments / moans / whinges / untruths in turn :

The two riviera pools will be closed off for five days - nope , in fact they are not closed at all yet and may only be closed on show day .

The entire riviera pool area would be closed for three days - nope , only one side and not even half is closed . It's very much business as usual .

The arena deck would be closed entire cruise - nope it's fully open but one side of the deck below is closed for storage .

The sports court would be closed entire cruise - yes it is .

There will be loads of intrusions from TV cameras all round ship all cruise - err no there has been nothing at all .

Ant and Dec will be everywhere - they aren't even on until Friday in Barcelona although little ant and Dec have been on since Southampton .

The ship will be crawling with hundreds of competition winners who are horrid common people - err well if it is they aren't obvious . In fact there are 100 of them and as the ship is sailing full with 4000 passengers they aren't exactly obvious .

The ship will be crawling with technicians - there are 300 of them board but they aren't seen in the public rooms and tend to stay in the buffet area .

There will be noise from the construction of the set - err nope and in fact all the cabins below the set have been given to the technical crew for the show so it's they who suffer the noise if there is any .

The whole cruise will be ruined - if anything it's been enhanced as everyone is looking forward to Barcelona - all very exciting and certainly no trouble at all . In fact the storm on Sunday night / Monday caused more trouble by far !!!

So for those who cancelled this cruise - you've missed out big time !!!

Nice one and well done P&O and Britannia.

Not a programme I have seen before but I tuned in to see the ship. It was all a bit puerile for my personal taste but it is obviously a very popular show so great free advertising.

I think that this will have attracted people to P&O but have repelled just as many. Who knows though.

Hi there.

Like you I have never watched the programme. I'm probably a bit old fashioned and still head out on a Saturday evening.

I am though interested in all things P&O and thoroughly enjoyed my Maiden Cruise on Britannia. So having heard about this show on a P&O Facebook group I am a member of I recorded it.

Like you also it didn't appeal to my taste but I was thrilled with the obvious PR P&O got from it. That has to be good news plus the fact there was such a scramble to book there was very little discounting.

Which is also good for us Carnival Shareholders.

What a coo for P&O watched the show great family entertainment great location and for what I saw great ship...felt sorry for the chap who lost the prizes he must be kicking himself (as long as he doesn't find and kick a commodore)....[emoji27]

Hi there.

Like you I have never watched the programme. I'm probably a bit old fashioned and still head out on a Saturday evening.

I am though interested in all things P&O and thoroughly enjoyed my Maiden Cruise on Britannia. So having heard about this show on a P&O Facebook group I am a member of I recorded it.

Like you also it didn't appeal to my taste but I was thrilled with the obvious PR P&O got from it. That has to be good news plus the fact there was such a scramble to book there was very little discounting.

Which is also good for us Carnival Shareholders.

Sorry to disagree with you there but when the show was first announced and due to the fact that 2 ports of call were cancelled to accommodate the show those that had booked original cruise up to 12 months ago were given the option of cancelling free of charge and because so many did they have been advertising the cruise for £799 for inside cabins and £999 for a balcony that is heavy discounting.

From someone on Britannia now.

So for all the ant and Dec haters and those who posted threads full of bile and absolute garbage about this Britannia cruise - here are the real facts from the cruise itself and gleaned from various crew members at the Baltic lunch today including the captain . Taking most of the previous comments / moans / whinges / untruths in turn :

The two riviera pools will be closed off for five days - nope , in fact they are not closed at all yet and may only be closed on show day .

The entire riviera pool area would be closed for three days - nope , only one side and not even half is closed . It's very much business as usual .

The arena deck would be closed entire cruise - nope it's fully open but one side of the deck below is closed for storage .

The sports court would be closed entire cruise - yes it is .

There will be loads of intrusions from TV cameras all round ship all cruise - err no there has been nothing at all .

Ant and Dec will be everywhere - they aren't even on until Friday in Barcelona although little ant and Dec have been on since Southampton .

The ship will be crawling with hundreds of competition winners who are horrid common people - err well if it is they aren't obvious . In fact there are 100 of them and as the ship is sailing full with 4000 passengers they aren't exactly obvious .

The ship will be crawling with technicians - there are 300 of them board but they aren't seen in the public rooms and tend to stay in the buffet area .

There will be noise from the construction of the set - err nope and in fact all the cabins below the set have been given to the technical crew for the show so it's they who suffer the noise if there is any .

The whole cruise will be ruined - if anything it's been enhanced as everyone is looking forward to Barcelona - all very exciting and certainly no trouble at all . In fact the storm on Sunday night / Monday caused more trouble by far !!!

So for those who cancelled this cruise - you've missed out big time !!!

As an ex cruise agent, if people actually cancelled for this I have to say I would find it incredibly funny - only those with a name of Bucket surely. P&O are nice cruises, but its no 7 star lol.

As one of those causing the "disturbance and disruption" thanks for an enjoyable few days onboard.

Hope we didn't cause too much trouble, and hope you enjoyed the show

I wish I had been onboard. Change to maybe bump into one of the celebrities all in one place at the same time. Gave a good overview of the ship - looks beautiful.

Edited by jones721

Could well have been her - her husband said they cruised a lot. She used to do the QE2 as a speaker/guest but now just holidays. When I first saw her in the bar I thought she was someone that looked like her but then sat with them at dinner.

I remember Liz Dawn cruising on the old Cunard Countess as a guest entertainer when I was on there enjoying an "officer's significant other" freebie. She wasn't allowed to get a tan as it would have caused problems with continuity editing on Corrie - unlikely that Vera would have been anywhere to get a Caribbean tan. She had to put up with long sleeves and a big floppy hat all week ;);)