Feeling guilty........

KPfromCT

We booked a cruise today!!!:D

On Royal Caribbean:eek:

I really don't even know how it happened. We were talking, and DD, and DH wanted something "different".

I have always wanted to try Allure or Oasis, and we just decided to go with it.

I don't know WHY, but I just feel guilty. lol

We LOVE Carnival!!!

But, in all reality, Carnival's prices have gone UP. WAY up. The cost of this cruise was comparable to two of the Carnival cruises we priced out.

I know we'll have a great time, and it's been said you have to do one of those ships at SOME point. Well, I guess it's our time.:D:

I really don't even know how it happened. We were talking, and DD, and DH wanted something "different".

We LOVE Carnival!!!

But, in all reality, Carnival's prices have gone UP. WAY up. The cost of this cruise was comparable to two of the Carnival cruises we priced out.

I know we'll have a great time, and it's been said you have to do one of those ships at SOME point. Well, I guess it's our time.:D:

Loved Allure!!!

We LOVE Carnival!!!

One day I'd like to sail on Allure or Oasis.

Loved Allure!!!

I have to say, we are EXCITED!!!! Royal's prices have always been out of our league, but something happened, and they were right in line with Carnival's pricing.

Just need to see what this ship is all about. The hype. lol

Regardless, we'll be on a cruise. Life is good!!!!:D

It's even worse when you meet up with your regular Carnival ship in port. Happened to us sailing Princess in Ensenada b

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's even worse when you meet up with your regular Carnival ship in port. Happened to us sailing Princess in Ensenada b

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

:eek::eek: That will make me feel even WORSE!!!!!! lol

Didn't check the schedules yet. lol

We LOVE Carnival!!!

You will love the Oasis class and it will make you forget Carnival.

Don't feel guilty at all. We jump all the time from cruiseline to cruiseline. We like to try out different ships and see what they have to offer.

But, Allure was my favorite ship of all the ships I've been on. Its an experience like no other, with the outdoor aquatheater and water shows, the boardwalk and central park. I loved it!!!

We LOVE Carnival!!!

Once you go Royal, you can't come back to Carnival:) Then again I did the same. Have fun.

Don't feel guilty You owe Carnival nothing. This isn't a slam on Carnival, since as you can see by my signature, I've had several cruises on Carnival, and am booked on the Magic. The Oasis class is a must do in my opinion.You can go back to Carnival, but you will be awed by what's available to do on these ships. The shows are unbelievable. Do not miss the ice show.

We LOVE Carnival!!!

I'm completely at a loss as to why you would feel guilty, unless Carnival has been inviting you back and paying for your cruise as their guest.

But you've hit on the Carnival conundrum. Raise the price too much, and people will just trade over to a full service cruise line.

Trading up to the Oasis/Allure has no comparison, though, because there's nothing like it, not even on a traditional RCCL ship.

Once you go Royal, you can't come back to Carnival:).

We went from the Carnival Fascination to the Allure of the Seas (SHOCK doesn't even start to describe it), but then we went back to Carnival Dream. I thought that, after Allure, the Dream would be a let down but it wasn't. We had a very enjoyable time!

About the Oasis class ships, it's definitely a bucket list kinda cruise. You need to do it at least once in your life. We had an absolutely fantastic time and it ranks as one of our best cruises ever BUT we are not rushing to sail on these ships any time soon. It was awesome, but in a "non-cruise" kind of way.

Edited by Tapi

Just know that you are going to LOVE Oasis....and yes, you will probably see a Carnival ship nearby but you'll be just fine :D

What kind of cabin did you book?

We booked a superior oceanview on the "hump".:D:D

From what I hear, the ship is so massive, sometimes you don't feel like you are even on a cruise ship.

So, at least when we go back to the cabin, we'll KNOW we are on a cruise ship.:D