Am I a fool for considering EZ-air

Loreni

We will be flying to Sydney for a 20 day round trip on the Sun. However, we are then flying to New Zealand for a week of sightseeing. Question: Will EZ Air book a ticket, one way to Sydney and one way return from Auckland, an open jaw ticket? We will buy our own tickets to Auckland, one way, unless they are much more cheaper to do a round trip and fly home from Snydey.

Thank you,

Bill

Coo359a2

Princess sent me a form to use that requests final ticketing be done now and that I understand no further changes (price or dates) Can be made to our flight reservations. After I fax the form to Princess, they will issue tickets and Delta's records will show that everything is paid. Then I can contact Delta to purchase the Comfort Plus seats. I did this early ticketing when I used EZair for cruise to Australia.

Thanks for your answer. I will call Princess tomorrow and request that they pay AA fee. I'm also looking for my 50,000 AA miles to show up - have just charged my cruise and air to my new AA card :D

I just spoke with a Princess rep - if they pay for my ticket early it will no longer be flexible - no thanks :)

Thanks for your answer. I will call Princess tomorrow and request that they pay AA fee. I'm also looking for my 50,000 AA miles to show up - have just charged my cruise and air to my new AA card :D

I just spoke with a Princess rep - if they pay for my ticket early it will no longer be flexible - no thanks :)

Yes that is right - no changes after Princess pays for the ticket early or either at the 45 day mark. With Delta, the only way to upgrade your seats to Delta Comfort is to have the tickets paid in full. So to make sure I am able to get those seats and make my DH happy, I will have Princess pay for the tickets early.

Yes that is right - no changes after Princess pays for the ticket early or either at the 45 day mark. With Delta, the only way to upgrade your seats to Delta Comfort is to have the tickets paid in full. So to make sure I am able to get those seats and make my DH happy, I will have Princess pay for the tickets early.[/quote

so if I want to upgrade on Delta I will have to already paid in full with EZ Air? I am going to use them next year; so any info I get now will help when I book.

Yes that is right - no changes after Princess pays for the ticket early or either at the 45 day mark. With Delta, the only way to upgrade your seats to Delta Comfort is to have the tickets paid in full. So to make sure I am able to get those seats and make my DH happy, I will have Princess pay for the tickets early.[/quote

so if I want to upgrade on Delta I will have to already paid in full with EZ Air? I am going to use them next year; so any info I get now will help when I book.

That is what I was told by Delta when I wanted to upgrade to the Comfort Plus seats. Once Princess had paid in full, I called Delta and got the upgraded seats. I check Delta seating chart frequently to see how their Comfort Plus seats are being reserved and decide when I should get Princess to pay and then I purchase the seats.

We will be flying to Sydney for a 20 day round trip on the Sun. However, we are then flying to New Zealand for a week of sightseeing. Question: Will EZ Air book a ticket, one way to Sydney and one way return from Auckland, an open jaw ticket? We will buy our own tickets to Auckland, one way, unless they are much more cheaper to do a round trip and fly home from Snydey.

Thank you,

Bill

Hi Bill! Hope you are doing well. You can book one way flights with EZAir. That was a change that happened fairly recently.

We just booked our first Princess Cruise (30 cruises under our belt, 26 wuth Royal Caribbean). We booked a 12 night cruise in Europe for my 60th Birthday. Splurged on a Vista Suite. Just booked Business class with Ameican Airline RT from Dallas to London for a good $2,000 less using EZ Air through Princess. Don't have to pay until final so sweet deal there. Also since we are flying in day of the cruise the protection there is worth it. I am excited!!!

Does anyone have experience with upgrading your seat with Air Canada?

Air Canada 's upgrades are not worth the cost, in most cases it will be several hundred dollars for a 3 hour flight. I found that sometimes booking with a travel partner (United Airlines) one could get first class seats on the Air Canada US/international legs for less than the higher end economy seats. We upgraded Edmonton to LAX for $300 return, on booking a trip last November. AC's upgrade price was well over $3,000, and it was on the exact same flights.

We just booked our next cruise while on board the Island last week. We are doing the Cape Horn cruise, and asked Sandy, the wonderful Future Cruise Consultant to give us an idea of what EZ Air would be. Not having used it before, knowing we were looking at $2K easy for coach and that was not refundable! That sweet computer came back with such a great price! We're were all shocked at the fare, she'd paid $1000++ more when she went years back, she couldn't remember exactly...so we said, Book It!

We fly LAX to Miami in coach, then bus. class from there to Rio. 15 hours flight time. One way of course because we end near Santiago, Chile. Doing the same bus class/coach trade off going home, right at $2700pp. I just tried looking at flights myself, with refundable fares, we would be looking about $4000++pp. :D

And the best deal of all is the $103pp Princess transfer, the airport in Rio is almost 2 hours away from the port area. Same kind of thing in Chile. That will make life a little easier at the end of that flight & the end of the cruise!

If your cruise and air is paid in full and you had to cancel cruise after final payment,but before the 45 day cut-off,would you get your airfare refunded to you?

Yep, with Princess Vacation Protection Plan you do!

If your cruise and air is paid in full and you had to cancel cruise after final payment,but before the 45 day cut-off,would you get your airfare refunded to you?

If booked with the flexible option, yes.

If booked with the non-refundable option, no.

But depending on airline policy could probably use partial value for future air travel on that airline within a year of when air was first booked.

That is what I was told by Delta when I wanted to upgrade to the Comfort Plus seats. Once Princess had paid in full, I called Delta and got the upgraded seats. I check Delta seating chart frequently to see how their Comfort Plus seats are being reserved and decide when I should get Princess to pay and then I purchase the seats.

have you used the delta comfort seats, do you feel they are worth the extra money, we don't drink so that won't benefit us, but what about the extra legroom?

have you used the delta comfort seats, do you feel they are worth the extra money, we don't drink so that won't benefit us, but what about the extra legroom?

My 6'2" husband sure thinks they are worth it for the extra few inches. I only choose them for international flights though. Once flying domestic on a Delta plane, the Flight Attendant asked if I would change seats so a mother and her two kids could sit together. I didn't realize that my new seat was a comfort seat until I crossed my legs and still had plenty of room between my knees and the seat in front. I thought it was a little wider also. It did make for a comfortable flight.

• 3 weeks later...

For the inexperienced or nervous traveller I think EZair has a place and every once and a while they do hit a home run price wise. However, we have only used them once and every time I check their pricing .... well any one can do better booking directly than booking EZair.

We missed our ship in Ft. Lauderdale last January because of a blizzard in Philadelphia. EZ Air flew us to Ft. Lauderdale, then the next day from Miami to Aruba where we picked up the Island Princess. No charge for the $485 Miami to Aruba flight. EZ Air prices have always been lower than what we saw on other websites, including the airlines and travel sites. We have used them for cruises and rebooked at lower prices every time. Just watch the flexible prices.

I keep seeing all this info and I'm feeling like EZ air is a no brainer for us in Europe 2017..but I have a question.

If I add EZair to my cruise, is the price locked in? I know if the price drops I can request the dropped price. But if the price goes up, do I have to now pay a higher cost (before final payment)?

I keep seeing all this info and I'm feeling like EZ air is a no brainer for us in Europe 2017..but I have a question.

If I add EZair to my cruise, is the price locked in? I know if the price drops I can request the dropped price. But if the price goes up, do I have to now pay a higher cost (before final payment)?

The price is locked in.. Unless of course you want to rebook at the higher price..