Am I a fool for considering EZ-air

Loreni

Thanks so much for this thread! I just priced the 2016 sailing ( my 2017 dates won't come out until October) and Princess pricing is $500 less PP than booking on Kayak.

I feel like this is a can't lose for me.

Of course, I'll stay on top of prices, but with nothing to lose until final payment, I'll be holding flights as soon as they open.

Yes, you can also book Princess transfers whether or not you book EZ Air.

I booked EZ Air for my cruise this fall from Rome. About a month later I checked the price and it had gone down almost $200. I had no trouble getting the lower price. I now check almost every day and just yesterday saved an additional $17! Your price will never go up but, until final payment, you can get a lower price.

Edited by Carolyn R

I booked EZ Air for my cruise this fall from Rome. About a month later I checked the price and it had gone down almost $200. I had no trouble getting the lower price. I now check almost every day and just yesterday saved an additional $17! Your price will never go up but, until final payment, you can get a lower price.

So, when you book EZ Air. you log on your princess account every day or two; and then you check to see if prices have gone down with your airfare; is this correct? And, if price goes down; you can rebook your flight up to 45 days out. The only thing is; if you haven't paid for the flight; you can't pick out your seats, is this correct? Thanks

Edited by AF-1

So, when you book EZ Air. you log on your princess account every day or two; and then you check to see if prices have gone down with your airfare; is this correct? And, if price goes down; you can rebook your flight up to 45 days out. The only thing is; if you haven't paid for the flight; you can't pick out your seats, is this correct? Thanks

I log in and check my flights often too. I do call Princess to have them rebook for a lower price as I don't want to chance me messing up the reservation:). I've been told that some airlines do not let you pick out your seats but you can for United and Delta flights.

I am such a control freak, that I prefer to purchase tickets with airlines directly-- the one time I booked with Expedia to save $20- They screwed up my seating so badly-- bottom line- never again----

OK: For those of you in the know: We always fly either Jet Blue or Delta. We also will only fly comfort plus/extra space, whatever the most comfortable in coach- can't stand being squooshed---- Here is what I am trying to understand, should we use ez air----

From above comments: If using ez air, it is better to do flexible fare and check constantly to rebook as fair goes down in price? But if booking comfort plus, it requires paying upfront, so that you can choose your seats on Delta website? I'm real picky and want to pick the seats as soon as flight is shown. On Delta website, how do you do this, as it says you need to purchase comfort seats directly- no upgrade from cheaper seats?

It seems from comments, that the ez air is only easier if booking the cheap seats or business class? I understand that often the prices are less with ez air, but not always, and should compare prices direct, etc.

I am such a control freak, that I prefer to purchase tickets with airlines directly-- the one time I booked with Expedia to save $20- They screwed up my seating so badly-- bottom line- never again----

OK: For those of you in the know: We always fly either Jet Blue or Delta. We also will only fly comfort plus/extra space, whatever the most comfortable in coach- can't stand being squooshed---- Here is what I am trying to understand, should we use ez air----

From above comments: If using ez air, it is better to do flexible fare and check constantly to rebook as fair goes down in price? But if booking comfort plus, it requires paying upfront, so that you can choose your seats on Delta website? I'm real picky and want to pick the seats as soon as flight is shown. On Delta website, how do you do this, as it says you need to purchase comfort seats directly- no upgrade from cheaper seats?

It seems from comments, that the ez air is only easier if booking the cheap seats or business class? I understand that often the prices are less with ez air, but not always, and should compare prices direct, etc.

I always flew jetblue and purchased the extra legroom seats. Im 6'3" tall. Now I love EZ Air. The flexable pricing is wonderful. If you monitor the pricing as I do--you can beat anything found on airline sites. I have free money left in my jetblue account. Its use or lose, I'll probably lose it.

Not only do I like the EZ Air pricing, I like the locked in pricing without payment upfront. And as you know when you see the price you like, you don't need to monitor any more....Why not then call the airline and pay the extra $$ for the roomy seat you prefer? My 2 cruises this year using EZ Air savings allowed me to pay for my gratuities. You'll have a airline booking number, you should be able to pay for a seat upgrade. Most 'extra room' seats on 3 hour or less flights don't usually book quickly......Just my opinion.....Happy sailing.

Edited by blkspy

Can only speak to Delta and United. I book EZair and monitor their prices till final payment. I also monitor the seating chart for my flights to make sure the Comfort Plus seats are not being taken. So far there has been plenty of choices left when my final payment is due. When I select my flight, I will also select regular coach seats and Have Princess add those seats to my flight booking. Delta and United will not let me select or pay for the Comfort Plus seats until the flights have been ticketed. I Made final payment on 26 April for Cruise and the Delta flight that is on 4 August. Today I faxed in my request for early ticketing to Princess. Once Princess issues the "real" ticket I will not be able to take advantage of any lower prices that might occur. I will check with Princess in a few days to see if the tickets have been issued. Once they are, I will call Delta and select and pay for the ComfornPlus seats.

Can only speak to Delta and United. I book EZair and monitor their prices till final payment. I also monitor the seating chart for my flights to make sure the Comfort Plus seats are not being taken. So far there has been plenty of choices left when my final payment is due. When I select my flight, I will also select regular coach seats and Have Princess add those seats to my flight booking. Delta and United will not let me select or pay for the Comfort Plus seats until the flights have been ticketed. I Made final payment on 26 April for Cruise and the Delta flight that is on 4 August. Today I faxed in my request for early ticketing to Princess. Once Princess issues the "real" ticket I will not be able to take advantage of any lower prices that might occur. I will check with Princess in a few days to see if the tickets have been issued. Once they are, I will call Delta and select and pay for the ComfornPlus seats.

Sounds reasonable. Thanks. You've explained things nicely. :)

Ok. How about this scenario. I have not used EZ so I am thinking, if I book easy air and the price is cheaper than Delta ( my preferred airline); I am Platnium with Delta so there is no charge for economy plus. What if I book with EZ Air. Use my Skymiles number then upgrade to economy plus; or can I not pick my seat upgrade until payment is made? Second question. It seems you guys book flex fare with EZ air. Is this correct?

Ok. How about this scenario. I have not used EZ so I am thinking, if I book easy air and the price is cheaper than Delta ( my preferred airline); I am Platnium with Delta so there is no charge for economy plus. What if I book with EZ Air. Use my Skymiles number then upgrade to economy plus; or can I not pick my seat upgrade until payment is made? Second question. It seems you guys book flex fare with EZ air. Is this correct?

Yes I book the Flex Fare. Delta told me that I couldn't upgrade to Comfort Plus until Princess ticketed my flights (paid and issued me an eticket #). You could check with Delta to see if they would ok Comfort Plus seats based on your Platinum status before you actually have a ticketed (paid for) flight reservation.

I sent my request for early ticketing to Princess yesterday and just now contacted Delta to upgrade and pay for our Comfort Plus seats.

We have seats for this fall that dropped by more than half, saving us $400pp. They have gone back up now, but I watch daily and grab any savings when they appear. Thats the beauty of flexible fares.

Can I still use EZ-Air if I book my cruise with a travel agent?

How does it work? I don't have any upcoming cruises that I can test it out on. Do I simply go into my Cruise Personalizer to check on EZ-Air fares?

Maybe this is covered in this thread, but I only got about 2/3rds thru it.

TIA

Can I still use EZ-Air if I book my cruise with a travel agent?

How does it work? I don't have any upcoming cruises that I can test it out on. Do I simply go into my Cruise Personalizer to check on EZ-Air fares?

Maybe this is covered in this thread, but I only got about 2/3rds thru it.

TIA

Simply go into the website and do a mock booking. When you get to the screen where it asks for you to choose a cabin category (inside, outside, etc), there is a box which says "Flight Quotes".

Simply go into the website and do a mock booking. When you get to the screen where it asks for you to choose a cabin category (inside, outside, etc), there is a box which says "Flight Quotes".

Thanks, but I've already done that.

My question is if I book with a travel agent, do I add the EZ-Air on after the cruise is booked?

My question is if I book with a travel agent, do I add the EZ-Air on after the cruise is booked?

Your travel agent can add EZ air after the cruise is booked. I'm booked for a 2017 BI cruise and air isn't even available yet. But, I will add it once it comes out.

When EZ Air becomes available for your booking, you can contact Princess and they will add it to your booking. You can contact Princess anytime you want to take advantage of a price drop for your selected flight or have Princess cancel and book another flight if you like the airline or schedule or price better than what you currently have.

If you will be flying international, you can have Princess change you departing airport so you can fly out of an airport that is not your home airport. We do this so when we are flying east, we can overnight in California before the long flight to AU or SE Asia. We book the domestic flight ourselves and then use EZ Air for the international flight.

No need to have your TA be the "middle man" in making or changing your EZ air flights. Make the calls yourself.

Edited by coo359a2

With the EZ-Air flexible fares, is the price locked in against any price increase. I've read about getting lower prices, but haven't seen anything if price goes up.

My flex air prices that have gone lower have never increased. My 4 Aug flight had about 3 price drops to a low of around $560. Now same flight on EZ Air is over $1100. I only paid the $560. You can also cancel and rebook the flight to get a different airline or change the airport where you have a layover.