Tell me why I'm going to love a 4 day cruise

4 days??? We've done 10, 9, 7 days.....but 4??? I'm worried I'll want more! I know vacation is NEVER long enough but please assure me we are going to enjoy a short cruise just as much as a longer one. I keep looking at the longer cruises and it's really just sea days but I like sea days. :o I picked this particular cruise because the airfare was cheap I want to go to Key west and it coincides with my bday ( I always said when I turn 50 I want to be sitting under a palm tree with a frozen drink in my hand!)

Think of it as a nice 4 day break...rather than a "cruise". The only difference, your hotel will just happen to be a cruise ship.

That's what my wife and I thought when we booked the Ovation Of The Seas 5-nighter (which was meant to be her Inaugural cruise). We often do short 3-4 day breaks in the UK, so we booked this with the same mentality.

They then added a 3 nighter before our cruise, so we booked that too - turning our 5 night "break" into a 8 night cruise. :)

4 days??? We've done 10, 9, 7 days.....but 4??? I'm worried I'll want more! I know vacation is NEVER long enough but please assure me we are going to enjoy a short cruise just as much as a longer one. I keep looking at the longer cruises and it's really just sea days but I like sea days. :o I picked this particular cruise because the airfare was cheap I want to go to Key west and it coincides with my bday ( I always said when I turn 50 I want to be sitting under a palm tree with a frozen drink in my hand!)

You have given yourself all the reasons you made the decision on a 4 day cruise, and when it gets here just plan on enjoying it. Each day will be filled with fun things to do. Relax and enjoy.....I surmise you were unable to take more days off or the prices were higher than you wanted....and you chose this cruise...enjoy it!

You probably will want more, since you have already done longer cruises....so book another one onboard to look forward to.

We cruise as a family for between 10-14 days in the summer which I love, but I equally enjoy our annual 4 night cruise which we have every October, when we leave the teens at home and have a great time with a group of friends. And while it definitely does leave us wanting more, I see that as a positive as it means I never stop being excited about our annual mini break. It can be hard to feel you have experienced all that the ship has to offer in such a short break, which is what we found with Anthem last October, however we usually sail on Independence and we feel right at home as soon as we step on board as we have got to know her well, which helps. We will be on Indy for 4 nights this October, and Navigator in Oct 2017 but I gather they are fairly similar ships so I'm sure it won't take long to settle in![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I know we will have a great time! We've done long weekend land vacations and I enjoy that very much! I just LOVE cruising so much I'm afraid I'll regret not booking the longer cruise. It's certainly not the end of the world LOL and it'll give me an excuse to book another! ;)

You're right! It's better than being at work!! :cool:

I'm the opposite from most folks (don't say it Bob;)). I actually prefer the shorter 4 or 5 days cruises vs. longer ones. Not sure why that is.

I also prefer the shorter cruises. So much easier to pack, I can do self-embark instead of waiting in long lines with my luggage, I haven't run out of energy before the cruise is over, and little time off work. I might feel differently if I only cruised once or twice a year.

I like your reason for doing it. Go & enjoy your birthday.

Edited by reallyhooked