Reservations for Entertainment

Hi! I'm new to cruising and was wondering how far before my cruise will I be able to make reservations for shows.

Depending on your cruise ship, there may not be advance reservations for shows. Currently, only Oasis and Quantum classes have advance reservations, and there is no set time for those to open. Keep checking your cruise planner.

Thanks! We will be going on the Harmony of the Seas, so we'll be able to make reservations ahead of time. I thought it was around a year beforehand, but I have heard different things. I'll just keep checking everyday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks! We will be going on the Harmony of the Seas, so we'll be able to make reservations ahead of time. I thought it was around a year beforehand, but I have heard different things. I'll just keep checking everyday.

A year is pretty far in advance for entertainment, judging from the reports. You may also want to keep a watch on your roll call. Many times the opening of various reservations is announced there.

Hi! I'm new to cruising and was wondering how far before my cruise will I be able to make reservations for shows.

for our Oasis cruise the onboard entertainment reservations were not available until about 45 days prior to departure.

My understanding is 90 days prior to cruise for those ships requiring reserves for entertainment. This timeline worked for my Quantum and recent Oasis cruise.

Ps. Make sure if you make reservations via your cruise planner, that you exit via a pay page/screen, even though no payment is required. Plus, you will get e-mail confirm from RCL. Print the e-mail confirmation as proof, in case of any problems. I made the mistake of assuming that the show/entertainment placed in my cart was actual confirmation, but in reality were not.

We are waiting to reserve our Harmony shows for June 26, 2016 and was told between 60-90 days from the cruise.

I just looked at my email confirmations from RCI, they're dated Jan 16. My sail date is June 11 on Oasis. Obviously it varies. I would check frequently since there's no way of knowing when they'll open. If you wait for RCI to tell you, you might miss the best days and times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In the last weeks before this cruise on Anthem, Royal was changing on show times on us. Get on board and check our calendar, shows have been switched back to the original times!

So my advice is to check your reservations once on board!

Oh yeah, our first restaurant didn't have our reservation, either. It was so early there was no problem seating us. [emoji57]

I have also been checking on my cruise planner for booking entertainment for our cruise on Harmony on 10th July. As this will be our first cruise on Royal Caribbean can anyone tell me how many shows are performed each evening and the times of the shows. I have already made our dining reservations for each night and most of my reservations are around 8pm as I am doing anytime dining. I hope the dining times I have reserved will allow us to see some entertainment / shows afterwards.

Di

Reservation opening could be taking longer because it's a brand new ship and they are still getting their act together.

I see what you did there. Intentional or unintentional pun with respect to booking the entertainment shows in advance? :D