Riviera Inside Cabin

deus

I am thinking of booking an inside cabin and could only find one review. It is said it was across from of a generator area and the cabin had noise in it for 12 hours a day. Does anyone have any personal experience in an inside cabin that can give some information on what to expect.

Thank you!

I am thinking of booking an inside cabin and could only find one review. It is said it was across from of a generator area and the cabin had noise in it for 12 hours a day. Does anyone have any personal experience in an inside cabin that can give some information on what to expect.

Thank you!

I would be okay in an inside on Riviera. Don't think I would like it on their smaller R ships.

Edited by cruisingxpert

I would be okay in an inside on Riviera. Don't think I would like it on their smaller R ships.

Been on everything from a Penthouse to an inside.... nothing wrong with thin quiet and comfy.

In fact, on the R ships if you book an inside your on the same deck with the penthouses, outstanding locations and your cabin is only 5 square feet smaller than a veranda cabin...... Went to alaska with an inside ,,,best ever on Regatta, Going to Tahiti too in one... good storage, , need to see outside...turn on the TV or go out on deck its 1 deck up !!!!

Not a thing wrong with then....

I have personal experience as we just recently spent 32 days in an inside on Marina. Ours was on deck 9 and I have no complaints at all. Other than not having natural light we were just fine in it. Being centered in the ship there was minimal movement in rough seas. I do prefer a balcony, but due to the length of the cruise it was a cost saving measure. We would do it again if the situation called for it.

Since we don't know which one you are looking we can't speak to the generator noise you refer to.

One thing to bear in mind is that the bed was positioned starboard to port, as opposed to aft to stern which I think most other beds are. This makes a difference in the rocking motion when there is movement.

Thank you for all your comments. The review I read was on the Riviera, inside G that the person said they were adjacent to a generator area. It was noisy for 12 hours a day. On the deck plans to has blank white space so I was curious as to what was in that area.

Thank you for all your comments. The review I read was on the Riviera, inside G that the person said they were adjacent to a generator area. It was noisy for 12 hours a day. On the deck plans to has blank white space so I was curious as to what was in that area.

I booked an inside in Marina on Wednesday and read about noise on the end Cabins. We grabbed 8086 which is between two cabins instead.

Thank you!

The first two cruises we took were insides .I thought it was fine . A generator being noisy could be trouble .I can't tell you about that .But it's quiet , dark , and we slept very well .Cost savings is nothing to sneeze at .Most ships have a deck camera .Not all that much to see on the open sea . Lots of water . :p:p You can go on deck to see , any time . All other services are the same as any where else on the ship . If there is rough or cold weather , a balcony becomes useless anyway . I'd do it again , but the boss sees things differently .

Thanks for your input everyone! We will be in a balcony this summer on Insignia but I have been thinking about a world cruise so I thought we would try an inside in March. We were in a mini suite on Princess and it was noisy constantly. We must have been near something may be it was a generator. Very annoying - so I am kind of leary of "white spaces" on deck plans.

Thanks

Thanks for your input everyone! We will be in a balcony this summer on Insignia but I have been thinking about a world cruise so I thought we would try an inside in March. We were in a mini suite on Princess and it was noisy constantly. We must have been near something may be it was a generator. Very annoying - so I am kind of leary of "white spaces" on deck plans.

Thanks

Hi Deus -

Everyone has to do what they need based on frequency of cruising and budget restrictions. 30 years ago when my son was small and we didn't have much time off of work nor much discretionary income, we booked interior cabins and were thrilled to have them. Back then, most cruise lines had a lot of interior, lower cabins. On one trip, we stayed in a Windjammer Barefoot cruise cabin the size of a closet, that had to be accessed by a ladder, with bunk beds only... but oh my, what a great, great itinerary to teeny, unknown, rainforest islands in the lower, lower, lower Caribbean! As time went on, and we had a little more money to spend, we worked our way up from small port holes to larger windows, to balcony cabins and finally to suites. Today, it seems that the majority of most cabins are balconies, because that is what everyone wants. That is certainly true of Oceania.

With all that said, I will tell you this... once you have had a balcony, you will not want to go back to an interior cabin. Especially for a long world cruise.

The first two cruises we took were insides .I thought it was fine . A generator being noisy could be trouble .I can't tell you about that .But it's quiet , dark , and we slept very well .Cost savings is nothing to sneeze at .Most ships have a deck camera .Not all that much to see on the open sea . Lots of water . :p:p You can go on deck to see , any time . All other services are the same as any where else on the ship . If there is rough or cold weather , a balcony becomes useless anyway . I'd do it again , but the boss sees things differently .

It would seem that not being able to see outside when the seas are rough would make you seasick since you are feeling motion but can't equate it by seeing the motion. Somehow staring at the TV for what the deck camera sees or going to an outside public area when you aren't feeling well doesn't seem like the answer.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

We have had both veranda cabins and inside cabins. Taking cost into account, I much prefer an inside cabin. The veranda is fine if it is warm out and not too windy but there are lots of days when that is not true. Also lots of days when the scenery is actually on the other side of the ship or the ship is docked and the only view is of the veranda on the ship next door.

I am very prone to seasickness. If I am not actually on the veranda, I need to be facing away from the veranda doors or keep the curtains drawn. Watching the horizon go up and down from inside the cabin will definitely make me sick. I once read a review by someone who had a window cabin near the waterline. He said it was like being inside of a washing machine. I would definitely take an inside over a window.

The inside cabin is in the center of the ship and motion is much less noticeable. It is also very quiet and very dark. We find ourselves sleeping longer unless we set an alarm. It is very restful. I'm not sure why but I never feel seasick in an inside cabin even when it is rough out. Maybe because there is no "point of reference" that is not moving right along with me.

After reading about the noro problems on Riviera, I do wonder what it would be like to be quarantined in an inside cabin, however.

Mary

I am also proned to motion sickness - I even get it when I am snorkelling. What a pain that is. I don't think I will have a problem in an inside as long as it is not near any loud noises. My husband on the other hand doesn't think he wants to travel in the closet. He will go along with me and we will give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Never been on Riviera, but have been on Marina, sister ship. Often been in an inside cabin, both on her and her smaller sisters. Have never heard a thing. Love the inside cabins. Other than not having a view to the outside (only on TV, viewing the view posted from the web cam on the front of the ship) they are great.