Dress for Horizon Court or Carib Cafe

I am going to say that there doesn't seem to be a dress code for either!! So I guess you can do whatever is comfortable for you. Believe me, If I am wrong, we w icon_biggrin.gifill hear about it straight away!!

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

If you are coming from the pool area, you will need to wear a cover-up (or t-shirt w/swim trunks for men). Otherwise casual attire is fine in the Horizon Court.

Monarch 11/97

Elation 8/98

Mercury 8/00

Maasdam 7/02

Grand Princess 7/03

Island Princess 7/04

They have very polite signs posted at the entrances, reminding you that you are not to wear pool attire (bathing suits) in the Horizon Court. Everything else seemed like a go.

It's actually very funny to see the difference in attitudes from the first afternoon to the last morning in the Horizon Court - "confusion and hunger" to "depression and one last 'free' meal."

Future Booking - For 2005

Grand Princess - Western - 02/29/04

The sign on Diamond said "no beach attire please". Guess that meant no sand in my skivies.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Most people adhered to the "no beach attire" but its hard to do sometimes. On the Lido deck, that's is a straight shot thru Horizon Court to the aft elevators.

Personally, I don't mind seeing people walk thru that area to head to the pools, tank tops, etc. That being said, it wasn't quite right to walk thru the area in bikinis or Speedos. Just my opinion tho.

When I re-read that, it doesn't make sense, but I guess I would just hope people would be polite, since the people going between the buffet and tables have to cross the main pathway thru the area.

Caribbean Princess - 4/17/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

On the Star in Alaska last year, there wasn't any sort of code. We would head in there after swimming late at night with just shirts on, and wet swimsuits, and they didnt care at all as long as we sat on towels.

• 9 years later...
this is out first cruise and I was told no bathing suits in the horizon court on the Ruby. My husbands bathing suit looks like shorts will that be ok to wear with a t shirt?
Shoes and cover-up required. Cover-up can be a shirt, t-shirt, etc.

On the Ruby a couple weeks ago we saw people in the dining area in any attire - towels wrapped around bathing suits, bikini tops with a wrap, etc. they just weren't allowed to enter the food line area without a cover up.

We saw the maître d and the hand sanitizer guard both telling people they couldn't enter. We also saw the maître d totally ignore those with just towel wraps in the dining area.

If you have a damp bathing suit I would bring the food to the outside tables which have plastic chairs, and not wet down the padded ones in the Horizon Ct. itself. Just being polite to others. Also, there is the grill and pizza by the pool if you have wet suits.

Archived