Is the World Bar on Solstice yet?

GINNY L

I was wondering if anybody who recently just got off solstice could tell me if the World Bar is on Solstice yet? If so, was there a bar tender there named Ivan. He was on the Equinox World Bar and said he wanted to go on Solstice to open it up. He is a great bar tender so go visit him if the world bar has opened up.

I was wondering if anybody who recently just got off solstice could tell me if the World Bar is on Solstice yet? If so, was there a bar tender there named Ivan. He was on the Equinox World Bar and said he wanted to go on Solstice to open it up. He is a great bar tender so go visit him if the world bar has opened up.

we're on the Solstice now and it is still the Molecular Bar. Haven't had a drink there yet so I don't know who the bartender is

we're on the Solstice now and it is still the Molecular Bar. Haven't had a drink there yet so I don't know who the bartender is

Would you mind finding out when the bar will switch to World Class Bar? Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for taking the time to post. I really appreciate it.

if you get a chance find out if they have all of the drinks, i have heard that the boats that still have the molecular bar are running out of stuff...

also how is the internet, i guess it can't be terrible if you are on here, but that's just an assumption i'm making.

Got off Solstice just over a week ago.

Molecular bar there but very quiet..never stopped for a drink. Solstice is due a refit later this year, could be they will make the change then...

Wifi slow, not the ship (according to the Captain) but our location.... (South Pacific).

Have a great cruise, Ginny L!

How odd - we found Ivan (pronounced, as he in no uncertain terms told us, in a rude and blunt manner "E-van" not "I-Van"):eek: to be one of the rudest bar tenders we have come across,

Perhaps he had a bad day - no week - no it was two weeks we were on Equinox - but he sure was upset about something.

Perhaps it was because there was rarely anyone at his bar - (or was there rarely anyone at his bar because of the grumpy barman) - who knows.

There was a Johnnie Walker drink I liked there so would stop by for one.

He was a very odd guy - We are great folk, humourous - generous and always treat crew with great respect -

And yet - this guy just rubbed us way up the wrong way - he did a lot of "sighing" and "I don't have that ingredient rolleyeing" -

Out of all the bartenders I am truly surprised to find praise being sung for this guy -..

Now - had it been Caitlin at the Martini Bar :D now there IS a great bartender!

Actually I am hoping Solstice in May still has the Molecular Bar - we didn't get a chance to try it was Equinox last October had already switched to World Class. TBH I found a lot of the world class drinks to be too sweet and too much simple syrup used in them.

Hoping to experience the Molecular if we can.

So glad "Ivan with an "E" has at least one fan in the world :)

Edited by Blondie008

I want to try Molecular Bar with the Premium Beverage package before it totally disappears and becomes World Class bar in all ships. That is why I purposely chose Solstice for Alaska over all other ships this Sept before it goes to dry dock this Oct.

So very likely by October, after the dry dock, I anticipate that it will be changed to World Class bar.

Wondering where the Molecular Bar is located on the Solstice? I don't see on the deck plans. Thanks.

It's on deck 5. Slightly aft of the art gallery. If you look at the deck planes, it's the v shaped seating area near the art gallery.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Solstice a couple weeks ago for the Transpacific cruise and spent time every night at the Molecular Bar. At the start of the cruise the bartenders were Loida and Darko. Due to an unfortunate circumstance, Loida had to go home mid cruise. There were two pages of drinks, one was from the previous menus and the other was listed as Loida's Favorites. From the second page, we liked the Velvet Revolver the best.

As the cruise progressed, there were about 10-12 of us who were there every night.

Darko said that the switch over to World Class will be sometime in May. We have made a few of the World Class cocktails at home using the recipes that have been posted and have been underwhelmed. Going to miss the Molecular Bar :(

Loved molecular bar on solstice this past week, and loida+darko were awesome.

Long live molecular bar!

Oh FAB! Going on solstice in a couple of weeks - we missed out trying the Molecular Bar on Equinox - it had already changed to World Class which was a total washout - cannot wait to try out Molecular - at least I will get to experience it!

• 10 months later...

Any update on this question above? We will be on the Solstice April 20, 2017 for 18 nights and was curious if this has changed yet after the refurb last year(2016). Thanks.

Any update on this question above? We will be on the Solstice April 20, 2017 for 18 nights and was curious if this has changed yet after the refurb last year(2016). Thanks.

It was on the Solstice in Sept. I have no idea about Ivan.

Molecular was better.

World Bar. I found a menu for the World Bar and the drinks start from $15.00 and the Premium Package only covers up to $13.00 is this correct. I know you have to pay the difference plust the 18% which is ludicrous. Do many people go into the World Bars. Many Thanks

World Bar. I found a menu for the World Bar and the drinks start from $15.00 and the Premium Package only covers up to $13.00 is this correct. I know you have to pay the difference plust the 18% which is ludicrous. Do many people go into the World Bars. Many Thanks

On our last two Eclipse cruises (in the past 14 months) we have had the Premium Package and tried a few of the World Class bar concoctions (not impressed). The bar tenders have never asked us to pay the small overage (from the Premium Package max)...and in fact...never even mentioned the subject. Not sure if this is policy, if the bar tenders just happened to like us, or did not want to be bothered. We simply followed the don't ask, don't tell rule. In simple terms we just do not bring up the subject. I should also mention that on our visits to the World Bar,.,.the venue is usually empty (on several occasions we were the only customers (in the early evening) and we think the bar tender was grateful to have something to do :). We have suggested (in our comments to Celebrity) that they really need to revamp the World Bar menus...and expand the drink options.

Hank

I loved Ivan on the Equinox! He was such a nice guy and made fantastic cocktails!

The menu that you found must have been one that the prices include the gratuity. On our recent cruises all but two of the drinks were within the $13 Premium price limit.

My DW and I actually like the new WCB better than the previous Molecular Bar.