AIBP Points

Tedferg

I know this has been done to death, but here is a couple of thoughts.

1) Sail Away day is counted as a 'day' - no big deal, but seems like half a day - I guess I will count that as a Port Day in evaluator spreadsheet.

2) If just DH has the package - DW wants a Mojito and DH wants a beer - how do they decide which drink to charge for ? Do you present both cards or just one and ask waiter to charge one drink ?

Forgive me for these idle thoughts - I was playing with the spreadsheet and surprised that on a 10 day cruise with 5 Sea Days, it is not too hard for me to justify AIBP. 40% off on DW's bottles of wine equates to roughly $5/glass instead of $7.95.

1) Sail Away day is counted as a 'day' - no big deal, but seems like half a day - I guess I will count that as a Port Day in evaluator spreadsheet.

2) If just DH has the package - DW wants a Mojito and DH wants a beer - how do they decide which drink to charge for ? Do you present both cards or just one and ask waiter to charge one drink ?

Forgive me for these idle thoughts - I was playing with the spreadsheet and surprised that on a 10 day cruise with 5 Sea Days, it is not too hard for me to justify AIBP. 40% off on DW's bottles of wine equates to roughly $5/glass instead of $7.95.

you will present both cards and they will ask who gets what and charge for appropriate drink. The 40 % off is a good deal. Also you can bring one bottle of wine p/p and bring to what every venue you will drink in and be charged corkage fee and DW can start there with wine. We usually go to vines before dinner. DH gets package and DW drinks bottles brought on ship and drinks till gone. ( vines holds bottle for us) then we purchase wine at 40 % off for DW and leave in vines to partake each night. If we bring more bottles' of wine over the 2 p/p it is still a good deal with corkage fee. We have some favorite wines not carried by ship.

Sail away starts package and you would pay for the 1o days.... so start as soon as you get on ship after purchase of package.

Welcome drink, sail away drink or two , wine with dinner specialty coffee, night cap, bottled water or soda and you will have it!

Package is charged by nights, not days - just like cruise fares. A 7-night cruise technically covers 8 days, but it's not sold or charged as an 8 day cruise - it's a 7 night. That's how your package will be charged. It works from the time you buy it till bar/restaurant closes on disembarkation day.

As for one with package one without - easiest to give both cards to the person getting the drinks. The drink package card will get swiped for that drink order and the other card will be charged for that order. If DH only takes one card, they'll swipe for his order and then reswipe and charge for your drink...it's a little extra number punching for the bartender, but no big deal. Easiest - just go together and get your drinks separate - but for those times only he goes, see above..

The very generous discount on bottles of $100 or less is great for those who don't drink much but do enjoy a glass of wine occasionally - works well for a couple to share only that portion...

Hope that helps. Happy sails.

Just tell them which drink is for the AIBP.

(I would pick the more expensive of the two.)

You are able to buy the AIBP on Day 2. I've done that 2 times. The first time on the Crown I was not charged for Day 1. On the Ruby I was charged for Day 1, but the server didn't seem the sharpest knife in the drawer and I didn't check until too late. So based on my limited sample I'd say it is one of those poorly documented items and Guest Services needs to be visited if charged for Day 1 when bought on Day 2.

You are able to buy the AIBP on Day 2. I've done that 2 times. The first time on the Crown I was not charged for Day 1. On the Ruby I was charged for Day 1, but the server didn't seem the sharpest knife in the drawer and I didn't check until too late. So based on my limited sample I'd say it is one of those poorly documented items and Guest Services needs to be visited if charged for Day 1 when bought on Day 2.

I think you got lucky the Tim you weren't charged for day 1.

Well that's hi I rea the conditions anyway.

Day 1 is from approx 1pm on boarding day to 1pm the next day, and so on. On a 7 day cruise, day 7 is from 1pm on the next to last day until around 9am on disembark day. So you are on board 4 to 5 hours less than a full seven days, and yes there are a few bars open in the morning of disembark day should you want a drink.

Just tell them which drink is for the AIBP.

(I would pick the more expensive of the two.)

Hmmm I was thinking about that - is it 'sharing' if I charge the Mojito to AIBP but drink the beer ? Will I get caught ?;)

Hmmm I was thinking about that - is it 'sharing' if I charge the Mojito to AIBP but drink the beer ? Will I get caught ?;)

Of course its sharing but you will only get caught if you put it in print on a Cruise message board. (the last bit is a joke!, hahaha)

Of course its sharing but you will only get caught if you put it in print on a Cruise message board. (the last bit is a joke!, hahaha)

I claim the Fifth Amendment ! BTW do you support Leicester City ?

I claim the Fifth Amendment ! BTW do you support Leicester City ?

West Bromwich Albion actually but most fans of the none big clubs want Leicester to do iit.I was a little upset that they couldn't beat us 5 games ago!:)

West Bromwich Albion actually but most fans of the none big clubs want Leicester to do iit.I was a little upset that they couldn't beat us 5 games ago!:)

We are transplants from Liverpool back in 1967 but still Reds Fans!

Why are West Brom called Baggies ?

We are transplants from Liverpool back in 1967 but still Reds Fans!

Why are West Brom called Baggies ?

2 theories on that.

In the 'olden' days the turnstile operators walked around the pitch and people used to say here come the Baggies ( ie the bags of cash!) and it was misunderstood, however the more likely is that we were one of the last Teams to switch from the very long shorts in the 60's, hence we became known as 'The Baggies' They then made a come back and now are getting shorter again!

The actual nickname is the Throstles!, but everyone round here calls them The Baggies!:confused:

We are up for a relegation for The Villa Party on Saturday, should happen (just) before we kick off!

Edited by SWORRUB1

You may be right. There is nothing in the Terms and Conditions about buying on Day 2 - only the flyer on the ship and no more is said.

There is no pro-rating so you got lucky. It should be number of days of cruise. I was pleasantly surprised that I could use it the last morning. Kahlua in the coffee and a tequila sunrise because it was morning :D. My grandson was equally happy to have just one more hot chocolate and Shirley Temple.