Liberty vs. Oasis/Allure

So we have been on Oasis and Allure with kids. Usually there is two families that go consisting of two kids per family. Age ranges currently for the kids are 8-17. We are booked for Liberty this December. My worry is the kids won't have as much fun on Liberty with the differences in the ship(Ok and the adults as well).....Anyone been on both ships with kids? Are we going to be disappointed with the size difference? Keep in mind the kids never go to kids club or teen club so I am not worried about that aspect. Are we going to be disappointed with no boardwalk etc like on Oasis?

I really like the Freedom class ships. The only things I miss from Oasis/Allure when on the Freedom triplets is the Aqua Theater (I love the water shows) and the Solarium Cafe for breakfast. Notice I say they are missed but I did not say we are disappointed not to have them. We know they won't be there before we even step foot on the ship.

The key is to be excited about what you do have available to you and not be thinking about the things that are not there. Liberty is a great ship for families.

Besides the zipline and carousel missing, I don't think the kids will notice much difference. Liberty has a much better mini-golf than Oasis/Allure now.

Did the mini-golf change on Liberty with the recent changes? (I've only been on Freedom) I did hate that the golf balls on Allure are nerf type and not real golf balls.

Yes, the mini golf is brand new. It's been getting some good reviews. The kids pool area is also brand new. 2 water slides. The sports deck is pretty nice too if the kids are into that. Although we really enjoyed our Oasis cruise, we prefer Freedom and Voyager class ships.

Did the mini-golf change on Liberty with the recent changes? (I've only been on Freedom) I did hate that the golf balls on Allure are nerf type and not real golf balls.

They made a brand new mini-golf on top of the new staterooms on deck 12. From what I've seen, it's the nicest mini-golf on any Royal ship.

Hi,

Even though I don't have any children, I agree that the Freedom class ships would be great for families. I have cruised aboard the Liberty of the Seas twice as well as the Independence of the Seas. Although these ships are not as large as the Allure or Oasis, they are still large ships with a very wide variety of public areas and activities.

Chuck

Yes, the mini golf is brand new. It's been getting some good reviews. The kids pool area is also brand new. 2 water slides. The sports deck is pretty nice too if the kids are into that. Although we really enjoyed our Oasis cruise, we prefer Freedom and Voyager class ships.

Thanks, I'm still up in the air for a 2018 cruise, we have family in Houston and I would consider sailing Liberty out of Galveston if that is still an option.

I cruised Liberty last year to Bermuda out of NJ, it was a nice ship with many activities. (I should note that this was just before her dry-dock), that being said I thought it was a great ship.

On the Oasis for the first time coming in October, I'm hoping its about the same, but only time will tell.