Just off Carnival Breeze...disappointed

trpschick

I appreciate your detail, when someone says the food was bad, I am always wondering what about it did you not like.

I often find that any restaurant is just luck of the draw. It just so depends on who is on the end of the spatula, but Carnival food quality has certainly gone down hill. The last steak I ordered in the MDR was a complete waste of time, not only had they cooked it to the point of no longer being a steak, but the cut of the meat was too tough to even chew.

Just like every company in the world seems to be now days, Carnival is trying to squeeze every penny they can from an interaction.

I love the fresh options much more...I never eat those scrambled eggs onboard. YUCK. I opt for either boiled eggs and fruit or an omelet made fresh. I prefer Mongolian at lunch because it's made fresh with things I like. MDR I manage to make myself find something by ordering two entrees..most of the time everyone shares so we don't waste and we find something we like. You'd think with all the food waste they'd figure out to go fresh prepared vs. Boxed/prepackaged tasteless crap. Either that or they make the poor employees eat it.

What ARE those scrambled eggs on the buffet?? Never eat them. I get a soft scrambled egg (very hard to do) made at the omelet station or an over easy. Wish they had the link sausage daily instead of hot dogs cut up or some other gross type of sausage. Bacon is rubber, not crisp. The BLT from room service is usually good but once I got it on white bread, not toasted.

Wow,I know the old saying,"one man's junk is another man's treasure" and this applies in my opinion, I was on that same cruise and you dont have to eat the same thing everyday. Did you try Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ,it was great,as for the wait for omellettes,you do know there were 3600 people on board,we never waited more than 10-15 min,it seems more and more people want Carnival prices but Disney service,you tried Guy's but did you try Blue Iguana Cafe? It was like going to Chipolte.The Breeze was a clear breath of fresh air from the other Carnival ships,the decor and the many choices of food. sorry for the rant but I just didnt see all of the "terrible things" on that same cruise.

Edited by rooster1961

The only complaint I have about Breeze is the floor in the buffet is soooooo slippery. Sunshine on the other hand, I could go on all day.

Food is subjective so I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I avoid the buffet as much as possible.

Edited by Jenhem31

We were on the Glory in March and I completely agree about the food. Guys, The Blue Iguana, and the Pizza were good, but everything else was really pretty bad.

I am not foodie and honestly don't have high expectations, but we the buffet and the MDR were very subpar.

This cruise was our first in 4 years and it was so different and the cutbacks were pretty evident.

• 9 months later...
Thanks for coming back to clarify that. You must have been busy the last 13 months.:p

Bill

:'):'):') I really should pay more attention because I know the "post police" carefully scrutinize everything anyone says if it isn't positive and just for the record, I am honest about my personal experience and actually it's too bad for those who just can't accept that everyone doesn't always have the same experience.

There's not a whole lot to love with Carnival buffet food. I'll look at the carving station first and try to build a plate of food around that. On our recent Breeze cruise I found myself at Pizza Pirate more than anyplace for lunch.

Dinner found us three times at the MDR, once at the steakhouse, once at the Italian place and once at Chef's Table. I believe we ate at the buffet for dinner once, too.

I'm sorry to say I'm getting quite tired of Carnival's food. I'm really looking forward to the cruises I have booked on other lines because everything on the menus will seem brand new to me.

I hear you I am going to branch out and try another line just for comparison purposes, I have found that some Carnival ships have better food than the others, just my opinion. I just got off the Sunshine and the food was actually better than it was on the Breeze last year. I'm still not a fan of all of the "sauces" they like to drown their meat in though :')

Have to agree with the comments on the Beeze Pretty Bad. Black Soot all over the back aft balcony also. The food was pathetic. Going NCL to Alaska next. Carnival you failed.

Have fun on ncl (Alias nickel and dime). I have sailed 4 times on the Breeze and never knew that they cooked on the back aft balcony, go figure.

Sent from my iPhone

:'):'):') I really should pay more attention because I know the "post police" carefully scrutinize everything anyone says if it isn't positive and just for the record, I am honest about my personal experience and actually it's too bad for those who just can't accept that everyone doesn't always have the same experience.

I know. If you are calling me the Carnival police you are way off base there.

I was just playfully teasing you about the time you posted in between your first post, thus my emoticon.:)

We were on the Breeze last summer. Here is my comments on your comments:

"The breakfast buffet had a variety but was the same every single day" - This is too funny. Sounds like something Yogi Berra would say.

"the scrambled eggs were the equivalent of a sponge and completely inedible' - Yeah Carnival, Eggs and Buffet is always a bad combination. Those egg beaters or whatever they use are horrible.

"breakfast meats were greasy" - This is redundant.

"The Omelette station was pretty much the only place to actually get "fresh" tasting eggs" - Agree.

"The Omelettes were very very good and worth the wait!" - But yet you complained about the long line?

I don't understand why Carnival has resorted to covering every cut of meat or meat dish in some kind of sauce" - They do not. There is usually big hunk of meat being carved right in front of your eyes in the middle of the buffet. No sauce on that. Straight up meat homey!

The Guy's burgers were pretty much the lunch time go to place. I remember the days of the lido grill with the grilled hamburgers and hot dogs available all afternoon and wish that were still an option" - Um...Guys "took over" the grill location. Cannot have it all.

I had ordered the beef tenderloin cooked medium rare and it was fatty, grizzly and hard to chew" - Agree. Carnival is always hit or miss with the beef...which is why I would never go to the steakhouse ..too risky!,

I have seen the complaint before that the buffet choices at breakfast did not change. Not sure what else they could include.

While its true that most of the meat dishes in the buffet are swimming in some kind of gloppy mess, there is always a carving station.

We eat in the buffet ONLY on mornings when we need to be off the ship quickly, otherwise its the mdr, Blue Iguana etc.

I was just playfully teasing you about the time you posted in between your first post, thus my emoticon.:)

I always thought of you as head cheerleader....:D

...and was originally the Homeric for Home Lines. It was stretched to become the Westerdam, and was featured in the 1997 movie "Out to Sea" starring Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau.

I loved that ship!

Thanks for your honest opinion. I agree that buffets on ships have really gone downhill. Even on our last cruise, aboard a Disney ship, the buffets were disappointing after the first day. Time to choose other options!

I always love it when someone posts a negative opinion (which is fine BTW) and someone chimes in with thanks for your honest opinion.... Which of course makes all others (implies as non negative) dis-honest.:cool:

I recently spoke to someone who has been on the Splendor and she told that she was totally disappointed in the food. Same food every day. My last cruise on Carnival was back in 2014 on the Sunshine, and I ate every night in one of the specialties restaurant and it was a great experience.

NO NO NO! I wasn't calling you the thread police! I thought it was funny what you said! I was talking about other comments and threads that I have seen throughout the site at different times. I believe someone in the early parts of the thread accused me of being a troll and called for an investigation or something. :)