How RCI price 3rd and 4th guest?

Hi,

Does anyone know how RCI set the price for the 3rd and 4th guest? I'm looking at 2 very similar cruises a year apart, with same price for 1st and 2nd guest, but about 500$ more for the 3rd and 4th guest each. And that is the price before applying all the savings!!

For the first cruise, the price of 3rd guest is roughly 40% of the 1st, and for the second cruise, it is 60%! What are the logics here?

Wilson

Hi,

Does anyone know how RCI set the price for the 3rd and 4th guest? I'm looking at 2 very similar cruises a year apart, with same price for 1st and 2nd guest, but about 500$ more for the 3rd and 4th guest each. And that is the price before applying all the savings!!

For the first cruise, the price of 3rd guest is roughly 40% of the 1st, and for the second cruise, it is 60%! What are the logics here?

Wilson

The logic is to get the highest price possible.

So there's no rule of thumb here to determine the price of extra guests... I was under the impression that they are at a fixed percentage of first guests. How wrong I was... :(

I've seen 3rd and 4th guests priced over $1000 and within $100 of first 2 guests fare. It was actually cheaper to get 2 balconies than it was to get 1 thanks to the C&A discount.

Actually I believe Royal is learning from NCL. I never consider 4 people in one room when sailing with Royal because it's almost like booking 2 rooms . Instead NCL is real when they say the 3 and 4 passenger sail for free.

Now I see that Royal is offering the 3rd and 4th guest for $99 wow that's the first time I see that special. Is not free like NCL but we are heading in the right direction

99$? Wow where?

When there are 3 or 4 in the same room they are usually small kids. It's not like they cost a lot to the cruise company. I feel being ripped off when I have

to pay 1200$ for my 3 years old son.

I feel being ripped off when I have

to pay 1200$ for my 3 years old son.

But Adventure Ocean isn't cheap to run, and it's "free" (well, "included"). Your son is in the Aquanauts age (3-5) just like my daughter, and could literally spend 9+ hours each day in Adventure Ocean at no added cost (e.g. on a sea day from 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, and 19:00-22:00; or even longer than 9 hours with Adventure Dining from 17:00-19:00).

Adventure Ocean has dedicated spaces, dedicated staff, dedicated activities, etc. You may not use it much (or even at all), but it's there if you want to. So the money to pay for it has to come from somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like paying any more than I have to, either. Just trying to add some perspective on the cost for kids.

Some of the cruises out of Sydney Australia have been showing 3 and 4 at higher than twin for cruising over the new year time. I have seen this a couple of times lately and can only presume that RCI is finally trying to limit the way over the top amount of kids that have been making all school holiday cruising quite unpleasant lately. I don't want to get into a discussion about the good or bad of it, but seriously the numbers have been getting really high on some cruises for under 18s over the last few years. The thing that really caught my eye was the studio interior. Really? it was made for singles wasn't it? 2, 3 and 4? huh? :) This is from an un-named site of course, which in the past has had prices pretty close to RCI advertised prices. I can't say if these are the same though.

NYE%202016%20RCI%20oz.jpg

Some of the cruises out of Sydney Australia have been showing 3 and 4 at higher than twin for cruising over the new year time. I have seen this a couple of times lately and can only presume that RCI is finally trying to limit the way over the top amount of kids that have been making all school holiday cruising quite unpleasant lately. I don't want to get into a discussion about the good or bad of it, but seriously the numbers have been getting really high on some cruises for under 18s over the last few years. The thing that really caught my eye was the studio interior. Really? it was made for singles wasn't it? 2, 3 and 4? huh? :) This is from an un-named site of course, which in the past has had prices pretty close to RCI advertised prices. I can't say if these are the same though.

NYE%202016%20RCI%20oz.jpg

I would think that the fares are high because of the exact opposite reason.

Royal wants to fill every singe 3rd and 4th berth on the ship and knows that there is a limited supply of these. There is a huge demand for them by families during the spring break/holiday periods and they are simply getting every penny that they can for the room.

Royal wants to fill every singe 3rd and 4th berth on the ship and knows that there is a limited supply of these. There is a huge demand for them by families during the spring break/holiday periods and they are simply getting every penny that they can for the room.

100% agree with you.

You are probably right. It does make for a good case for booking two twin cabins rather than a quad if it suits. It made me look twice for sure.

Price out two connecting rooms. We've found it to be cheaper on almost every sailing we've priced with the BOGOHO. We're doing a side to side - all 4 in a balcony stateroom on NCL Escape for $2,100 and 2 connecting interiors on FOS the week after for $3,200. For all 4 of us in one Oceanview on FoS would have been almost $4k and a quad interior was $3,400!

Hi,

Wilson

Wuerfel-T-Shirts.jpg

But Adventure Ocean isn't cheap to run, and it's "free" (well, "included"). Your son is in the Aquanauts age (3-5) just like my daughter, and could literally spend 9+ hours each day in Adventure Ocean at no added cost (e.g. on a sea day from 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, and 19:00-22:00; or even longer than 9 hours with Adventure Dining from 17:00-19:00).

Adventure Ocean has dedicated spaces, dedicated staff, dedicated activities, etc. You may not use it much (or even at all), but it's there if you want to. So the money to pay for it has to come from somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like paying any more than I have to, either. Just trying to add some perspective on the cost for kids.

Good perspective. Plus the fact that that child will not be purchasing alcohol, gambling, using the spa, playing bingo or doing anything else to generate income for the cruise line.

Good perspective. Plus the fact that that child will not be purchasing alcohol, gambling, using the spa, playing bingo or doing anything else to generate income for the cruise line.

To be completely honest, DW and I don't normally spend money on any of the things you mentioned, either ;)