Allure to FLL

How early have you been able to get to FLL when getting off of Allure? I'm really tempted to book an 8:45 am flight. Is it possible if we hurry?

And yes... we are going to want to get home quickly. This is the only direct flight option we would have that day.

How early have you been able to get to FLL when getting off of Allure? I'm really tempted to book an 8:45 am flight. Is it possible if we hurry?

And yes... we are going to want to get home quickly. This is the only direct flight option we would have that day.

If you are near the front of the line for self-assist disembarkation and there are no delays, you could be at the airport before 7:30am. I still would not book a flight that early.

Everyone will tell you no you cannot make it.

However, I have been off the ships so early the Sun is not even out yet.

Given that there are no delays, you should be fine......

Is that during day-light savings time or not? :D

No delay is the big issue. 8:45 flight means 8:15 boarding time. It can take 20 minutes from ship to airport with out delays and you still need to clear customs and check in your luggage unless all you have is carry on. It sounds as though you should be off the ship by 7 to be safe. I bet there are others that have made it. Global Entery at Port Everglades, business check-in, and Global Entery security lines at the airport can speed up the process.

I think the bigger question is if you miss your flight what time is the next flight to your destination and what are the costs incured for missing it. If you are fine taking that chance and don't mind waiting at the airport for a later flight then go for it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I wouldn't be able to enjoy the last night for worrying about there being a delay the final morning. I booked a 1 pm flight for my upcoming Oasis cruise, maybe an overkill, but I won't have to worry about it, knock on wood.

Is that during day-light savings time or not? :D

I don't remember, but we needed to get off quick that time and it was probably around 6:30 - 6:45AM.

It does take a lot of effort to get moving that fast and be ready early to be among the first to get off the ship.

But it can be done.

And I would only do it again if there was limited options.......

Edited by matj2000

I don't remember, but we needed to get off quick that time and it was probably around 6:30 - 6:45AM.

It does take a lot of effort to get moving that fast and be ready early to be among the first to get off the ship.

But it can be done.

And I would only do it again if there was limited options.......

I agree with all your points but espically the one in red.

I'm assuming you are talking about the 8:45am FLL-DEN Southwest Flight. We're already booked on this flight coming back in October. We have done this flight for three years now. The earliest we have been at the gate is 6:50am.

Edited by mil76

You convinced me. Flight booked. Hopefully all goes well and if not we will just be prepared to deal with that.

Based on your post in the Roll Call, looks like we're shipmates again after Liberty last month and we'll be on the same flight. If we miss the flight I'm going to have to hide at the airport!

Possible, but very risky. Everything has to go smooth. From the ship clearing customs smoothly, to being first in line for disembarkation, to a smooth ride to FLL. If you are going to chance it, I suggest getting TSA Pre Check if you don't have it already. FLL is a Pre Check airport and hopefully your airline participates in the program. $85 for five years and well worth it.

Based on your post in the Roll Call, looks like we're shipmates again after Liberty last month and we'll be on the same flight. If we miss the flight I'm going to have to hide at the airport!

Haha.. small world. :)

What time do you get in the self assist line to get off the ship usually? How long before what they put on the schedule?