You want travel insurance!

Wj420

Doesn't this discussion really belong on the cruise/travel insurance forum?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

Yes, it should be moved....and those interested or who think they understand pre-existing conditions should read:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2294141

I just purchase the medical and emergency evacuation insurance thru Travel Insured International. Costs less than $100 for both of us for our 3-week cruise/land vacation. Covers $150K for medical expenses and $1M for Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation. Also covers up to $50K for rental car insurance since we normally rent cars in Europe.

It doesn't include cost of the trip, but I consider that money already spend, so not a top priority for me.

Thanks...have been searching around and this sounds good....will look into it.

Thanks again to everyone...we.found what we want at an acceptable price....(we are US)

when should we buy the insurance..? Cruise is in Oct, final payment in August...ins cost not refundable if we decide not to cruise...does the price go up closer to final payment date?

I agree this could all be covered on the general ins thread but often get good advice from fellow Celeb cruisers,..who we are familiar with from prior posts,

I buy Emergency Assistants plus for about $120 a year for both of us. I first got it through the Elks club, but now American airlines and others are selling it.

Thanks for the annual Geo Blue medical coverage info. I, well, most of the time can eat the cost of the cruise, but not the evacuation and other fees.

After all these years, based on the great nudge from this thread, I finally booked an annual policy excluding cancellation insurance but covering all the medical stuff (especially evacuation/repatriation) . Did a google search and found a site that analyzed policies, picked the one that suited my wife and I best, and got a years coverage for both for under $400, or $1.05 per day.

We travel internationally about four times a year and domestically about 5 times.

We aren't getting any younger.

Thanks to all.

After all these years, based on the great nudge from this thread, I finally booked an annual policy excluding cancellation insurance but covering all the medical stuff (especially evacuation/repatriation) . Did a google search and found a site that analyzed policies, picked the one that suited my wife and I best, and got a years coverage for both for under $400, or $1.05 per day.

We travel internationally about four times a year and domestically about 5 times.

We aren't getting any younger.

Thanks to all.

Which annual policy did you go with?

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have an annual policy with Geo Blue.

I have the GeoBlue Trekker Essential.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have an annual policy with Geo Blue.

I have the GeoBlue Trekker Essential.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

We have the same policy.

Kel:)

Unfortunately, young people have grandparents, parents, children and siblings who might become ill. Please understand that most travel insurance policies DO NOT include PREGNANCY as a covered reason. Some will cover this if the policy was purchased prior to the pregnancy...many do not.