Just back from the ELATION

AFuncruiser

This was the Elation's initial cruise to it's new port Jacksonville, Fl. my home town.

Our recent ten night cruise on The Elation was a disappointment. Our cabin M-182 was unbelievably noisy , Guest Services was very hard to reach and indifferent. I found the general condition of the ship in need of some tender loving care. The cabin closet and cabinets were the cheapest I have seen in 60+ cruises. The carpets were stained the bathroom sink barely drained.. My single bed had king size sheets and comforter. The bed visually sagged and the cabin could have used a good dusting..

I find almost all Carnival's food to be about the same and the poor waiters over worked.

Patience is a must in the dining room.

Embarkation was smooth and quick.

The cruise director and a carnival barker have a lot in common. There was an unusual number of announcements.

Entertainment was as expected from Carnival.

On the positive side the staff in general was very friendly. The ports of call were interesting and I appreciated the length of time in ports. The Captains party was a pleasant surprise and well done. The return cruisers party well attended and as a side note you were able to order anything from the bar you wanted.

In the past we have cruised from the port of Jacksonville, Fl several times a year. I am sorry to say unless there is a great deal of improvement with the Elation I will consider leaving from Port Canaveral on a different cruise line.

Dennis

Jacksonville, fl

Just back from the same cruise. This our 13th cruise but first on Carnival. Our inside room was pretty decent on Upper Deck. Everything seemed to work well except the air conditioning, but that was adjusted and fixed on day one. Super quiet and adequate room for three.

I found the lido food a little hit or miss, but loved the MDR. We had fantastic service and I thought the food and service was actually better than on some of my past cruises.

Service overall was very good. Itinerary was one of the best I have ever experienced. Full days ashore and some ports are rarely visited.

I too loved the Throwback Captain's Cocktail Party. What a nice feature. It did remind me of some of my earliest cruises when cruise lines did not skimp so much on these events.

Just back from the same cruise. This our 13th cruise but first on Carnival. Our inside room was pretty decent on Upper Deck. Everything seemed to work well except the air conditioning, but that was adjusted and fixed on day one. Super quiet and adequate room for three.

I found the lido food a little hit or miss, but loved the MDR. We had fantastic service and I thought the food and service was actually better than on some of my past cruises.

Service overall was very good. Itinerary was one of the best I have ever experienced. Full days ashore and some ports are rarely visited.

I too loved the Throwback Captain's Cocktail Party. What a nice feature. It did remind me of some of my earliest cruises when cruise lines did not skimp so much on these events.

I agree with you completely. Loved the MDR. I think the meal service there for dinner was some of the best we have experienced.

I found the general condition of the ship in need of some tender loving care.

fl

Ugh - I was afraid of this. I just booked this for a Nov sailing b/c it was so cheap. I'm bringing along a first time cruiser and that's kind of disappointing to hear.

Colewade - Did you have anytime dining? Who was your waitstaff?

Also, what is the Captain's Cocktail party and when is it?

Length?

Free drinks?

I wonder if they will do this on a 5-day cruise.

Do you think the Elation is more run down looking than the Fantasy?

She goes into dry dock next year but there is no concerte date because the three sites I get that information on say two different times, one says january and two another say in august into september and both say nearly a month renovations so its a major one, I wonder whether they be adding balconies like they did to the Fascination I hope so!

I would of booked her up for later this year but knowing she is going for renovations next year I know to avoid this ship, I always check these things before booking a cruise. I am sorry OP that you had to experience such issues but I have to say any cruise is better than no cruise and its the only ship out of Jax anyways so best to have gone than not go.

This was the Elation's initial cruise to it's new port Jacksonville, Fl. my home town.

Our recent ten night cruise on The Elation was a disappointment. Our cabin M-182 was unbelievably noisy , Guest Services was very hard to reach and indifferent. I found the general condition of the ship in need of some tender loving care. The cabin closet and cabinets were the cheapest I have seen in 60+ cruises. The carpets were stained the bathroom sink barely drained.. My single bed had king size sheets and comforter. The bed visually sagged and the cabin could have used a good dusting..

I find almost all Carnival's food to be about the same and the poor waiters over worked.

Patience is a must in the dining room.

Embarkation was smooth and quick.

The cruise director and a carnival barker have a lot in common. There was an unusual number of announcements.

Entertainment was as expected from Carnival.

On the positive side the staff in general was very friendly. The ports of call were interesting and I appreciated the length of time in ports. The Captains party was a pleasant surprise and well done. The return cruisers party well attended and as a side note you were able to order anything from the bar you wanted.

In the past we have cruised from the port of Jacksonville, Fl several times a year. I am sorry to say unless there is a great deal of improvement with the Elation I will consider leaving from Port Canaveral on a different cruise line.

Dennis

Jacksonville, fl

Try a newer ship.

Also, what is the Captain's Cocktail party and when is it?

Length?

Free drinks?

I wonder if they will do this on a 5-day cruise.

They are only doing this on the Journeys (extended length) cruises. The Captain's Cocktail Party with free drinks for all passengers is long gone on normal cruises.

I am amazed how different people have an entirely different experience on the same cruise. We were in M173 and M177. Our steward Michael was fabulous catering to our every need and always greeting us with a hello and smile. The MDR wait staff was great. We were served promptly and with few exceptions the food was very good. I had a few issues and they were taken care of by guest services. The only thing I agree on is the cabins are showing their age. The sink was a little rusted, the drawers were warped and the water in the shower fluctuated constantly. This did not stop me from having an excellent cruise.

For a quick getaway Jacksonville works for us..and we like the Fantasy class ships...I am prepared for the Elation to be a bit shabby looking..but then I have thought the last few times I was on the Fantasy and Fascination they were showing a bit of age.

Reading the food in the MDR was good is a plus...We've sailed on her out of Port Canaveral and San Diego..she was one of my favorite ships back in the day:):):)

Pretty sure we'll still have a good time....

Try a newer ship.

Sir,

With all due respect...The ELATION cruise was my 65th cruise I have been on old, new, small, large and as a general rule my favorite ship is what ever one I find myself on.

The ELATION and VALOR are the exceptions.

Dennis

Jacksonville,

577 days at sea

65cruises

12 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska

I'm also from Jax and enjoyed Fascination for quick cheap get aways. We sailed her 6 times in last 3 years. Was skeptical about Elation, I think we will sail from PC in the next one.

Edited by Drumbum675

What floor upper deck were you on? I've book Verandah and I'm wondering if we need to upgrade or abandon this ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

After 26 Carnival cruises I will say our worst...as to service..etc was the Splendor last October...I am hoping for a nice relaxing cruise in May with a visit to HMC...with a cabana...and staying on the ship for Nassau...just let the bed be comfortable and the food decent:D