Boardwalk dog house

You're killing me. Turns out the next chance I'll have for Portillo's is when we visit our daughter in the Tampa area. I'm very curious if they can get the same quality bread for the beef.

Please report back if they do. I think the Tampa one had bad timing for their opening if I remember correctly. I think it was a day or two after the Blackhawks beat the Lightning last year in The Stanley Cup.:D

You're killing me. Turns out the next chance I'll have for Portillo's is when we visit our daughter in the Tampa area. I'm very curious if they can get the same quality bread for the beef.

We've got a Portillo's 5 minutes from our house here in the Chicago burbs, Bob.

I tried the Dog House while I was on the Anthem back in March. I had one of their Coney Island dogs. It was just ok and I probably wouldn't go back for another one. Since I grew up in Brooklyn, I know what a true hot dog from Nathan's in Coney Island is like. And this was nothing even close to what a real Coney Island dog should be like. But it's worth trying at least once so you can judge for yourselves.

I was wondering the same thin, but anymore I'm afraid to ask questions for fear of those who bash. :(

Never hold back for the fear of those who seem to make a career of flaming almost any topic. when you recognize a few regulars add them to your ignore list.

Most time it is, especially here. In the rest of the world, some people insist on inflicting that on others. The owner of one local baseball team refused to allow ketchup to be sold and told customers that bringing ketchup packs into the ball park violated the rules about bringing in outside food.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I would think cheese would be big in Wisconsin.

Oh yes..cheese dogs and cheddar wursts!! Mostly beer brats! I didnt mean to offend anyone with my original comment. Just was shocked by the no ketchup! I know everyone likes their food different! Fun to see how everyone tops their dogs!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by WiscoGirl32

Oh yes..cheese dogs and cheddar wursts!! Mostly beer brats! I didnt mean to offend anyone with my original comment. Just was shocked by the no ketchup! I know everyone likes their food different! Fun to see how everyone tops their dogs!

I don't think anyone is seriously offended by the comments on this thread - it's just all in good fun. At least, that is my intention anyway. :D

I don't think anyone is seriously offended by the comments on this thread - it's just all in good fun. At least, that is my intention anyway. :D

Yes, it was meant to be sarcastic. I was just having a hotdog culture shock. Sorry again to offend all hotdog lovers of the cruising world!! Lol!!![emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

The way to eat a hot dog is with mustard on the split top (New England style) bun, a little Cole slaw, one hot dog, more mustard and topped with slaw. And you toast the split top bun in a little butter. Pure bliss!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Going on Allure in 2 weeks,can anyone tell me about the boardwalk dog house?

Love me a good dog!

We looked on Oasis but it didn't look appealing. We didn't see anyone eating them during our cruise, the area looked kind of like it wasn't complete.

I thought the brats were good. But the walk with them for the DW back to the suite sundeck wasn't fun.

Better to eat them there, somewhere.

It seemed on the Oasis the place opened a little to late for me on a port day.

I really needed a good dog at 11:00 AM and it didn't seem they were open yet.

A very vocal minority of people who insist on sharing their aversion to what others do.

Sure hope you realize I am just joking.

Most time it is, especially here. In the rest of the world, some people insist on inflicting that on others. The owner of one local baseball team refused to allow ketchup to be sold and told customers that bringing ketchup packs into the ball park violated the rules about bringing in outside food.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Never heard of that which Ballpark.

Even US Cellular Field & Wrigley have ketchup there for out of towners.;)

Yes, if it's a Vienna dog.:)

Agreed there! We bring packs home after visiting Chicago. Right after the Anchor bar in Buffalo, Gene and Judes' in Franklin Park are my favorite places to eat.

Sure hope you realize I am just joking.

Never heard of that which Ballpark.

Even US Cellular Field & Wrigley have ketchup there for out of towners.;)

I do realize, thanks. I am as I said above a huge Gene and Jude's fan. (Grand Ave in Franklin Park I believe)

The old Columbus Clippers in Cooper Stadium wouldn't allow ketchup at all, but we would smuggle ours in for Dime a Dog night.