Boardwalk dog house

Bob,

The Portillo's in Brandon, opened a few weeks ago (SR60 and Lakewood Drive). Huge location. My wife and I drove over last night (Friday) to have a dog and combo. Bread is authentic and the dogs have Rosen's Poppy seed buns.

They are building another location near the USF area, but that one is still under construction.

Bob,

The Portillo's in Brandon, opened a few weeks ago (SR60 and Lakewood Drive). Huge location. My wife and I drove over last night (Friday) to have a dog and combo. Bread is authentic and the dogs have Rosen's Poppy seed buns.

They are building another location near the USF area, but that one is still under construction.

Thanks much, this is very encouraging.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Be still, my heart!! I knew they didn't have slaw dogs, and now, reading the Quantum menu, I see there is slaw. I can make my own slaw dog IF Oasis has it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just remembered that you had asked about cole slaw on Oasis. We were on the 5/7 Oasis sailing and there were little cups of cole slaw beside the cups of potato salad. Forgot to post it when I got back.

Obviously no one here has been to Copenhagen. Their dogs are inserted into a hollow in bread. Pretty good, except the condiment is a mixture of mayo and ketchup. Pretty strange flavor.

For the record, the dogs in the Wipeout Café on Oasis were hotter and better than Boardwalk.

Obviously no one here has been to Copenhagen. Their dogs are inserted into a hollow in bread. Pretty good, except the condiment is a mixture of mayo and ketchup. Pretty strange flavor.

For the record, the dogs in the Wipeout Café on Oasis were hotter and better than Boardwalk.

I'm a hot dog lover, but I still feel there's something incongruent about our fascination with hot dogs on a cruise ship. When we first started cruising in the late 70's, every meal was special and the midnight buffet even more so.

I haven't tried the Copenhagen hot dog with a mixture of mayo and ketchup, but I have learned to put that on my French fries - much milder.

Margy

Tried it on the Radiance last summer and threw at least half of it out. Bun was dry, casing was hard, whatever it was I got was nasty. No thought of trying it again on Brilliance.

Granted about the only way I really like them is grilled out and slightly charred, plain on a white bread bun.

And mayo mixed or alone is just nasty and should never exist. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Does anyone know what brand of kosher beef hot dog Royal Caribbean is using? My DH really liked that it was not salty. I personally liked the apple sausage and the brat and the fried onions/kraut really made them yummy.

In our part of NY we have what we call "Michigans" which are hot dogs in a flat ended bun, covered in a spicy, finely ground beef sauce and served with the onions buried underneath....Pure HEAVEN!:D

Does anyone know what brand of kosher beef hot dog Royal Caribbean is using? My DH really liked that it was not salty. I personally liked the apple sausage and the brat and the fried onions/kraut really made them yummy.

In our part of NY we have what we call "Michigans" which are hot dogs in a flat ended bun, covered in a spicy, finely ground beef sauce and served with the onions buried underneath....Pure HEAVEN!:D

Sounds like our "coney" the chili is always very finely ground and of course no beans!