Boardwalk dog house

Not yet, but maybe next year in Sydney.:)

Awesome,we dont really have a dog culture here,But i love them,what we do have and i dont know if there is a equivalent in the states is a thing called a kebab,thinly sliced lamb or chicken or combo,on a lebanese bread,with raw onion,lettuce and tomato,with heaps of sauces,wrapped and toasted.We call the late night lamb sanger.Its messy,its greasy,it overpowers you with garlic,and you usually just munger it down and burp and reflux all night. Do-sent sound great but at 2 or 3 in the morning they are heaven.:):)Queensland/nsw they are called doner kebabs,victoria/sth aus=souvalakis.Dont know what they call them in west aus,they have a different language.:)

Edited by mrs and mrs

Awesome,we dont really have a dog culture here,But i love them,what we do have and i dont know if there is a equivalent in the states is a thing called a kebab,thinly sliced lamb or chicken or combo,on a lebanese bread,with raw onion,lettuce and tomato,with heaps of sauces,wrapped and toasted.We call the late night lamb sanger.Its messy,its greasy,it overpowers you with garlic,and you usually just munger it down and burp and reflux all night. Do-sent sound great but at 2 or 3 in the morning they are heaven.:):)Queensland/nsw they are called doner kebabs,victoria/sth aus=souvalakis.Dont know what they call them in west aus,they have a different language.:)

Almost sounds like a Gyro, except for the toasted part.

A good old Mrs Macs,but dont ruin it with dead horse or ketchup.:eek:

1. they had Mrs Macs on Diamond last year at the grill, a different variety each day.

2. Have you tried Harry's, even better than Mrs Macs

3. Must have dead horse.

1. they had Mrs Macs on Diamond last year at the grill, a different variety each day.

2. Have you tried Harry's, even better than Mrs Macs

3. Must have dead horse.

Never tried a Harry's where are they from.

And the quality of the dead horse is quite important,i must admit i'm partial to heinz ketchup

I was very disappointed in their hot dogs. The Coney Island dog did not resemble anything I have had before. (And I am from New York, love hot dogs and have had Coney Island hot dogs) They did not have the onions I like, but tasteless fried onions instead. I cannot speak for any other of their choices as I did not go back after first disappointment.

Never tried a Harry's where are they from.

And the quality of the dead horse is quite important,i must admit i'm partial to heinz ketchup

Harrys Cafe de Wheels, basically Sydney based started in an old tram car, back when there were bans in place, each day they'd roll the car a few inches to avoid breaking some stupid law.

Main outlet at Wooloomoolloo a few others too.

Chunks of real beef, a slightly spicy gravy, the tiger comes with a scoop of mash mushy peas and gravy, a real meal in itself.

Pastry is similar to Mrs Macs.

Mrs Gut loves the vegetarian version with cheese sauce (but don't hold that against her, she's not a bad thing).

That would be traumatic. My best wishes for speedy recovery. Head to the nearest Portillo's.

A timely comment on this discussion: We just received an email from Portillo's announcing the opening of a restaurant in Brandon, FL, only about 10 miles from the cruise port in Tampa. The timeline says spring of 2016, and I think we're there right now.

As for catsup on hot dogs, we used to live in Des Plaines, IL, a suburb of Chicago. There was a very good hot dog place called the Plush Pub that would only furnish catsup to children under the age of 6 - by then Chicagoans should be ready for mustard, tomatoes, sweet relish, a dill pickle spear, onion, sweet peppers, and celery salt on their hot dogs. I may have forgotten something, but I think that was called "dragged through the garden."

The last two times we've been to the Chicago area I've written Portillo reviews on Trip Advisor and asked them to consider coming to north central Florida. I like to think I've influenced them, but I know that's unlikely.

Margy

A timely comment on this discussion: We just received an email from Portillo's announcing the opening of a restaurant in Brandon, FL, only about 10 miles from the cruise port in Tampa. The timeline says spring of 2016, and I think we're there right now....

I have it on good authority from my daughter in the Tampa area that Portillo's is open there.

Agreed there! We bring packs home after visiting Chicago. Right after the Anchor bar in Buffalo, Gene and Judes' in Franklin Park are my favorite places to eat.

wings - anchor bar - omg - you have my attention

I loved the dog house - grabbed a dog or two without a bun a couple of mid afternoons - :D

I have it on good authority from my daughter in the Tampa area that Portillo's is open there.

Bob, is that the one in Brandon or another one in the Tampa area? Ever since I posted this I've been seeing signs that Portillo's is already around Tampa. I don't know how I missed it, but I'm glad to to have confirmation from your daughter that it's open.

Now we have a new challenge: We have always driven to the port (Tampa or Port Canaveral) the afternoon before but had decided to just drive over to Tampa for our November B2B the morning of the cruise. We may change that to enjoy Portillo's the night before.

Thanks for the info.

Margy

I always relish the opportunity to enjoy a good hot dog. But, I wish I had mustard up the courage to try the Sicilian while I was on board Oasis. I guess it was an offer I could refuse after all.

My friends and I enjoyed The Big Apple one afternoon, which gave us a chance to ketchup on what happened that morning.

One friend put too much mayonnaise on his hot dog. I Warsaw what was going to happen. No Wunderdog he felt sick later.

Have you ever seen anybody act rudely to the Boardwalk Dog House staff? Sometimes it seemed that having to wait a few minutes in line Bratwurst out of people. Maybe they had withdrawal and needed a cigarette, but there's no dedicated Smoke House on the ship.

Seeing rude people just leaves a sauerkraut taste in my mouth.

I'm sorry not sorry for this post. :D

Bob, is that the one in Brandon or another one in the Tampa area? Ever since I posted this I've been seeing signs that Portillo's is already around Tampa. I don't know how I missed it, but I'm glad to to have confirmation from your daughter that it's open.

Now we have a new challenge: We have always driven to the port (Tampa or Port Canaveral) the afternoon before but had decided to just drive over to Tampa for our November B2B the morning of the cruise. We may change that to enjoy Portillo's the night before.

Thanks for the info.

Margy

To my knowledge, the Brandon location is the only Portillo's in the state of Florida. I believe it opened a couple of weeks ago.

To my knowledge, the Brandon location is the only Portillo's in the state of Florida. I believe it opened a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks, Bob.

You provide a great service to CC members as a competent guru always ready to help.

Margy