No more AARP & Great Stirrup closing for a while.

leeker13

Or, they could grant senior discount to qualifying "mature" adults upon proof of ---- membership and age (DOB on validated travel document such as passport or birth certificate, etc.) which would open up the discount to non-US passengers, which I'm sure would be a welcoming message, should NCL choose to do that. :rolleyes: Doubtful, in my mind, however - giving the trends lately on fee-basing despite the marketing spins on the freebies.

Of course, gotta find more ways of generating revenue to maintain that executive compensation package for 2016 for the CEO as blessed by the governance board ... never mind that insiders hold less than 1% of the company's stock, not impressive at all on employee profit-sharing, merit-based or otherwise.

But you didn't provide the AARP number when you booked, correct? I did, so if they had better not to charge me more when I embark (assuming I don't rebook before then).

Correct - I did not have the membership when I booked - I was told I only had to have it before I embarked when I booked.

Although they never asked for any proof when I did embark :)

I read what the OP said about GSC being closed for possible renovation? But I skimmed everyones post on the last 3 pages and don't see anyone talking about anything other than the AARP discount being taken away.

Did I miss anything that stated what they will be doing to GSC? :confused:

it's closed for renovations from aug 25th to oct 20th - they are rerouting my sky cruise from their paradise private island with free fruity drinks with the umbrellas to the oil refinement dump of freeport....:mad:

I read what the OP said about GSC being closed for possible renovation? But I skimmed everyones post on the last 3 pages and don't see anyone talking about anything other than the AARP discount being taken away.

You missed nothing........ I've asked the OP for the source of GSC closing but all I hear are crickets

Freeport IS a dump, but it's a great day to spend on the ship with a relatively quiet pool deck, the main dining room is open for lunch, and the drinks flow with faster service too. So look on the bright side at least.

I wonder what they are doing at GSC that requires a 2 month closure.

IMPORTANT:

ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Sky's 3-Day Bahamas sailings from Miami, Florida between August 26, 2016 and September 30, 2016. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

We continue to focus on The Norwegian Edge, our $400 million investment program dedicated to raising the brand's standard of excellence across the guest experience by focusing on ship refurbishments, upgrading our culinary experience and developing superior land-based private destination experiences. As part of this program, we will be significantly enhancing our offerings at Great Stirrup Cay, our private island in the Bahamas, to feature exciting new developments including a new half-acre entertainment and activities area, new inclusive luxury experiences, additional dining options and more. To accommodate these new features and enhancements, to make Great Stirrup Cay the premier private island in the Bahamas, the island will be closing to guests from August 25-October 20, 2016. As a result of the closure of the island, your cruise will now call on Grand Bahama Island instead of Great Stirrup Cay.

If you pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for Great Stirrup Cay, your pre-booked shore excursion reservations will be automatically cancelled. For a list of shore excursions in Grand Bahama Island, please visit our website at www.ncl.com/excursions or contact our shore excursion desk at 1-866-625-1167.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday from 8am to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm ET). We look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Sky.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

IMPORTANT:

ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Sky's 3-Day Bahamas sailings from Miami, Florida between August 26, 2016 and September 30, 2016. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

We continue to focus on The Norwegian Edge, our $400 million investment program dedicated to raising the brand's standard of excellence across the guest experience by focusing on ship refurbishments, upgrading our culinary experience and developing superior land-based private destination experiences. As part of this program, we will be significantly enhancing our offerings at Great Stirrup Cay, our private island in the Bahamas, to feature exciting new developments including a new half-acre entertainment and activities area, new inclusive luxury experiences, additional dining options and more. To accommodate these new features and enhancements, to make Great Stirrup Cay the premier private island in the Bahamas, the island will be closing to guests from August 25-October 20, 2016. As a result of the closure of the island, your cruise will now call on Grand Bahama Island instead of Great Stirrup Cay.

If you pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for Great Stirrup Cay, your pre-booked shore excursion reservations will be automatically cancelled. For a list of shore excursions in Grand Bahama Island, please visit our website at www.ncl.com/excursions or contact our shore excursion desk at 1-866-625-1167.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday from 8am to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm ET). We look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Sky.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

Sounds like they are trying to "up" the GSC game with the announcement of Ocean Cay Marine Reserve for MSC.

Hope it comes out nicely. GSC is already a great place to spend a day.