FYI....There is NO 20% Discount on Beverage Packages

Just like a previous poster.. I booked 2 on the package for 410 a piece about a month ago.

The sale hit and I took advantage of it and it went down almost 100 bucks a person.

I am not looking at the invoice but I am pretty sure it was like 315.

so I would call and get the price.

remember the 49 a person then you ADD the gratuities... so it is like 59 after everything is said and done... if it is now 47 after everything is done.. well that is 20%

Lou_70-

The price we got, which was $310pp INCLUDES gratuities, right?

I was told it DID by both RCCL and people on this board.

Do you know?

Lou_70-

The price we got, which was $310pp INCLUDES gratuities, right?

I was told it DID by both RCCL and people on this board.

Do you know?

Mine did according to my receipt.

xxxxx Premium Beverage Package Special Offer $263.20 USD

*Service Charge $94.76 USD

SUBTOTAL $621.16 USD

Exactly. Only possible catch: in the brochure it says: "Prices starting at 39/49/59". This might indicate that for some (and then for more and eventually for all) sailings the prices are higher :(

Agree - but the $75/day just seems SO high, plus that's with the "discount". Crazy!

Here's my story.

I originally bought the select package regular price for a total of $332.14. When this sale started I called RCCL and cancelled it and bought it for $237.89, a significant savings. I just did a dummy purchase on the website and the price now comes up to $297.36, a much less discount.

Mine did according to my receipt.

*Service Charge $94.76 USD

SUBTOTAL $621.16 USD

Thank you!:D

My Oasis cruise is showing 20% off for the Premium Package @$47/day. The problem is the package before was only $49/pp. Their literature online shows the original price of the package at $49 as well. The math does work out if you include the gratuities BUT, when you add it to your cart, Royal ADDS the gratuities so there is no 20% off.

You are saving $2/day. That is the equivalent to a good drink for the entire week.

Just another example of their FAKE sales, IMO!!!!! WOW!!!! :(

I just feel bad for people who aren't cruise junkies like me and don't monitor things like I do daily. They think they are actually getting a discount.

Yep! I started a thread here yesterday when I went to buy the packages they had increased. I spent 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with rep and supervisor, no one could give me a straight answer.

The supervisor actually told me to try again next week. Nope.

Such a sneaky way of doing business. RC can go ahead and raise their prices but please be honest about it, don't tell us we're getting a special offer discount!:mad:

We finally came to an acceptable resolution, but believe me I worked for it.

Good luck.:)

remember the 49 a person then you ADD the gratuities... so it is like 59 after everything is said and done... if it is now 47 after everything is done.. well that is 20%

That is not the case though. It was $49 BEFORE grat previously, and now it is $47 BEFORE grat. When I add it to my cart, it adds 18% grat.

I also had called the other day because when I tried to add the drink package on the cruise planner, I got an error message. The price that she gave me for two people INCLUDING grat was $347. But now it is $333 (after I put it in the cart and they add grat) and that is not anywhere near 20%!

And I am just going to the Bahamas, so the increase port fees in some other country shouldn't effect me.

I think I will try calling later too and see how far I can get. Not holding my breath though.

Do you mind sharing what you paid for your premium package?

I know you didn't ask me but just FYI, for me the premium was originally approx 310.00 and the select was 265.00 on April 26th.

I didn't attempt to make a purchase until yesterday and they went up to 388.00 for premium and 292.00 for select.

I guess they're counting on not everyone knowing the sneaky way they actually increased the prices when saying your getting a 20% off.

Was.....$49 per day PLUS 18% GRATUITIES .......441+80=521

Now....$39 per day Plus 18% Gratuities............351+63=414

This is for a 9 day cruise. So PER couple, we saved $214

We have a lot of people going, so everyone was very happy with this.

Sooooo.......if you drink $12 cocktails or glasses of wine......we break EVEN by having 4 drinks a day. Anything OVER 4 drinks is gravy. :):):)

This might have been an IT error but on April 26th that $49.00 INCLUDED 18% gratuity for premium.It priced out in the Cruise Planner for about $323.00 but RC rep Benjamin told me my total would only be 310.00 .

The new price is $47.00 PLUS 18% gratuity INCLUDING 20% for a total of $388.00. I ended up paying $388.00 but with an OBC for the differences on the 2 packages I bought only after raising hell.

If you do a search here, you'll see quite a few only paid $310.00 for a 7 day premium before this silly BS "20%discount special offer".

Edited by webecruzin2

I feel like this is at least the 5th thread about this...

There are definitely issues with the site as the VOOM packages are also calculating incorrectly. I overpaid for my 2 device package (since canceled) and it seems like the other configurations are actually coming to less than they should. RCCL would never do that on purpose!

Whether or not they actually raised the drink prices since Friday is another question. I also bought the 7 day package for $310 before the change.

Edited by RnbwSktles

Just FYI everyone, I just got off the phone with 3 different representatives, from general customer service, C & A, "resolutions". They told me that the price is in fact going up on the packages. They have not updated their website to reflect this as of yet though.

I only asked about the premium package as that is the one I had booked, but they told me that it was discounted 20% at $47/day and then the 18% grat. is on top of that.

I told the resolutions person that this was complete BS and that their website still states that the premium package is $49/day. He told me that they have the right to increase/change their prices at any time. I told him I felt like this was a bait & switch and that making people think they are getting 20% off of the price in which thought we were getting (based on Royals postings of the price of their packages) in the FAQ's... is just ridiculous. They just basically told me there was nothing they could do.

I told them I thought it was rather odd that my friend got the ultimate package 4 days ago at a cheaper price then I got my package for... his: $356 vs. mine: $388. I was then told different people can be offered different deals for the same sailing.

Just FYI everyone, I just got off the phone with 3 different representatives, from general customer service, C & A, "resolutions". They told me that the price is in fact going up on the packages. They have not updated their website to reflect this as of yet though.

I only asked about the premium package as that is the one I had booked, but they told me that it was discounted 20% at $47/day and then the 18% grat. is on top of that.

I told the resolutions person that this was complete BS and that their website still states that the premium package is $49/day. He told me that they have the right to increase/change their prices at any time. I told him I felt like this was a bait & switch and that making people think they are getting 20% off of the price in which thought we were getting (based on Royals postings of the price of their packages) in the FAQ's... is just ridiculous. They just basically told me there was nothing they could do.

I told them I thought it was rather odd that my friend got the ultimate package 4 days ago at a cheaper price then I got my package for... his: $356 vs. mine: $388. I was then told different people can be offered different deals for the same sailing.

WOW! Just, WOW!!!!:mad:

That is REALLY poor Customer Service on Royal's part.

They screwed up, and they should honor the discount.

I am glad I called on Friday and was able to get it, but I really feel bad for everyone else that is being told NO.

Just not right, IMO........

I bought ours awhile ago, when the discount was first offered and we did get 20% off. I just checked my cruise planner and the only package available is the Select. No Premium or Ultimate. Maybe there was a problem with their site. Check again later.

WOW! Just, WOW!!!!:mad:

That is REALLY poor Customer Service on Royal's part.

They screwed up, and they should honor the discount.

I am glad I called on Friday and was able to get it, but I really feel bad for everyone else that is being told NO.

Just not right, IMO........

I agree with you 100%, I called on Monday when it still was not showing in the cruise planner and my friend called on Sunday. I have been checking to see if anything changes on a daily basis and nothing until I got fed up today and called them again.

I agree with you 100%, I called on Monday when it still was not showing in the cruise planner and my friend called on Sunday. I have been checking to see if anything changes on a daily basis and nothing until I got fed up today and called them again.

Fingers crossed for you and everyone else struggling with this........:)

IMO, I would keep calling until you get someone that is willing to do it.

They need to make this right.

The first time I called, the guy was a JERK. He quickly said this doesn't apply to your sailing......:mad:

Hmmmmmm. I read on CC that people the week before me got it, and people the week AFTER me got it.........

Hung up and called back. Got a nice woman who applied it for us.....:D

Some prices may have been mistake, they happen, good for those who moved quickly but can't blame Rccl for no longer having same mistake out there, or even current mistakes they are working on. Could be an increase is in the works. Rccl is cheaper and includes more than some other lines packages, we'll see. At the end of the day, buy it or not depending on if think worth current price, right?

If they are doing a true 20% on package for US sailings , I'd think cost should be 8.82 service charge (.18x49) + 39.2 (49x.8) = 48.02 per day. 336.14 for 7 nights. 323.79 if 18% is on top of discounted rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

***UPDATE***. I tried calling again like everyone suggested and after 2 phone calls, supervisors and resolutions, NOTHING. An hour on the phone :mad: I finally heard an accurate story.

I was told the price was raised to $59 + gratuities. It works when you do the math. How convenient. Just another FAKE WOW OR BOGO SALE. Raise your price to compensate.

I told them the price is still advertised as $49 on their website. That it is false advertising, bait and switch etc. etc. They are hiding behind the fact that it says "starting from" so they have the right to leave the marketing at that!

I tried.

***UPDATE***. I tried calling again like everyone suggested and after 2 phone calls, supervisors and resolutions, NOTHING. An hour on the phone :mad: I finally heard an accurate story.

I was told the price was raised to $59 + gratuities. It works when you do the math. How convenient. Just another FAKE WOW OR BOGO SALE. Raise your price to compensate.

I told them the price is still advertised as $49 on their website. That it is false advertising, bait and switch etc. etc. They are hiding behind the fact that it says "starting from" so they have the right to leave the marketing at that!

I tried.

That's the exact same thing that happened to me today. Except that now my account is "locked" and I can't buy or book anything in the planner any more.

Its 100% a bait and switch, trick people into thinking they are saving money when in reality it is just to a hidden ploy to raise the prices. I told them they should update their website first before making changes to the planner, but as usual they just don't care.

For my sailing I don't know if I could have received the actual discount. I check every day.

It first started with just the select package I noticed on sale an no other alcohol packages were available for purchase. I wasn't interested in just beer and wine so I honestly didn't look to see if it was a true sale or a raised price sale on that package.

This continued for several days until yesterday I finally noticed that all packages were listed now with a discount. I was soooo excited. I thought something was wrong when I saw the $47 but thought they were just including the gratuities until I added it to my cart and whoaaaa I saw that they were adding them on top of that price.

I called yesterday and really didn't get an answer until I called back again tonight.

I didn't get a chance to start a thread until today warning people to be careful and to check.

They probably wanted to ease into the price increase by offering a sale to bring prices back down for those familiar w last months rates and got the cart before the horse. This way wouldn't regret not booking sooner, before rates went up, bc sale price similar or a tad less. Still don't have to buy if not a good deal for user.

Ncl rates are 59 for,beer and wine and 79 for liquor but no water bottles or coffe drinks (although often paired w booking and called free).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So glad I saw all these threads Tuesday night. I opened up the calculator and checked all the amounts.

Doing a 5 day on Grandeur. 20% off brought it to 39.20/day. They added the 18% based on the 39.20 (not the orig. 49). I ended up paying 462.56 for the 2 of us. I printed off my email confirmation with details, and I will be bring it with my when we board May 7. Had I did this a week earlier, it would have been $578.

Just another data point.... I just checked our August 7th 2016 Freedom cruise. Premium package is $49 + 18% gratuity, and no 20% discount shows. Looks like Royal is just raising the price to $59 so they can offer the 20% off and make people think they are getting a bargain. Maybe $2/day is considered a bargain.

Didn't buy it because it would never pay for itself for me, but I am interested in the marketing ploy that Royal appears to be playing.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

Just another data point.... I just checked our August 7th 2016 Freedom cruise. Premium package is $49 + 18% gratuity, and no 20% discount shows. Looks like Royal is just raising the price to $59 so they can offer the 20% off and make people think they are getting a bargain. Maybe $2/day is considered a bargain.

Didn't buy it because it would never pay for itself for me, but I am interested in the marketing ploy that Royal appears to be playing.

mac_tlc[/

That made me think of our Jewel cruise in January and the cruise planner is showing $57+ grats for the premium. There definitely isn't any consistency to anything. :confused:

This is the same thing they do with their cruise fare "special offers". Make you think you're getting a great deal when really it's not or it's even more expensive.

I started a thread about this drink package scam yesterday when this happened to me. IMO I think this is a sneaky, underhanded way of doing business. Leaves a bad taste. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app