Grease on Independence of the Seas?

I thought I read somewhere that 'Grease' is going to be on the Independence of the Seas. Is this short term or is it long term like on Oasis class ships? Thinking of doing girl's cruise next spring and if they are doing the full musical on the ship, that might be enticing!

I thought I read somewhere that 'Grease' is going to be on the Independence of the Seas. Is this short term or is it long term like on Oasis class ships? Thinking of doing girl's cruise next spring and if they are doing the full musical on the ship, that might be enticing!

It will be for at least 5 years.

Jumping on the bandwagon here, I thought I had seen the same thing - any ideas when it starts? We're on Indy in October :-D

"The cast begin intensive rehearsals in February in Miami to prepare for the launch of Harmony of the Seas and the premiere on Independence of the Seas two months later."

So if you believe this article:

Harmony's first cruise is May 22.

That would mean that Independence's Grease starts in July.

:)

"The cast begin intensive rehearsals in February in Miami to prepare for the launch of Harmony of the Seas and the premiere on Independence of the Seas two months later."

So if you believe this article:

Harmony's first cruise is May 22.

That would mean that Independence's Grease starts in July.

:)

I'll believe it for now and then see what happens when entertainment opens up for booking ;-)

"Slick back your hair and pack your poodle skirts. Summer lovin' is in the air on Harmony of the Seas and come July 2016 on Independence of the Seas as well, with Broadway's hit Musical, Grease coming to the high seas for the first time ever. You'll follow the romantic twists and turns of Sandy and Danny, two lovebirds who navigate the tricky social waters of their high school while keeping their reputations - and relationship -together."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=broadway_at_sea

Bad news....😠My TA told me that Broadway shows are only presented on cruises 7 days or longer. So if we book a 5 day on the independent of the Seas for next March, no show.

Bad news....😠My TA told me that Broadway shows are only presented on cruises 7 days or longer. So if we book a 5 day on the independent of the Seas for next March, no show.

I believe your TA is mistaken.

Or at least, this was not true in the past. Even a 4-night Thanksgiving cruise we did on Liberty featured the Broadway production Saturday Night Fever.

~ Judy

I believe your TA is mistaken.

Or at least, this was not true in the past. Even a 4-night Thanksgiving cruise we did on Liberty featured the Broadway production Saturday Night Fever.

~ Judy

I know, this is confusing to me. My TA usually is right when I ask him about these things though.

Currently there is no Broadway show on Indy, just the usual production shows and headliners.

If you go on the RCI Website and go to the page for the Indie, at the bottom they talk about 'Grease' coming to this ship. However, my TA doesn't think it will play for any cruises less than 7 days. I am part of a group trying to plan a 5 day girl's cruise for March 2017 and the show would be a big lure to picking the Indie over Brilliance...

If you go on the RCI Website and go to the page for the Indie, at the bottom they talk about 'Grease' coming to this ship. However, my TA doesn't think it will play for any cruises less than 7 days. I am part of a group trying to plan a 5 day girl's cruise for March 2017 and the show would be a big lure to picking the Indie over Brilliance...

As the previous poster started "your travel agent is mistaken"

Royal has been showing the Broadway show Saturday night Fever on the Liberty doing nothing but 4 and 5 night cruises for many years.

Bad news....[emoji34]My TA told me that Broadway shows are only presented on cruises 7 days or longer. So if we book a 5 day on the independent of the Seas for next March, no show.

I've just booked Grease for my 3n and my 4n sailings on Harmony.

We have seen Saturday night fever a number of times on 4 night cruises on Liberty and loved it. So cannot wait to see Grease on Indy! We will get to see it 2x next year - Feb on Indy and then Dec 17 on Harmony!! Love that musical, it is one of our favorites.