Grandeur of the Seas First Time

We have never cruise with RCCL only with Disney and Celebrity Cruise Lines. We have eight (8) cruises with Celebrity Cruise Line. My spouse and her friends would like to do the New England Cruise sailing on aboard Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, Maryland . Will we be disappointed? We have sailed small cruise ships before The Century and The Mercury under Celebrity Cruise Line.

We are all in our late sixty's (60's).

We are looking at deck seven (7) for our cabins selections.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks advance.

Edited by cruise47

You will not be disappointed, IMO. We cruise every year, in the winter, on the Grandeur and love her. We are in our 70's and like the size of the ship.

We always get a mid ship cabin on deck 4 and never have any problems. Can't comment on deck 7, sorry.

Edited by retiredgram

My recommendation is to stay away from the the cabins near the center elevators. It gets extremely loud when events are held in that area. When we cruised, the weather wasn't great so the nighttime activities moved from the pool deck inside. Our cabin was 8536. We had two choices - have the door closed that cut off the hallway and listen to it slam every time someone walked down the hall or leave it open and hear the band and people. Didn't get to sleep until well after 2am a couple nights.

We have never cruise with RCCL only with Disney and Celebrity Cruise Lines. We have eight (8) cruises with Celebrity Cruise Line. My spouse and her friends would like to do the New England Cruise sailing on aboard Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, Maryland . Will we be disappointed? We have sailed small cruise ships before The Century and The Mercury under Celebrity Cruise Line.

We are all in our late sixty's (60's).

We are looking at deck seven (7) for our cabins selections.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks advance.

I believe that if you enjoyed the Century and the Mercury, you will love the Grandeur. The Canada/New England cruise is wonderful. Which sailing are you considering?

I'm not much help yet but I'm going on Grandeur as my first cruise in a few weeks. I will be staying on Deck 7. I will be near the forward elevators but not the central ones. Hopefully, it won't be bad. I booked it as a guarantee and it is a lot better room than I expected to get. I'm planning to bring chamomile tea which I have lately discovered will reliably put me to sleep.

Anyway, I'll know more in a few weeks. I think the Canada itinerary looks very interesting and is something I would definitely consider doing. I've been to both New England and part of Canada as land travel and I've always enjoyed it.

We are on Grandeur in a few weeks as well. Been reading on here about terrible mattresses. Can anyone who has been on Grandeur recently comment & advise on their mattresses? Thanks

I'm a bit concerned about this too. I'm be going next Saturday. I'll comment when I get back. I'm a side sleeper, if I wake up with a sore hip, I'll be begging for extra padding.

We are on Grandeur in a few weeks as well. Been reading on here about terrible mattresses. Can anyone who has been on Grandeur recently comment & advise on their mattresses? Thanks

We were on Grandeur in November of 14 and 15. Both mattresses were comfy.

Enjoy. We love Grandeur. I have links to my reviews in my signature if you are interested.

Enjoy. We love Grandeur. I have links to my reviews in my signature if you are interested.

Read your blog. Really enjoyed reading through it. Picked up some tips of things we will need to add to do on this trip. Any other tips/suggestions? Ya'll (yes; I'm southern) look like a fun couple to hand with. Maybe someday we will meet. Thanks again for the blog.

To the OP. Thanks you for your outstanding review with all those family great photos moments. Just Outstanding !!!!

I have had gelato on a Celebrity ship; never on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Ice cream, yes. Soft serve frozen yogurt, yes. Gelato, no.

Exactly this from my experience last May on the Grandeur. Ice cream machine is on the pool deck to the left of the Windjammer. Many people miss it unless they know it's there.