Carnival Gift Card Questions......

They work just like any gift card and can be applied to the cost of the cruise or onboard to your account as if they were cash.

Some buy them instead of doing a credit card on thier sign and sale, and so they dont have to carry large sums of cash

Many people get great deals, like Publix, where they are running a sale on gift cards with grocery purchase. Others buy them from grocery stores that give points for discounts on gas.

Verizon offers deals with points, as do many other companies

Personally, i never find a good deal by me, so i dont use them

Edited by pbsteve

On our 7 cruise coming up in June, can someone fill me in on the Carnival Gift Cards.....how they work, where to buy, advantage or disadvantage of using.

Thank you

We get ours at Lowe's Home Improvement stores and use them like a credit card (load them unto our account when we board)

Edited by Heartkrazy

We get ours at Lowe's Home Improvement stores and use them like a credit card (load them unto our account when we board)

But does lowes offer them at a discount?

The idea is to buy them at a discount and save you money that you would normally spend on your cruise. Like the Verizon Rewards deals. You can buy a Carnival Card at a 10% savings.

Edited by HawkIVette

Disadvantage - if you use them hold on to them, if a refund is needed for any reason the refund is issued to the same payment method. Last year I bought a few when the grocery store had a discount - as I applied them, I wrote notes on each card, date applied & $ value. Tucked them away until the trip was completed.

I was also concerned because if for some odd reason we did cancel, I basically would be holding $ for a very specific item. I didn't like that aspect, but all went without a hitch!

On our 7 cruise coming up in June, can someone fill me in on the Carnival Gift Cards.....how they work, where to buy, advantage or disadvantage of using.

Thank you

For any AARP members - I've bought several CCL GCs through AARP at 10% discount. In order to get the discount, you have to do quizzes to accumulate points, but they're easy quizzes. The only problem is that you have to keep checking cuz they get bought up quickly.

I bought $200 during Christmas time at my grocery store when they had a 4X Gas point promotion.

For that, I got 80cents off a gallon of gas... using it for 25 gallons, we saved $20 or 10%. I will take it. It was nice to have that credit on our S&S Bill last week, as they were paid for months ago!!

Was the carnival discount on gift cards for fathers day 2015 or 2014? Any idea if they will do it again?

Posters here on CC have said that Carnival has not had any discounts on their gift cards in the recent past.

I get mine at either Verizon Wireless Rewards or AARP's Reward for Good site, depends on how many points I accumulated on each.

I found it's easier for me to get the $500 cards for $450 as they don't sell out their quota as quickly as the $100 cards get snapped up.

Disadvantage - if you use them hold on to them, if a refund is needed for any reason the refund is issued to the same payment method.

This is true. We had to cancel our 3rd person last year and they sent us a new gift card for the amount of the refund. They will send you gift cards to refund gift card amounts. Since the cards are not reloadable, they cannot refund to the exact gift card that you used. So ... it's really not necessary to hold onto the used gift cards.

I enjoy using the discounted Carnival gift cards when I can get them from Verizon Wireless Rewards as I used them to pay off our last cruise and had extra to put onto our s&s card, so hoping to do the same again this time...I just love saving money...lol!

I usually cruise at least one time a year, so each month I buy a $100 gift card. I add them to my S&S account especially if we purchase the drinks package. I try to get them through Verizon's Smart Rewards, but I have ordered through Carnival also. They can load them most times when you check in. I like knowing that I won't have a huge bill at the end of my cruise.

We used them on our cruise last month, got the eBay deal that was talked about on here. I did the e-cards, grabbed the numbers before I was onboard then once I was on I went up to the of the Kiosk's and added them to my account. No issues at all.

I get a plastic gift card. Takes usually about a week to get it. I know that I'm going to sail on Carnival again in the future, so I purchase the gift card. It hasn't been a problem to use them. I am keeping the used ones to use as decorations on a cruise themed Christmas tree in the future.